Dusted at Disney (Pixie, that is!)

Ok...just have to share our story now....

In 1999 we received a coupon for a free dinner and preferred seating at any of the Epcot countries before we left home for our vacation.

After dinner we got to sit on the UK patio for the fireworks. DD not only was stung by a bee but also got a cinder from the fireworks in her eye. The CM that was working on the UK patio gathered all of us and walked us over to first aid. It started raining so she gave us each (4 of us) a WDW umbrella which we got to keep. After DD was checked over in first aid, the CM gave us each another coupon for "preferred seating" for the next evening's firework display since we ended up missing most of the display.

Since she knew that we would have to use another day from our Hopper Pass to get in, she also made arrangements for us to receive another free dinner for the next evening. When we got back to our room at CBR on the next evening, someone left DD a gift package with a rain pancho, a CBR mug, a pin and some candy with apologies from Tinkerbell for sprinkling her pixiedust in the wrong place!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

After we got home, we called Guest Relations at Epcot to be sure that Bridgette was recognized for all her thoughtfullness.

This story is slightly off topic, but still relevant to how wonderful and magical even the thought of WDW can be...we surprised our DDs (then 5 & 7, turing 8 during the trip) with their first trip to WDW last Dec.-everything from the weather to our hotel to the crowds at the parks, etc. was perfect and we truely felt lucky! Well, the day we came home, I started figuring when/how to plan another trip... :rotfl2: then my oldest daughter, Alison started having problems with her right hip and we didn't know what was wrong. Starting in late April, she had to have Xrays, bone scans, blood tests, an aspiration, MRIs and finally a CTscan that confirmed she had a benign tumor growing inside of her. (She just had surgery last Tuesday, 11/22, and is doing very well!! :cool1: )-anyway, through all the tests, we'd talk about our last trip and our next trip to WDW-we'd read her Birnbaum Disney for Kids book together to help her not think how she needed an IV, etc. The power and magic of WDW helped to get us through some tough times-so in that way, we were given a huge dusting of pixie dust! :sunny:

We were dusted by pixie dust many times on our trip... :goodvibes

The two examples I can remember the most happenned our first day:
1. Check-in - our stupid TA booked us at the POR instead of POFQ (something we specifically wanted) When we showed up to check in and were told this news, we said wanted the French Quarter and even though the standard rooms were full (tail end of Jersey Week), they upgraded us to water view!

2. Our first nite, we had to get to Hoop De Doo from DTD and ended up on the Wilderness Logde bus - not Fort Wilderness!!! We realized our mistake, and got off at the Grand Floridian!!! :goodvibes After telling guest services about our mistake, we asked if they could call us a cab... they got a CM to drive us instead!!!!! :goodvibes

A great start to a very memorable trip, I'd say

Well, we had a little pixie dust ourselves in 2000. My wife and I were here with our oldest DD at Dixie Landings (POR now) and my wife had some diamond earrings that I had given here for our first anniversary. Like most women she takes them off at night to wash her face and get ready for bed. At DL she just dropped them in a drinking glass next to the sink. The next morning we left for the parks without them. You guessed it, when we got back the glasses were gone and so were the diamond studs! I was compassionately FURIOUS!

After a less than reassuring call to the front desk I was told that all the dishes from the whole park area go to a central washing facility and then are redistributed to all resorts. Not much chance of ever finding them. By now I had cooled and felt bad that the first anniversary gift was gone.

Next day...We arrived back after the parks to a flashing light on the phone. The message suggested we check the nightstand drawer. We looked and the Diamond earrings were there neatly packed in a tissue. I have no idea how they found them and returned them so quicly but we were obviously thrilled.

Same thing happened two years later for my son and a lost lanyard at hoop de doo but still can't believe the earrings were found at all!

DD (5) wanted to pin trade after a couple of days of being in the parks, we let her buy a started kit with the 4 pins on it at MGM. She traded with every poor cm that was working that day. There was a nice cm working on main street MGM that she went to trade with who saw that she only had 4 pins so when she went to trade with him he gave her the pin. It made her day!!!! And in the POFQ food court she was getting choc ice cream for a snack credit and told the nice cm that choc was her favorite kind, he told her to enjoy it and come back for more tomarrow because tonight was on him. You should have seen her smile. I know they are all little things, but they are nice things that people didnt need to do but did because they felt like it! I love this thread!!!!!

:wizard: We have justed returned from a 7 day trip to Disney and stayed at Coronoda Springs. What a BEAUtiful resort. Upon Check in we were given the building we requested they put us in a room very close to not only to the resort pool, but also to the bus stop. After settling in I went to the concierge to pick up our MVMCP tkts, while doing so started a conversation about our trip and how we told the children we were coming and it was a complete surprise and how my dd (8) and ds (5) love Peter Pan Well we left for dinner and upon our return the concierge had arranged to have Peter Pan send an autographed picture and card addressed to each of the children with a bouquet of balloons. The children were so shocked that Peter Pan had come to their room. They were bouncing off the ceiling. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Then we at dinner at Jiko in AKL, Goofy called my daughter to wish her a Merry Christmas. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Wow. These stories are great!!

I was dusted all through my whole entire trip. Our whole entire family had been waiting for years to go with a "We'll go next year-we promise!" from Mom and Dad when I was a little girl (about 5, said I could go when I was ten and my brother could behave himself). Some tough times had fallen on us since then...extremely tough times...and we finally had to go (because I'd been planning this exactly one year today!)

My mom had wanted to go ever since she was a little girl because her other sisters had gotten to go and she wasn't allowed to because of other different reasons I'm not quite sure about.

When we finally saw the castle...and Eeyore...my mom was radiating a smile that could cause some major damage for anyone without sunglasses. She hardly ever beams like that. When we finally got to "her Castle" and "her ride" (Space Mountain) she was teary-eyed. It was absolutely fabulous.

Not to mention the towel animals, great CM's...

Just thought I'd share because we felt dusted all through our trip!!

Since I can't seem to get to work today because we are leaving early tomorrow morning, I thought I would share a couple quick stories.

Last year, my husband and DD4 and DD10 were in line for the Magic Carpets. It was about a 20 minute wait, but DD4 really wanted to go. I went to use the bathroom and get a snack. Well, when DD4 got to the front of the line (dressed in her Aurora princess costume mind you), she had a mini melt down and did not want to ride for some reason. (who knows why 4 year old's do this... :rolleyes: )

My poor husband had to get out of line with her and my DD10 rode by herself. I did not see this and DH could not find me, so he had to get out of line with our youngest.

The nicest CM (dressed in a shirt and tie - so not a worker from the Magic Carpets) witnessed the "incident" and came over to us while we were waiting for our other DD. He asked my 4 year old if she was okay (she was crying). She mumbled. He asked her if she like the Jungle Cruise. She said "Yes! It's my favorite!" He asked "How would you like to go to the front of the line and ride it right now?" She was thrilled. The crying stopped and this wonderful CM said that Disney is supposed to be fun and he wanted to make our day better. As soon as DD10 got off the right, he took us to a boat (didn't wait in the regular line) and we got right on. It was so very sweet. I couldn't thank him enough!

Another time, my youngest DD (she was 3 on this trip), was looking at the pretty flowers at Epcot. I told her to "just look and don't touch." A gardener overhead this and as we were walking away, he came over with a bunch of flowers for my DD. He said he was "thinning" them and wanted to give them to the pretty little girl. So sweet once again! I have a picture of my daughter holding her bunch of flowers in front of the fountain in Epcot.

I can't wait to get there! I should be landing in Orlando about this time tomorrow! :)

After reading all of the wonderful stories, I was reminded of my own!

My nieces were about 5 and 2 at the time, they are now 15 and 10 A guide book had mentioned a spot near the UK to watch Illuminations. It is behind the restaurant and is used for private parties which I didn't know at the time. We went to the area early and were stopped by a CM who asked us where we were going. I pointed to the landing and said, we want to to sit right there to watch the fireworks. He said sorry, that's for a private party and we don't allow others to be in the viewing spot. He looked at my niece's sweet faces just looking at him and waiting to be let in and said "let me see what I can do." He spoke to a lady in a buisness suit and said "these girls want to watch the fireworks, do you think we can let a few more in?" She asked how many were in our party and I said 5 including my DB and DSIL. "Come back at 8:30 and we'll get you in!"

Illunimations exploded right in front of us! It was the best seat ever! I have told so many people about this and they still ask me why of any vacation place in the world, why do I keep coming back. Why do you think?

In January 2001, we stayed at the WL. On our 2nd night, DS, 7 at the time, got the stomach flu in the middle of the night, (did I mention we had bunkbeds and he was on the top bunk). As you can imagine, we had quite a mess on our hands. We contacted the front desk to let them know we would need some clean linens and cleaning supplies asap. Housekeeping arrived shortly after and helped us tidy up the room. About 4 hours later (approx. 8:30 A.M.) there was a knock at our door. My DH openned the door to find a CM with a stuffed Mickey Mouse and an autogrphed picture/get well card for DS. CM told DS that Mickey heard he wasn't feeling well and wanted to send him something special.
although it was an unfortunate situation, this was DS fondest memory of the trip.
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Who would have ever thought I could be dusted by Disney while recovering in the hospital.......ok here goes.

In December I underwent 2 surgeries to repair damage done to my shoulder and knee from a less-than-stellar "gentleman" who performed a "lovely" act of road rage against me and my vehicle. :scared1: So there I was in a Northern Virginia hospital, post recovery room, but still not feeling my best, when the nurse came in and told me I had a "special" visitor. They assumed I was some sort of VIP because they said the visitor came all the way from Florida just to see me.

For a moment I thought one of my Lounge Lizard friends was here, but I was wrong.

Who walks in, but the Main Man himself - Mickey! With flowers and balloons and a get-well card from WDW!

That perked me up SO much, that my spirits improved and they released 6 hours later. I walked out of the hospital (without crutches) - who needed crutches, I was sailing on Disney pixie dust! :banana:

We've had so much pixie dust on so many trips, but the following 2 are the ones that our family talks about again & again....

On our first trip to WDW, my DD fell in love with Epcot and we ended up sprnding the bulk of our time there. Her favorite "countries" were Canada & Norway, so we were entering World Showcase right when it opened and there were CM's from all of the countries out greeting the guests as they entered. We met a wonderful CM from Canada who started talking to my DD. She told him how much she loved his "country" and really homed that we could visit "for real" someday. He really did look touched and he proceeded to take his little tiny "Canadian Flag" pin off of his name badge and gave it to my DD. My daughter's eyes filled up with tears and ever since that day, almost 9 years ago, she's been a Canada nut.

That little Canadian flag was my DD's first pin & she's now an avis pin collector, which leads us to my next major pixie dust moment.....

We were riding the monorail and were lucky enough to be up front and had a wonderful, talkative driver, who was talking to my DD about her pins. My DD told her that her favorites were the Disney cats, but she was having real trouble finding Si & Am pins (they're her favorite Disney cats)....

We arrived at the TTC and our Driver asked us to wait off to the side for a moment, which we did......She ended up coming back with a giant book full of pins and found a CM Si & Am pin and handed it to my DD......Once again, my DD broke out into tears and hugged the CM. We were flabbergasted.....To make a long story short. We ended up going for another monorail ride, in the front, with our driver and it was an amazing beginning to an evening at the MK.

The amazing thing about WDW is that you never know when the Pixie Dust will be sprinkled, but it's always there! pixiedust:

Time to bump again - puts us in a good mood for the start of the week!

Not CM magic, but great memory anyway...

Ok, half a lifetime ago, I turned 18. In WDW...the most magical place on earth.

Unfortunately I was less than impressed; I was after all a teenager and if memory serves: an bratty teenager...so here goes:

6 days of me being a witch on par with the Evil Queen herself then I was hugely pixie dusted!!
Our last night in Orlando was to end with my B-day dinner at the polynesian. I go off to call friends at home to lament about the party they could have thrown me If I were home. Turn around to see a kid who looked like a friends little brother...Nah! We're from Maine, T's brother wouldn't be here. End call, meet mom for dinner (I'm still angry at this point, but she's trying) So I say; "Hey I just saw a kid who looked like P, you know T's little brother." Instead of laughing at me she says "Hey it was P, they're all here!"
We all had dinner together, The CM gave me a real flower Lei (remember this) when they heard it was my b-day and after dinner it was time to go. At 6pm no less. But T's parents to the rescue, they offered me a ride back to the hotel and let T and I wander for the evening. It was so amazing, out of a movie, us walking on the beach hand in hand. Us swimming in the lagoon (what self respecting teen does not have a bikini on under their dinner clothes? The fireworks from the deserted beach at Poly.Us getting to the Monorail to go back to Mk and being put in with the pilot, who made jokes about me getting "lei'd" for my b-day. (YIKES!) We both turned purple with embarrassment.
We stayed for the fireworks and his parents took me back to my hotel and we left early the next morning.

If we hadn't run into T's family my birthday would have been all bad memories. He knows his family saved the day and my mom teases me about my *lovely* attitude about the whole trip.

Back in 1999 my little sister and I were tourning MK by ourselves. She was 9 and I was 19. We went to the jungle cruise and there was no one else so we had our private cruise. The cm and I sat and talked while she "piloted" the boat. When we got back to dock there was a crowd waiting to go so they boarded and we went off again. The cm introduced my sis to the boat and told them she would be driving them for this trip. He then would include her during the tour saying things such as "Watch out for that waterfall Lindsay!! Turn!Turn!" This is my fav trip memory and I still have the pic of her "driving" the boat displayed in my home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter