• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Fantasy Land Preview?

Yes, we are DVC, but we are not staying at a DVC resort this time. The cast member insisted the event is not available to locals because I made that same point when she wouldnt book it for me. Is there any point to calling back or is it booked up by now?

I would try again. Her response seem goofy to me. Can't imagine local DVC owners being disenfranchised. I doubt it is full now. I had my first choice of date, time and event...Belle or Ariel. Good luck. Be sure to call the special number. I dialed MS and while on hold opened DVCNews email. Tried the number there and it was picked up immediately.

Are you a DVC member? Not clear on that. If you are, try again. I wasn't asked for a reservation number just my member number as usual. After all some DVC members are locals and won't necessarily have a resort reservation. Anyway, as long as you are DVC you should be able to reserve for you and three others. Good luck.

I was told you had to have a DVC reservation for that day to be eligible. The CM looked up our reservation before she would put the request through. That's part of what they were doing when they put you on hold to make the reservation. I don't know if you have to be staying using points or not, though (we are). And I don't know if you have to be staying at a DVC resort or not (again, we are).

You have to be a DVC member, but you can be staying anywhere on property, points or cash. I just called again. I'm wondering what these previews offer that isn't available to the general public.

I will be calling back later after I verify our Art of Animation reservation info. :)

I was told you had to have a DVC reservation for that day to be eligible. The CM looked up our reservation before she would put the request through. That's part of what they were doing when they put you on hold to make the reservation. I don't know if you have to be staying using points or not, though (we are). And I don't know if you have to be staying at a DVC resort or not (again, we are).

That's interesting but doesn't seem especially fair. I haven't seen anything indicating APers need to have a resort reservation to book those previews.

I wasn't put on hold at all although I imagine the CM was able to see that we do indeed have a resort reservation on that day.

You have to be a DVC member, but you can be staying anywhere on property, points or cash. I just called again. I'm wondering what these previews offer that isn't available to the general public.

I will be calling back later after I verify our Art of Animation reservation info. :)

FL had a soft opening on Friday according to many posts on the DIS. I doubt we get to see anything more than those lucky guests did. Apparently there are many CM as well as AP and DVC viewings before it officially opens. My email did say that the restaurant won't be serving during the preview.

Good luck.

After using 500 of my 700 cell phone minutes, and most of my data plan, I finally got in! I hope Ariel remembers me. I can't wait!!

If I was a local DVC member without a resort reservation I would definitely be a little irritated. We ended up getting the 5th at 5pm despite all the nonsense this morning.

I don't want to gave anyone false hope, but we were staying at SSR the year the toy story ride opened. We were at the park, walking by and there was a man out front and asked us if we wanted to check the ride out. He called it a "soft opening." Did we want to ride it??? Of course we did! And we rode it again and again and again. We had a lot of pixie dust sprinkled on us that day. Maybe it will happen to you, too!

pixiedust:

The New Fantasyland section will most likely be open off and on from now until the official previews begin on 11/19. According to a different site, there are number of CM preview dates through the end of October. Then there's the Passholder, D23 & DVC Previews in early November. On dates when there are previews scheduled, FL will probably not open to regular park guests.

Did you get an email. I've been checking member web site often and never saw it

Staying at dvc but am an ap holder and booked the 10th they did not ask for a reservation

After using 500 of my 700 cell phone minutes, and most of my data plan, I finally got in! I hope Ariel remembers me. I can't wait!!

What day are you booked for?? My kids think you and koala are real cute. :love: We will be looking for you on our trip!

What day are you booked for?? My kids think you and koala are real cute. :love: We will be looking for you on our trip!

We are booked for the 11th. That's our arrival date. Koala and I will have a TR on the TR page. Hope to see you!

We rode the Under the Sea ride last night and it was fun. Had some LeFeu's brew as well - basically frozen apple juice with toasted marshmallow flavor mixed in, plus mango foam on top. Big Top water play area will get you soaked! BOG looks very nice. They had the main dining room open to look at and they showed the area where you pick your meal for lunch. Two other dining areas were not open.

did anyone get an answer on if this is going to be the entire 3 1/2 hours?? my cm didn't have an answer:confused3

I was told this as well. The CM said you must have a resort reservation during the FL preview dates and be a DVC member to take part in the preview. Doesn't have to a DVC resort but a WDW resort and your name has to be on the reservation.

did anyone get an answer on if this is going to be the entire 3 1/2 hours?? my cm didn't have an answer:confused3

My (uneducated) guess is that when you check in they will give you an actual time within that window to show up at the entrance to the New Fantasyland. We'll see.

I had tried to make an AP reservation yesterday without success.

Thanks to my DDiL who told me earlier today about a DVC preview and to check the DIS DVC board (thank you erionm and others that posted very helpful information) we were able to reserve the preview using the link provided by erionm. I had a choice of times and the process was quick and easy.

We are booked for the 11th. That's our arrival date. Koala and I will have a TR on the TR page. Hope to see you!

Bummer! We leave on the 10th. We were hoping to see you guys monkeying around. :joker:

We will just have to read your trip report. Hope you have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter