Dropping the hint?

DF and I are great communicators. I had opened up a conversation about an engagement over the summer. He promised we would "definately be getting married someday" and just said the time wasn't right. By fall of this year he began approaching me with conversations about getting engaged. He told me not to "take things the wrong way" but asked hypothetically how long of an engagement I would want, what kind of ring, waht kind of wedding, etc.

My sister got engaged for Christmas (DF just knew she would). DF was worried now about our engagement taking away from her special moment but he seemed antsy to do it. He seemed uncomfortable one evening and asked if I would please go with him to pick out an e-ring to be given at a later date. He had done ALOT of ring shopping previously as I discovered from one of his co-workers and the jewler who knew DF by his name. He showed me the ring he had designed and I said that would be just great (it was the act of being engaged not so much what my ring looked like that was important to me). It was two short weeks later when I was falling asleep that he asked and gave me the ring. He said he had planned on a public engagement but just thought the moment I was falling asleep was the right one.

Moral of the post (lenghty and wordy as it is) is: What has worked for our relationship is honesty and open communication and it got me exactly what I wanted! When it happens for you you'll be thinking more about your wedding day and spending the rest of your lives together and how much you love this man than you will about what your ring looks like. Your DB knows you well and will make you happy!

I shall be hoping for you!:thumbsup2

Jenny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter