Dusted at Disney (Pixie, that is!)

We had many. many small pixie dust moments on our June trip. Getting a "Don't worry, we'll take care of you." comment from the check-in CM, and then an unexpected room upgrade at WL , to wonderful service in all the restaurants. Also had the Soarin' ride CMs let us bump to the front row of section 2 rather than be in the 3rd row of section 1. Nothing as big as some of the tearjerker moments you have all had. Big or small though it is these things that make the Disney experience unique and so special.

I guess my biggest pixie dust moment was when a friend at work told me about this web site a few months before our trip. The knowledge, insight, and passion for WDW that we got from the folks that post at the DIS certainly made our trip as special as it was. Would not have gone as smoothly or magically without all of you !!! :goodvibes

Z

In June DD4 was looking for the Sleeping Beauty Doll at the Zawadi Market on our last day. Of course they did not have it but the CM looked everywhere for her. CM gave DD a trading pin of Tinkerbell and as she pinned it to her shirt she said ,"Tinkerbell provides all of the magic"! After that DD went straight to the lanyards...... She is a pin trader now! The other day I found her in her closet whispering to her Tinkerbell pin :hug: . She was wishing for the Sleeping Beauty doll! Guess what "Tinkerbell" is leaving in our room next trip! ;)

We had an awesome experience on our first trip as a family! :cool1:

DD was very nervous of the characters....wasn't really scared but definately did not want them to come too close. So, we are at Chef Mickey's celebrating her second birthday--she's having a blast so long as large furry ones will keep their distance :rolleyes2 She loved her birthday cupcake, but being two isn't quite sure what to do with the candle so Goofy came over and blew it out with her! She giggled every time she saw him after that ...

Then Minnie Mouse stopped by. All the rest would come over, try to greet family, see that she was hesitant and immediately make a big fuss over DS3 letting her have her space. They would sign her autograph book, and wave, etc. but not get too close (hence, she would go back to laughing etc.)

Minnie saw the situation and knelt down on the floor to play. DS was on one end of the table and DD was directly across from him sitting in a high chair. Minnie knelt between them and warmed up DD by clapping hands, and encouraging me to get DD to mimic her. (Thankfully, DH is filming the entire episode!!!) She would clap hands, touch her ears, touch her nose, clap hands again, etc. all with my kids playing along with the same motions. She then edged closer to the table...gave DS a high five....then turned to DD....who did give her a high five!!! Furry animal phyiscal contact.....wow.... then, she upped the ante....moved in to hug DS...tension mounts....leans over by DD....who yes indeed....threw her arms around her and gave Minnie the biggest hug ever!!! Yes...I cried. :p

Minnie turned to me and gave me a huge thumbs up, blew kids kisses and headed off to another table. DH still makes fun of me for sobbing out a "Bless you, Minnie Mouse!" :crazy:

Those are moments that our family will cherish for a lifetime. Sigh...pixie dust! Ten minutes of undivided play in a crowded restaurant and I will forever be a Minnie Mouse fan!! :teeth: ::MinnieMo

Oh I have always loved ::MinnieMo but wow I love that story about her getting your daughter to warm up to her.
That's what Disney is all about. :wizard:

Just a couple of little moments from our first WDW trip last september, but ones that we'll forever remember:

First time in MK, visited the Pooh shop to purchase 3 month old neice back in UK her first 'real' winnie! The counter is manned by an older CM, who chats with DD aged 10 and DS aged 7. He puts Winnie in a small plastic bag and pushes his nose through the hole in the handle, telling my kids that you have to be careful with little ones and plastic bags, and Winnie can still breathe!! That one will stay with us always, and we told everyone about it when we got home.

The other memorable one was waiting in a small line to meet Mary Poppins, near Ariels Grotto. DS then 6, decided its not very cool to see MP, so took himself to sit in the shade next to the seating area, where I was standing with camera at the ready. DD hands MP two autograph books to sign and MP asks who the other one belongs to. DD points to DS and says 'for my brother Thomas, over there'. MP leaves the line waiting and marches over to DS saying 'Now Sir Thomas,.....' and she crouches on the ground talking to him for ages!! DS was very embarassed but I think he loved it really!!

Now DD wants to do a summer as a CM, and DS wants to drive the monorail. That's fine by me, I'll just have to have a vacation home over there!! Ha Ha!!!

We KNOW the magic is real.

Just added another one:
First day of WDW vacation in MGM. Waiting for the parade just behind the front row of people thinking we would have a pretty good view, when a CM comes over and asks if we're watching the parade today. When we say yes, she asks us to follow her and takes us over the other side of the route where there is no one standing, opposite the (i think) ABC theatre (could be wrong about name, it was closed when we were there). She didn't have to do this, but she did. Magical.

We just returned from Disney two weeks ago and let me tell you there is no end to the faith our youngest has. She asked for a penny to make a wish every time we passed any water (ever think of how many chances you have to make a wish there?)
The last day of our trip we were in Epcot and she had just been informed that she had reached the end of her spending $. She asked for a penny and threw it into the fountain in France. "Okay mom, look in your purse. I have lots of money now." What? "I wished. Just look."
Oh I did not want to break that bubble-honey, wishes don't work like that. "does that mean when we get home there won't really be a duck, a puppy, a penguin, and a horse?"
Jiminy Crickett, what have you done to us? :goodvibes
Beth

on our last trip with my DD and her girls we had alot of pixie dust sprinkled all over us. Most of it fell on our Elizabeth. On our second day we were watching a show at the castle from the left side. there was an iron fence there and Elizabeth hung her backpack. After the show, we hurried over to Crystal Palace as we had PR for 10:30. As we were waiting, Elizabeth realized she had forgotten her backpack. At the time she and her sister were 7 yrs. old and to them this was awful. DD and Elizabeth went back to where we were standing but the backpack was gone! She had her lanyard with pins, her autograph book, pen, and disposable camera. We went to breakfast and she was feeling very depressed. Our server saw this and asked the problem. After explaining the problem she disappeared only to come back several minutes later with a brand new Autograph book and pen!! That helped alot to improve Elizabeth's day!!
We went to Guest Relations and reported the backpack and they checked in the lost and found but it wasn't there. They took our resort name and room number in case it showed up. We didn't hold much hope.
We got back to the room that evening and on the table was another autograph book, a Disney pen, and a new lanyard and several pins!!! Also was a picture of Snow White, Elizabeth's favorite character, with a message that went something like "sorry to hear you lost your backpack, hope this eases the tears. Love Snow White" Needless to say this made the whole trip for all of us!!!

I posted the first occurences a few years ago in our trip report but the incidents bear repeating. :flower:

When we were leaving CRT after breakfast the hostess stopped us (me, dh and 3 dds then 2, 7 and 10) at the elevator. She told the girls a magical story about their fabulous behavior and pixie dust, etc. Then she gave each a handful of mickey shaped glitter and told them to sprinkle some on each of their favorite rides and save some for their pillows that night to have sweet dreams. They had a blast and got even more joy from sharing the last of their 'pixie dust' with a sad little red-haired girl in front of us in the Buzz Lightyear line. It was precious!!!

THEN :) Tigger bounced with 7yo dd at the Crystal Palace. Absolutely priceless as my best friend has always called Stacy 'Tigger'.

THEN :) we are getting counter service in China. 2yo dd is in her stroller. This is close to the end of the trip and she has not been too pleased with the giant furry things or the ones with faces. Mulan comes over and proceeds to spend a LONG time with all 3 girls and eventually ends up squatted down next to Abby who is enraptured. Priceless memory for us.

Fast forward to 2004. The above mentioned 10yo dd (now 12) and I are in FL for a girl's weekend. As we exit the security area and head into MGM a guard says "Excuse me ma'am" and motions for me to step to the side. Now, I am a freakish 'rules' person so at this point I am in a panic trying to figure out how I could have violated any regulation. He (and older guy - 60's probably) discreetly leans toward me and says, in an almost whisper, "I think you need to return to your resort." I am LOSING IT (internally) and he follows this with "you need to clean up or change because you have a little poo on your shirt." No, a little Pooh. :rotfl2: It took me at least 15 seconds to get it and Megan an I laughed for days. We still giggle when I wear that shirt. Too cute. :earboy2:

bump - what better way to start out a new week :cool1:

OK now I'm all warm and fuzzy! So I'll share my biggest dose of PD!

This was Summer 2003 I had just spent my 20th b-day in the hospital in Ft. Lauderdale. We scheduled a post hospital trip to make up for a crappy birthday plus WDW was on the drive home anyways! We (mom and I) were in the MK that day and I had my hat on as always (they had shaved my head due to hair loss from meds) and 2 hiddeous metal knee braces. (I was a walking mess!) We went to the judges tent as it's the only place to have pics with characters that has AC (minus restaurants!) they cleared out all 3 rooms for me and brought all the characters in to one room! Also Tigger (not knowing) stole my hat and I just stood there shocked ready to cry. Cinderella told me I looked better without the hat anyways, and it stayed off for the rest of the trip!!! My hair is now to my shoulders and is being grown for locks of love!

it's time to bump again -as we enter the Thanksgiving period of the year,,,,

I was having a pretty yucky day when I found a thread that lead to this thread....

I needed this thread today....so bumping for those who need it too!

My story is nothing compared to some of these, but it was still nice
We were at DTD on our last evening and I was worrying about getting back to the room to pack and get ready to go home.
DS noticed a sign for a dance party that was being held later that evening. I hated telling him no, but we really needed to get back to the room, etc. By this point he is in tears (I know, bad mom). We were sitting on a bench waiting for DH to finish checking out at WoD and I am trying to console DS. At this point a manager-looking CM walks by and sees us. He stops, doubles back to where we are and tries talking to Sam. Sam wants no part of talking to anyone when he is upset, so the CM turns to me and asks 'who is his favorite character' I tell him Mickey, and the CM pulls a cute Mickey pin off his lanyard and gives it to Sam. I thanked him and Sam just kinda smiled. But after the CM walked away, the tears started to fade and he realized what had happened....'wow, mommy that man was really nice. Do you think Tink made him give me that pin?'

Oh....when DH came out of WoD he relented and we ended up staying for part of the dance party.

this past June we were at MK with our grandaughters, children and families and brothers family - my middle grandaughter had her birthday during our stay (turned 8)...she is very fearful of fireworks our 1st night at MK we "hid" in a shop during wishes, the next night we were at MK, again, she was pulling me to stay in the store with her - but I was trying to convince her that I did not want to miss it again, wanted to get pictures (everyone else was already out and in a spot to view), as I was getting frustrated with it, a very nice CM in this frontiertown shop came over and asked if she was afraid of fireworks - she nodded, so the CM proceeds to convince her to watch it from the porch of the shop with her and she would hold her and talk her through the story....she did, which was so nice of her, but also during their conversations during wishes, she found out it was DGD's birthday...well....she not only had the whole place sing to her and give her a certificate of the magical moment - she took her to the outside booth of leather wrist bands - let her pick out any one she wanted, showed her how they personalize it on the computer and let her do her own, let her pick out several charms of charachters to attach to it and gave it to her for her birthday! I was in tears, for there is a whole story behind it, where this GD's parents were not with us because of a separation, and this GD was not going to have a birthday party as usual, though we promised we would have a "party" for her at DW (and we did a tea at the GF) also it had been a very unhappy year for her in school socially as well - so this was so wonderful for her and she wears that wristband alot!

mmause, I wanted to say that your story really got me choked up, it was so beautiful!

Jules

I have been crying for two days(possible medical issues with DS5). Anyway, I stumbled across this thread this morning and now I have been crying happy tears.

My stories are nothing compared to the ones posted, but they put a smile on my face.

DD and I were making a roller coaster at Disney Quest. We then rode the roller coaster she made...we went every direction and she could not quit laughing. When we got off, the CM gave her a magical moments certificate and told her that Mickey watched her ride the ride and he thought she was the most excited rider of the day. It was great.

Another trip DS4 at the time took a pen from a gift shop in Epcot. We were outside when I noticed a lid on the pen (the one we had did not have one). I told him that he could not take things from a store and we needed to go give it back. The CM asked them if they had pens (I had DS2 with me at the time as well). I assured her that they did, but she insisted on giving them each a new pen for their autographs. It was so sweet.

DS10 was trading pins with a CM. DS couldn't decide between 2 pins on CM's lanyard and when he did, CM gave DS both pins. DS tried to offer another pin and CM wouldn't accept.

Second time at DW when DS12 was only 2, we were looking for Donald Duck. At that time, he wasn't around too much. I had no idea that DH talked to CM, but two weeks later, there was a personalized autographed and framed 8x10 of Donald that DS still has in his room today.

It is wonderful how people can do something they think is so little that will stick with us forever:) We are going in December and can't wait to see pixie dust spread:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter