Duffy has the Pixie Dust! July 2012 TR (9/5 Update)

That hand stand is very impressive. :thumbsup2

What a beautiful day. Was it super hot? Just gorgeous skies!!!

Handstands at the bus stop - fun! :)

Sleepy bus driver - definitely not good. :sad2:

Brooklynn would stay in the aquarium area of Nemo for hours, if she could. :fish:

No Beverly picture - from you guys or an unsuspecting Brazilian teenager? :laughing:

Yay on not taking a bag! I am just looking forward to our first non-stroller trip! :rotfl:

That is crazy about that driver - I wonder what was up with that? Even though it was 2am, I'm sure he hadn't been driving since 8am that morning. Yikes! :eek:

DD saw your pics and said "When are we going to Epcot? I wanna go to Epcot TODAY!" Me, too, sister...

Your food shots are making me hungry - I gotta go make breakfast. :rolleyes:

Would love to go without a bag, but I am always so scared I will miss something that I normally bring. I really only use my camera, but would hate to just carry it all day. You will have to tell me what if anything you brought with you.

Great morning at Epcot! We spent quite a bit of time in The Seas during our last trip one of the days that the rain just wouldn't stop....glad it didn't cause it made me remember how great this place is!

That hand stand is very impressive. :thumbsup2

What a beautiful day. Was it super hot? Just gorgeous skies!!!

It wasn't any hotter than in PA. The sun is just a little stronger than we are used to. The weather was typically lovely!

Handstands at the bus stop - fun! :)

Sleepy bus driver - definitely not good. :sad2:

Brooklynn would stay in the aquarium area of Nemo for hours, if she could. :fish:

No Beverly picture - from you guys or an unsuspecting Brazilian teenager? :laughing:

I have Beverly info coming up in another visit to Club Cool!

I think we could start a handstand photo collection. I took handstand on the beach shots....

Yay on not taking a bag! I am just looking forward to our first non-stroller trip! :rotfl:

That is crazy about that driver - I wonder what was up with that? Even though it was 2am, I'm sure he hadn't been driving since 8am that morning. Yikes! :eek:

DD saw your pics and said "When are we going to Epcot? I wanna go to Epcot TODAY!" Me, too, sister...

Your food shots are making me hungry - I gotta go make breakfast. :rolleyes:

That is a bad part about looking at WDW photos...I often wish I could transport myself!

I didn't do so great with food pics- I am always forgeting and then stopping my family mid-bite... haha

The stroller free days will come soon enough, but with them may come some sassiness, so maybe the stroller isn't so bad. :lmao::lmao:

Would love to go without a bag, but I am always so scared I will miss something that I normally bring. I really only use my camera, but would hate to just carry it all day. You will have to tell me what if anything you brought with you.

I used to carry a bag (small Vera backpack) with ponchos, sunscreen, band-aids, my phone, a sweater. I'd put my camera in the bag too. This trip, I put my iphone in my pocket. I wore our cards on a lanyard (I've done this for a couple of years) and I wore my camera (DLSR).

What are you afraid you'd need? Because the other option is to have a wristlet (I have a Vera) and have dh put it in his pocket to go in. This is I suppose a way around the rules? It cracks me up that if it's in your pocket it doesn't matter, but in your hand it has to be checked.

Great morning at Epcot! We spent quite a bit of time in The Seas during our last trip one of the days that the rain just wouldn't stop....glad it didn't cause it made me remember how great this place is!

It is a cool place. We would have spent more time here, but the girls were getting (as Beth says) hangry. I love that the rain in WDW allows us to do other aspects that we wouldn't otherwise!

Hi! We took a little trip to the beach, so I didn't have time to update.

waiting-for-a-wave-L.jpg

Back to Disney:

After lunch, we headed back to the Land to do our Behind the Seeds tour. We checked in and met the others in our group (just us and one other family). It turned out that my dh went to high school with the woman in the other group..."It's a small, small world." They graduated with 500 people so they didn't know one another, but it was funny. (It was odd that she thought the school's mascot was something other than what it was too, but that was another story. How do you forget your school mascot?) The family was very into the tour like we were.

