• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Fantasy Land Preview?

Yes, we are DVC, but we are not staying at a DVC resort this time. The cast member insisted the event is not available to locals because I made that same point when she wouldnt book it for me. Is there any point to calling back or is it booked up by now?

I am a DVC member and could NOT get a FL preview due to the fact we do not have a reservation at a Disney resort at the time of the preview. We are staying at our outside timeshare at that time. I do however have the following week booked at BCV's and that did not matter. I called and wrote to DVC member service and got the same response.

You must have a Disney reservation at the time of the preview. Needless to say THAT SUCKS!! So much for member perks!

You must have a Disney reservation at the time of the preview. Needless to say THAT SUCKS!! So much for member perks!

I am thinking it was maybe their way of limiting tickets for the event. DVC was the last preview announced so I almost think they just got what was left over or set aside and probably got the least amount of spots. So maybe they figured they would reward people who are actually using their membership.

I think some limits were prudent. DVC was only given limited preview slots. Without this limitation, any member living within 100 miles of WDW could drive up to attend. That would have created even greater competition.

Unless I'm misinterpreting, seems like people are saying that the WDW schedule has folks scheduled to work the New Fantasyland attractions pretty much every day from now on. During preview events it will only be open to the specific audience, but other days "soft" openings are likely. Sounds like folks who missed out on the scheduled preview events still have a good shot at getting in. Twitter is a good resource...a number of Disney bloggers are posting when it's open.

I think some limits were prudent. DVC was only given limited preview slots. Without this limitation, any member living within 100 miles of WDW could drive up to attend. That would have created even greater competition.

Unless I'm misinterpreting, seems like people are saying that the WDW schedule has folks scheduled to work the New Fantasyland attractions pretty much every day from now on. During preview events it will only be open to the specific audience, but other days "soft" openings are likely. Sounds like folks who missed out on the scheduled preview events still have a good shot at getting in. Twitter is a good resource...a number of Disney bloggers are posting when it's open.

Good Point but it still SUCKS...lol

Booked for annual pass preview they did not ask if i had a reservation

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

got email to call oct 15 at 12:00 pm after 115 times trying going to preview on nov 5 at 12:30 pm -400pm whole family going hope its great

Dumb question.

We will be arriving for our vacation on 11/9 and staying through 11/15. Are there any preview dates during that time? We are DVC. If so, how do I try and find availability? If not, I am going to have to beg, borrow and steal from my brother who just happens to be "good friends" with a certain Prince.

This is our last trip before we move to Japan for 4 years and would love for my 4 yo DD to see it before we leave.

We will be arriving for our vacation on 11/9 and staying through 11/15. Are there any preview dates during that time?

I didn't bother to research all of the preview dates but if there are any scheduled during that period, they are all full by this time. DVC preview dates are Nov 4 & 5.

Chances are there will be multiple unscheduled "soft" openings during that period. I would simply suggest checking whenever you are in the park.

I was not able to get online that day...website kept crashing. I did however get a slot on Nov 4th form 5-830 through calling the DVC number. I am excited to see the area, even though it's a "soft opening". The kids will be very psyched once I tell them.

My daughter got threw with the passholders!! :yay: It took hours of hitting the reset button.
Anyone going (not on the preview dates) still might be able to enjoy it, I was at the park just before my flight home on Oct 13 and happened to walk by, they had Belle's storytime, Ariel's ride, Gaston's tavern and the store open. The ride was down but waited in line and it was back working, so was able to ride. Didn't have time for Belle's storytime.
:sad:

We are here and have gone to MK twice this week and both times belle and ariel were openned for "dress rehersels". also the meet and greets and stores are open. Ariel even has fast pass which is located near the philharmagic attraction. we've done ariel 3 times now. we still have another week of vacation left, so will catch belle. the wait yesterday was 40 minutes, so we didn't wait.

We have the first slot on Sunday morning. Is it safe to assume that the buses will be running that early? It seems like we were told to arrive at 7:30!

I would just confirm with the concierge at your hotel the night before, but I think it's safe to say they will. We've caught very early buses for character breakfasts before. Another option is a cab If you're wanting to save time at such an early hour. This has worked well for us and I think the most we've paid for a cab to get around property is $15 from SSR to ticket and transportation center. Do keep in mind thats where you'll get dropped off if you take a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter