DVC Member PAP Special Pricing - Update Post 133

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Cheshire Figment, Sep 12, 2012.

1. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Yes you can. Order a voucher and just exchange it for the AP by 12/31/13.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. biggie97

biggie97 Earning My Ears

Thank you for your feedback. But I just want to be clear- So if I activate my ticket at the gate and then upgrade to a PAP they will not deduct the cost of one day fro the value of 7 day MYW ticket? Will I get the full credit of $290 vs one day less ? If that is true that is a great deal. Should I do the transaction on the same day?

4. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

They never do that. Your AP is backdated to the date you first used the ticket and you are credited its full gate value.

5. biggie97

biggie97 Earning My Ears

That makes sense-thanks for the quick response!!

6. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I know this is an old thread but I have a question related to this post. Can I upgrade existing unused ticket media to a DVC PAP Cert? Our regular APs run out in 12/29 and I don't want to renew them. We will be at WDW in Dec until the passes expire. I have unused 2-day passes and I would like to apply the value of those passes to a PAP Cert that I won't activate until March 2013. Can I do that?

7. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Should be able to as long as you buy it before December 31.

8. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

But if you upgrade the tickets to PAP while at Disney World, doesn't that mean you would get an activated pass right then and there and NOT a voucher that you could activate at a later date?

9. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

Well, that was my question :). We know from Cheshire Figment's post that (A) "certificates" are available at WDW Customer Relations windows and the AP certificates are the same as AP vouchers. We also know that (B) we can upgrade tickets (used and unused) to regular APs that are activated when they are issued. So, if A and B can both be done, can I combine them to upgrade a ticket to an DVC PAP certificate?

10. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

I based my answer on CF's previous statement that they could issue a voucher at the window at the parks. And I already knew that you could use existing tickets towards an AP upgrade (or PAP or DVC etc. upgrade).

My answer (which I have not proven out myself) was that you should be able to use your tickets towards the purchase of a DVC PAP voucher to be activated next year.

11. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

I have just rechecked the general ticketing/upgrade rules and have seen nothing which talks about upgrading an unused ticket to an AP Certificate. And this is nothing that would either allow or forbid the action.

If a person were to come to my window I would be able to do it. However I would have to use the original price that Disney Ticket Operations sold the ticket for, which might be less than what you paid for the ticket.

12. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for checking! If they don't upgrade the tickets, I'll just save them for another year.

13. goofy_joe

goofy_joe Mouseketeer

This may have already been answered (skimming the thread), but if we bought three PAP vouchers and didn't activate them until October 2013, they'd still be good until roughly the same date in October 2014, correct? I know the voucher has to be redeemed by Dec. 31, 2013, but I just wanted to make sure the pass itself was good from the activation date for one year (not expiring on Dec. 31, 2013). Can you please confirm?

14. mckryan

mckryan DIS Veteran

Yep, that is correct.

15. carm424

carm424 Earning My Ears

Is the MVMCP included with the annual??? I think I know the answer. Just making sure

16. castleri

castleri DIS Veteran

I believe that MVMCP tickets are always extra no matter what pass you have. At least I had to buy one a couple of years ago when I had an AP.

17. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Yep. There's an AP discount on the party tickets, which means you do have to buy tickets.

18. missesdisney

missesdisney DIS Veteran

Here now and at MK yesterday was able to upgrade at no charge our DVC regular annual passes purchased and used in July to the PAP. (No change in expire date of course) We had just purchased a new one for the additional family member with us as well. I asked politely and fully expected to hear no, as we paid more than $399 in July.

The gentleman who was walking when I asked immediately said yes when he thought I had said they had not yet been used, but when I said they had, they called for a supervisor and she came and took care of it for me.

I'm not sure if the policy changed on the over $399 or if I just got a very nice cast member who did something nice for me but wanted to share.

Happy Thanksgiving!

19. SUSIEQ

SUSIEQ DIS Veteran

Did they give you a refund in the form of a gift card, since you originally paid more than $399?

20. missesdisney

missesdisney DIS Veteran

No refund - even exchange. I didn't care about the price difference as I'd used the cards - I only cared to have them upgraded so I could use the discount and go to DisneyQuest for my son :)

21. mrstomrice

mrstomrice Disney Planning Fanactic!

So I may be able to upgrade my current DVC APs to a PAP? The price difference is no matter to me...this would be great for our summer trip!