We really enjoyed the tour. We learned about hydroponics and I was so excited to come home to start a garden. (I need to get busy on that project - the enthusiam isn't as high now that I am home with other tasks to tend to. haha.)

i-3hQGGCC-M.jpg

i-rxXPwZm-M.jpg

i-2zs6hqB-M.jpg

i-qbwR7nM-M.jpg

i-7QvCT2N-M.jpg

i-PRsDMh2-M.jpg

i-9xGxJ3s-M.jpg

i-65T7z9h-M.jpg
I have to comment here: This was a weed called a sensitive plant. When you touched it, it closed. I think it was one of the coolest parts of the tour.

i-h5vGc7Q-M.jpg

i-bnd74mm-M.jpg

i-KDpPxbZ-M.jpg

i-j8ppv6c-M.jpg

i-568b6Zg-M.jpg

i-Z4XbGG7-M.jpg

i-xZJWw7m-M.jpg

i-c96tzTx-M.jpg

i-6XQHdHg-M.jpg

i-cHvk6nv-M.jpg

i-2gzRqpF-M.jpg

i-FjhFzF6-M.jpg

i-KwLGqJK-M.jpg
Feeding frenzy- everyone was allowed to feed the fish.

At the beginning of the tour, we were given ladybugs that were stored at low temps to keep them dormant. They warmed up as the tour continued and we were able to put them on bannana plants.

i-BdpqS9w-M.jpg

i-Wmznnrv-M.jpg

Tara, our CM, was fabulous!
i-bsnvjRR-L.jpg

A rare picture of me (I quick gave dh the camera) in front of a Mickey topiary!

i-qb7wrjX-M.jpg

i-D9HMSb2-M.jpg

After our tour, we rode Soarin and then headed to Spaceship Earth. Dh decided German would be a fun language to select. (I took it in high school and can ask to use the restroom...he took it in high school and college. We could figure out some of the choices, but listening to the spiel that way was ridiculous. Still shaking my head over my dh's silliness.

We headed out to rest before our evening at Hollywood Studios.

Great update! I really need to book this tour for our next trip. It is a favorite ride for our whole family!

We had this tour on our agenda for the summer trip, but the tropical storm trouble put us behind on doing other things, so we never did fit it in. I have read about it, but yours are the first full tour pictures I have seen. Now I know it is an absolute must do for us. Brooklynn would totally be into the lady bugs, fish, and gators part of it. Thanks so much for sharing. I am going to tell Jill about your pictures.

Great update! I really need to book this tour for our next trip. It is a favorite ride for our whole family!

It is a great tour for a great price!

What a great tour! Love all the pictures.
thanks! it was a cool tour.

We had this tour on our agenda for the summer trip, but the tropical storm trouble put us behind on doing other things, so we never did fit it in. I have read about it, but yours are the first full tour pictures I have seen. Now I know it is an absolute must do for us. Brooklynn would totally be into the lady bugs, fish, and gators part of it. Thanks so much for sharing. I am going to tell Jill about your pictures.

It was a great tour packed with information. It might be a special treat for Brooklynn to have some Memom/ mommy time on the next trip.

We just booked Behind the Seeds for our November trip! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Hello! The girls had a tournament last weekend (They won second place!!!)

i-5vGZrxK-M.jpg

i-k2jPBqz-M.jpg

It's been a bit busy. School started for us teachers on Monday, and my part time (unpaid) job of team administrator takes away my time. I have to commit to update this tr more regularly!

After the tour, we used our Soarin fastpasses. The CMs were really being challenged. It was so busy (as usual) and this one group of two million...okay maybe 12...didn't include their 3year old in the people count. So when they each needed a glider, we had a problem. Then the CM had to seperate one man to another hanger. We loaded that hanger with him and when we entered, he tried to get back with his group...ugh.

Next up was Spaceship Earth. I think it was this time on the ride that dh selected German for our overview. My dh is too funny. (I feel like I typed about this already?)

We headed out of the park I went for a run, dh a workout and the girls a swim. Dh and I were able to balance this that I went first while he hung a pool with kids. Then, he would work out and I'd hang at pool.

We headed to HS for dinner at Prime Time.
i-3hmg9bc-M.jpg

Our girls we a bit hangry at this point, but the waitress came over and without any issue straightened them right out. (I don't know if she knew they were not chipper little ones, they weren't outwardly acting badly...) Dh wanted the waitress to come home with us for our daily dinners!

Dh and I enjoyed the decor. Many of the items were in dh's mom's kitchen. (Dh and I started dating 25 years ago, so I was as familiar with his mom's kitchen as my own. She died from cancer three days after our wedding, so it was nice to reminisce.)

i-CvQP5jn-M.jpg

i-psS9GSk-M.jpg

I didn't take any food pictures? sorry.

Next, we went to Star Tours. Only a 20 minute wait. We had a giant tour group with us. It was the best ride on the attraction we had witnessed (minus the tour group.)

i-x7dwXPR-L.jpg

Stopped and did Muppet Vision for dh. The girls are just starting to appreciate this...

i-MXGbGDN-M.jpg

i-THnbVCM-M.jpg

i-FWZgZvS-M.jpg

i-5wCfbp6-L.jpg

We walked the Streets of America...

i-KP9KKnJ-M.jpg

i-LnGfDKQ-M.jpg

i-QXSBTc7-L.jpg

i-Nm475J9-L.jpg

I think they've added more details to the windows.

i-5VnRfXG-L.jpg

On our way, I noticed that the gate is gone (I don't have the right term for this.) I was quite upset! I loved that detail!!!

July 2012
i-5HNWcNW-L.jpg

July 2010
945341587_6FXvR-L.jpg

945343107_rqDbp-L.jpg

Our last attraction is one that we all enjoy!

i-dK9H7jW-L.jpg
[/IMG]

We left at 11:11- back at AKL Jambo 11:29. It was just too crowded...

i-HFBmb9x-L.jpg

and we were too tired. Waits we're 45 when left. We had a great night!

Oh my goodness that is packed for so late!

I have never been to Prime Time.... no one in my family has even wanted to brave the cm's.

Oh my goodness that is packed for so late!

I have never been to Prime Time.... no one in my family has even wanted to brave the cm's.

It was very crowded! I think we found this to be the case for each night of EMH regardless of the park!

The CM's are much tamer I think than the past. She was great with us. She made the girls "set the table." A little boy near us was pushed around to become a member of different families. People renamed him. It was a hoot!

joining in. I so need to go to the Caramel Shop in Germany sometime, my mouth is watering looking at the yummy pics :lmao:

Day 3 - I can't believe I have so many more days to write about!
We woke at 7:49 and still made Hs rope drop!

It was another no bag check day! Woohoo!
Toy Story Mania
i-GhP8dhq-M.jpg

i-b2DG7Mg-M.jpg

i-HSRZTJn-M.jpg

Picked up a Toy story- 10:10 fp and headed to Rnr at 9:40 for a 20 min wait.

i-xhkBz6S-M.jpg

i-csmJnTX-M.jpg

i-XVt4hXH-M.jpg

i-GgZnSxV-M.jpg

i-qLhSBPF-M.jpg

i-tXfx5xn-M.jpg

i-Sg75Vhd-M.jpg

i-W9CPKDf-M.jpg

dh loves this ride; can you tell?
i-zSFhxnM-M.jpg

We headed to TOT with a ridiculous 50 min wait. I knew we would be cutting it close for our ts fp, but the times posted are always more than actual for us... Nope giant tour group jumped with their fp and the time was 70 minutes in the end! I posted about it on fb and my Disney friends said go try. I was going to because I think that we would have been fine, but we were hot and hungry...

Anyway I took the coolest picture in the queue for TOT! I had no idea about this detail!!!

i-QjpVq9H-L.jpg

i-bdBPTP8-L.jpg

i-XxTZs79-L.jpg

i-prpnX97-L.jpg

family- hands up- me gripping camera!

i-dMGfJmc-M.jpg

Lunch abc com- just burgers but everyone was happy and cool.

i-4NJBbnZ-M.jpg

Rnr 12:11 fp
i-N9RRD9x-M.jpg

Hit some shops, watched some Streetmosphere, and headed out...

i-Fz29DKX-L.jpg

dh's goal is to leave parks by close to noon many days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter