Dresses in the parks.

PrettyFlower2

DIS Veteran
Finally decided on wearing breathable lightweight summer dresses in the parks with flip flops. My question is what (if anything) should I wear under them? I feel like only elementary school girls wear shorts under their dresses..lol But I kind of like the idea of not flashing the person behind me in space mountain. What do the women that wear dresses do? (sorry if this is a silly question):sad2:

To prevent thigh burn I always wear lightweight knit shorts under my dresses and skirts if I know I'm going to be walking that day.

I wore my regular bikini underwear last summer under skirts and dresses. How about the boy short type underwear? They offer a little fuller coverage.

I wear dresses EVERYday to the parks. :cool1: I just wear regular " undies " . My sun dresses are very lightweight and super comfy.They come down past my knees , so , there is not a worry of them going too far up. I have received so any compliments every time too . Wear whatever YOU feel most comfortable in --- the days are pretty long out there in those parks :rotfl2:

To prevent thigh burn I always wear lightweight knit shorts under my dresses and skirts if I know I'm going to be walking that day.

To prevent " thigh burn " there is a great product called Body Glide . It goes on like a stick deodorant . It is available at sporting goods stores for runners.

My DS's GF wore dresses to the parks several times when we were there in June. She wore one of her (what seemed like endless supply of) bikinis under her dress every day.

I wear dresses EVERYday to the parks. :cool1: I just wear regular " undies " . My sun dresses are very lightweight and super comfy.They come down past my knees , so , there is not a worry of them going too far up. I have received so any compliments every time too . Wear whatever YOU feel most comfortable in --- the days are pretty long out there in those parks :rotfl2:

I do exactly the same. I don't recall any instance where I flashed anyone. My dresses aren't past my knees but they are close to my knees and I haven't felt a need to wear shorts under them.

I always wear a pair of tight shorts or leggings under dresses. To be honest, it's because I'm not as aware of my legs as I should be and frequently sit down in unladylike positions without thinking. Or, I'm climbing in and out of something low and don't want to worry about accidental flashing. This way I know I'm covered.

These are the shorts I'm planning on wearing under my dresses on my upcomming trip: http://www.jockey.com/Catalog/Product/Skimmies-Slipshort

I usually don't wear any shorts or anything under my dresses, but they are all like ankle length and I am so used to wearing them that it's not really a problem. I know how they behave and am used to tucking them tightly under me so the skirts don't fly up, how to sit in them, etc.

If your dresses are shorter and you feel like you need to wear something under them, how about a pair of cute little bloomers? They're dressier and girlier than bike shorts, and I've seen a bunch of pretty ones with lace trim and such on etsy.

I always wear a pair of tight shorts or leggings under dresses. To be honest, it's because I'm not as aware of my legs as I should be and frequently sit down in unladylike positions without thinking. Or, I'm climbing in and out of something low and don't want to worry about accidental flashing. This way I know I'm covered.

These are the shorts I'm planning on wearing under my dresses on my upcomming trip: http://www.jockey.com/Catalog/Product/Skimmies-Slipshort

These ones are a good option. I wore almost exclusively dresses with shorts underneath. Mine were from victorias secrets VSX line that are seamless and shorter than the jockey pair because I wore shorter ish dresses. I suggest any sporting goods store. They sell seamless, breathable yoga shorts that are very thin, will not show through the dress and are comfy.

Finally decided on wearing breathable lightweight summer dresses in the parks with flip flops. My question is what (if anything) should I wear under them? I feel like only elementary school girls wear shorts under their dresses..lol But I kind of like the idea of not flashing the person behind me in space mountain. What do the women that wear dresses do? (sorry if this is a silly question):sad2:

I wear shorts under mine and I get ones with buttons on the back pocket so I can carry my cards with no worries of them falling out. I do this at home too. But I like the idea of spanks or short leggings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just speaking as the average guy behind you in line for Space Mountain...

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

Oh and by the way ... When you going?

AThrillingChase said:
These ones are a good option. I wore almost exclusively dresses with shorts underneath. Mine were from victorias secrets VSX line that are seamless and shorter than the jockey pair because I wore shorter ish dresses. I suggest any sporting goods store. They sell seamless, breathable yoga shorts that are very thin, will not show through the dress and are comfy.

I wear bicycle shorts too (unless the dress is past my knees, but I probably will anyway at WDW). I get Danskin Now from Walmart, and they also sell the short ones too.

I also wear dresses every day to the parks. _I_ wear Under Armor (body fitting) shorts underneath. They breathe nicely. I don't have to worry about chafing, etc., but I prefer to not risk being "exposed."

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I wear under armor style bike shorts under dresses/skirts. Mostly to avoid the forest fire my thighs would start from rubbing together all day. :lmao: Never wore a dress or skirt to the park though.

Noelle

I wear a lot of skirts/ dresses and always wear the "spankies" (think, cheerleaders) underneath! A pair of spandex bike shorts is the best idea, fits smoothly under everything too!

I started reading this thread wondering how long it would take for the first guy to give an opinion. I'm surprised it made it all the way to post #12. :lmao:

Too funny.:rotfl2:

Never been a woman, so pardon if this is a stupid question but if one is going to wear shorts under your dress (so nothing of significance shows) why wouldn't you just were the shorts and leave the dress home. Isn't that just another layer on a hot day. Sorry, makes no sense to me. Perhaps I can be enlightened. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter