Dresses in the parks.

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by PrettyFlower2, Aug 25, 2013.

1. kansasdisneygal

kansasdisneygal Mouseketeer

I love wearing dresses in the parks! I wore those tight Nike shorts underneath... They're like spanks but have a breathable material. So much cooler to wear dresses. I was thankful to have the shorts on when I got on Space Mountain. I would have been fine without shorts on all other rides. Body Glide is good too as PP have said.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scrappinannie

scrappinannie Mouseketeer

I stole a pair of old time "bike shorts" from DH and have claimed them as my own to wear under dresses knee length or shorter. It helps a lot with the thigh "rubbage" I so despise. I would love to go commando as I think that would be most comfortable, but for those of us with skin that wants to rub and then stick in 100 degree heat, gotta find a happy medium.;)

4. AThrillingChase

AThrillingChase DIS Veteran

It is just more comfortable. The shorts being recommended here, are probably not appropriate to walk around in all day by themselves. Generally thin material, tight. They are mostly used when exercising, not when running around all day with toddlers :scared1: It is much more airy and comfortable to wear thin shorts with a flowy dress over, than thick jean shorts. Comfort wise, probably comparable to...men's boxer shorts

5. AThrillingChase

AThrillingChase DIS Veteran

I noticed this in May. Space Mountain is seriously the worst dress wearing coaster ever invented! :lmao:

6. ahsquared

ahsquared Mouseketeer

Like another said bicycle shorts being worn as regular shorts is like a guy wearing a speedo as regular shorts... Scary and not appropriate for Disney.

7. CarrieR

CarrieR DIS Veteran

I prefer dress + body glide, or shorts. I personally feel like dress + shorts loses the dress-breeze advantage, lol. I carry the body glide in my park bag to reapply as necessary (after a VERY bad experience at AK once... lmao.)

I will not wear a dress on my Space Mountain day, and I have to be conscious to not put my hands up on ToT if I am in a dress. LOL!!

8. glamfish500

glamfish500 Earning My Ears

I second the Jockey Skimmies. They don't feel like another layer at all, you can barely tell they're there but you don't chafe or flash anyone. I wear them under dresses even when we're not in the parks.

9. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm DIS Veteran

This is me too. I always wear shorts under my dresses, Disney or not and up until last year I didnt own a normal pair of shorts, I wore a dress or skirt all summer long.

:rotfl2:

Yup thats it. That is a good way to put it. I dont wear panties under my shorts, so they are kinda like boxers, or more specifically those boxer brief things guys can buy. You dont wear them by themselves do ya? :laughing: But it is cooler to have those thin shorts and a skirt than undies and heavier shorts for me and it makes me a bit girly, which I like princess:

10. ShayBells

ShayBells Ding-a-ling-a-ling

Too me at least it's more comfortable. I don't do it to hide anything for me it's basically like wearing a long tank top. It's more comfortable and I need the shorts for the pockets. I am not a purse carrying person.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

If you feel your normal undies are not enough, but shorts are too much, try athletic shorts.

Underarmour
    Nike Pros

Target also has a decent selection.

Honestly, I wear them under some of my tighter fitting sweatpants (lounge wear or whatever they call it these days) as I don't like panty lines and they also give a layer of support. :-)

12. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

So you are wearing very short dresses, like mini dresses? Otherwise if it is a knee length or longer dress you are pulling it up to your waist to get into the pockets of your shorts? I think that is what he is visualizing, a maxi dress with shorts. Some shorts are bulkier than others.

13. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

Spandex shorts as regular shorts IS the trend in Florida. Also high waisted jean shorts with a bikini cut. I don't like the jean short look and we kept seeing this over and over at BG last week. My daughter and her friends do wear Nike Pro's EVERYWHERE. To Disney, to the mall, cruise ships, etc. The girls in Florida live in them (Cheerleaders, softball players, vollleyball players, etc.) I think girls who are not even on a sports team are starting to wear them too. I know Justice started carrying their own version.

14. Snooks23

Snooks23 Mouseketeer

I bought some black fila bike shorts from Kohls. They were amazing. So comfortable. I love them.

15. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I've wondered about wearing dresses. Why do some of your wear both shorts and dresses though? Couldn't you just wear the shorts? (And I don't mean the spandex things!)

I'm curious because I might want to wear a summer dress myself sometime.

16. Surfinpiratee

Surfinpiratee DIS Veteran

Hahaha this cracked me up

17. ArielSparrow

ArielSparrow From Fins to Fila

I wear dresses because they are cute. I wear shorts for modesty. Call me old fashioned.

18. ashley23

ashley23 Party girl

I always wear dresses, and rarely wear underwear, and I don't think I've ever flashed anyone in the Space Mountain line. At what point is this a concern?

19. o0quirkygirl0o

o0quirkygirl0o just a little mischievous

Wait... you wear dresses and go commando? That's actually a sanitary issue on rides.

20. MataHari22

MataHari22 Mouseketeer

I recently had two female type surgeries in three weeks, and cannot wear anything tight, so I have been wearing skirts and dresss with men's boxer shorts. You cannot imagine how comfy and cool it is compared to anything else. I'm not sure I will want to go back to my Victorias Secret stuff again. :rotfl2: I am thinking of bringing a skirt and dress with me to wear in the parks. Also have baggier shorts. Had to get men's 28" waist shorts to have room in the rise for me. Going to try and wear the shorts around home, and see if they bother me, and if I should just stick to my skirts and dresses instead. So comfy.

21. ashley23

ashley23 Party girl

How are you riding rides? I think you are doing it wrong.