DVC changed my guide

Disneypubgal

Disneyphile
said she retired... I have had contact with her over the last 14 years and really liked working with her... We have added on 4 times since original purhcase....so surprised that she didn't let us know she was leaving!

Wow, I, too am surprised she did not contact you. Did DVC contact you to let you know or did you discover when you initiated contact with them?

Susie Farnsworth? I got a call a couple of weeks ago from my new guide, who said Susie retired. I didn't buy from Susie and only talked to her a couple of times when she called me about adding on so I would not expect a call from her. I had a feeling the new guide only called to feel me out about how interested I would be in add-on.

If a DVC Guide has been selling there for 14+ years I am sure their client base is huge, in the thousands. So, I would not expect them to call when they are leaving. Most companies will not allow that, they will have the replacement salesperson give a call, though, once they have been reassigned.

Glad the new Guide gave you an introductory call already! :)

Susie Farnsworth? I got a call a couple of weeks ago from my new guide, who said Susie retired. I didn't buy from Susie and only talked to her a couple of times when she called me about adding on so I would not expect a call from her. I had a feeling the new guide only called to feel me out about how interested I would be in add-on.

Julie Hughes Vivas

If a DVC Guide has been selling there for 14+ years I am sure their client base is huge, in the thousands. So, I would not expect them to call when they are leaving. Most companies will not allow that, they will have the replacement salesperson give a call, though, once they have been reassigned.

Carol, could agree with you more, however I worked for Disney for 10 years and we became friends and often (not all the time) we would get together for lunch when I would come to WDW either for business or pleasure.

Glad the new Guide gave you an introductory call already! :)

Me too!

OP -- don't take it personal, who knows why the guide retired, contacting DVC members may have not been at the top of her list... there's a lot of stuff once needs to do when retiring to pass on/complete tasks. If you two were personal friends she may contact you when the time is right for her. If neither if you have each others personal contact then even those lunches were possibly under the presumption of business.

My first guide left several years ago. We still get Christmas cards:goodvibes

Maybe DVC has rules against notifying members or maybe she did not know she was retiring;)

I got a call a few months ago from DVC telling me that our guide, Jenna, retired. I was then transfered over to speak to our new guide who was not as friendly.But I don't plan on doing anymore add on's until Poly has a DVC.

We recently were assigned a new guide also.
We were a bit sad we couldn't say good-bye to Ron.
I know we weren't "friends" but he would call us every time we were there.
And we would pop in to say Hi when we could.
Our new guide never called us but sent an e-mail and a letter by regular mail.

We recently were assigned a new guide also.
We were a bit sad we couldn't say good-bye to Ron.
I know we weren't "friends" but he would call us every time we were there.
And we would pop in to say Hi when we could.
Our new guide never called us but sent an e-mail and a letter by regular mail.

I was sad that Ron left too. He always treated me like family!!! Hope he is doing well in his new position!!!

Julie Hughes Vivas

I have had 4 guides since I originally purchased almost 3 years ago. Julie was my last guide and she's gone now too. I wonder if I'll get a call from a new guide. I haven't heard a thing. Who is your new guide?

We also had Jenna, who apparently just left Disney after a # of years. She was great - really good experience purchasing through her. Although I have been assigned a new guide & he did call, have to say I can't remember his name & probably don't need to until we are ready to add-on (which will likely be several years from now).

There seems to be a lot of retirements lately in DVC sales. I received a call as well telling me my guide has retired. She was there for a while.... I know she was just our salesperson but I always appreciated the calls asking me if all was okay and I needed anything. I am thinking retired is meaning no longer with the company as my guide was one of the ones that have not been mentioned.

Being one of those folks looking at retiring myself here pretty soon, I was looking at a Employment web Site and saw SEVERAL Full and Part time DVC jobs listed. Must have had a rash of "Retirements"...Shawnpirate:

A few years ago, our original guide was replaced with someone new, when we asked about him, we were told that he had gotten a promotion. When we went to WDW a few months later, we stopped in at the DVC center at SSR and asked if they could let us know where he was, because we'd love to say hello - and found out he was no longer with the company (which really surprised me because he was very proud of his 10 year service pin). So when I hear that someone has "retired" I take that as code for "let go":(!

Julie Hughes Vivas

She was my guide as well for many years. Great to work with, and it won't be the same adding on with another "guide". She was one of the first DVC reps (This is what she told me a year or so ago when I did my last add-on) and recalls when they actually were putting the program together.

Oh well, I probably have enough points now anyhow. :)

We got no notice either when ours retired. I have my suspicions some of the these agents were "retired" instead of choosing to retire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter