DVC changed my guide

We recently were assigned a new guide also.
We were a bit sad we couldn't say good-bye to Ron.
I know we weren't "friends" but he would call us every time we were there.
And we would pop in to say Hi when we could.
Our new guide never called us but sent an e-mail and a letter by regular mail.

Yes, we lost Ron also, and were sad to see him go. He seemed to go "a step above" the other guides I hear about on these boards and we felt lucky to have him as our guide. We got a call from our new guide who seemed nice enough I suppose. I hope it's true what she told us, that Ron was still with DVC but had moved on to another position.

We had Meghan and she's gone too. We got a call from our new guide last week. He's based out of California though.

Yes, we lost Ron also, and were sad to see him go. He seemed to go "a step above" the other guides I hear about on these boards and we felt lucky to have him as our guide.

Before anyone begins hyperventilating ;), there are/were multiple Rons. Ron Brumbaugh is not the guide being discussed here. Whew!! :)

I got a call a few months ago from DVC telling me that our guide, Jenna, retired. I was then transfered over to speak to our new guide who was not as friendly.But I don't plan on doing anymore add on's until Poly has a DVC.

We also had Jenna, who apparently just left Disney after a # of years. She was great - really good experience purchasing through her. Although I have been assigned a new guide & he did call, have to say I can't remember his name & probably don't need to until we are ready to add-on (which will likely be several years from now).

We had Jenna as well, loved her! We went to meet with her in Feb on our vacation with the intention of adding on. When we got there they just said "Jenna is no longer with the company." We were bummed. Our new guide, Bruce, was nice enough, but we didn't "click." We just weren't comfortable and got a vibe like he wasn't interested in our add on so we decided to wait on it. When we decide to go for it again, we'll ask for a new guide. The only reason we knew we had a new guide was because we contacted DVC.

Julie Hughes Vivas

That's a shame. Julie was our guide and not too long ago was promoted. We actually spoke quite a few times. We purchased 3 contracts with her over the past 13 years. I will miss her...I do hope it was a "choice" rather than a "request".

That's a shame. Julie was our guide and not too long ago was promoted. We actually spoke quite a few times. We purchased 3 contracts with her over the past 13 years. I will miss her...I do hope it was a "choice" rather than a "request".

I actually was able to reach her and it was her choice to retire.. She is the best guide ever!!! Will miss her tons and our new guide has a lot to live up too!

Been trying to get in touch with the new guide and not having much luck!! Kind of annoyed since I just got her a sale to boot!!

I actually was able to reach her and it was her choice to retire.. She is the best guide ever!!! Will miss her tons and our new guide has a lot to live up too!

Been trying to get in touch with the new guide and not having much luck!! Kind of annoyed since I just got her a sale to boot!!

Thank you for letting me know it was Julie's choice. Now I feel better. It's highly unlikely that we'll add on so as much as I will miss her personally, her replacement will probably never hear from me!!!

I can't remember my first guide, I think it was Randy somebody. I was switched to Julie sometime in the mid-90's, think. She really was great and I am sorry to see her go. Maybe once her son was grown, and she remarried, she decided to move on. I have recently received a couple of messages from someone at DVC, asking me to return her call. I can't remember her name, and I just haven't taken the time to return the calls. I guess she is probably my new guide.

We had Jenna too. I called in February just to get an idea if there were any BCV points for a Dec UY and got a generic DVC message. I called MS afterward and they said she was still assigned as my guide but obviously that still isn't the case. I really had a good rapport with her. I don't think we'll add on soon but would have liked to had her as my guide when we did.

for a brief time after our previous guide, Alan, left the company. He worked out of the DTD store in IL. Jenna was nice enough, but she was in FL. When I called to ask some general questions about an add-on (that is a couple of years down the road, at least), I found that Jenna has left. I spoke to a new guide, but we didn't really "click".

Last weekend DH and I were in Woodfield, so we popped into DTD. We asked if we could have someone "local" (the DTD store is about an hour from where we live). We spent a great deal of time talking with Laurie, and I'll be happy to give her the business when we are ready to add on (provided that she is still with the company!)

Carol, could agree with you more, however I worked for Disney for 10 years and we became friends and often (not all the time) we would get together for lunch when I would come to WDW either for business or pleasure.

Me too!

This may have already been said, but I'm sure there is protocol she had to follow, and I doubt she could've sent an email to the members who she considered friends and not sent them to her entire client base. That said, if she wanted to send you an email from her personal computer via her personal email addy then that's a different story. They probably divvied up her clients amongst existing guides and they should be the ones contacting all of her current members. Sounds like she had a long Disney career! My guide has also been there for a long time- I think it's a pretty lucrative position, perhaps now made a bit harder by the economy and resales.---Kathy

This is an interesting thread. We just bought DVC in October and I didn't realize that the person that helped us when we made the purchase was kind of ours forever. I love her and am happy that if we ever add on, we would go back to Kelly Patel. Just didn't realize that that is kind of the way it goes.

Mary

We just bought DVC in October and I didn't realize that the person that helped us when we made the purchase was kind of ours forever.

Well, that's *usually* how it works. However, there can be circumstances where this isn't true. The first time you talk to DVC, you are assigned a guide. It's possible that you could be assigned a guide already, then walk into a DTD store or purchase on DCL, and the guide who works with you may not actually be the guide that is assigned to you.

So, while Ron Brumbaugh is my guide, I could decide to purchase through Derek at the Schaumburg, IL, DTD store, or through Dave during a DCL cruise and never even talk to Ron to let him know. He'd find out internally, of course (and I would make a point of calling him to give him a heads up).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter