DREAMS really do come true! 1/30 4-day Cruise Report with Tons of Photos! Video done!

The spa looks fantastic! Cass, I can't believe how many amazing pictures you got. You're amazing!

Do you think that I could pass for a teenager and get into Vibe? :rotfl2: That place looks amazing. I would love to go in there! Those bean bag chairs look so inviting. Disney really does think of everything! Kids who get to go on this cruise have no idea how lucky they are! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much again for the amazing Vinyls and all the work you had to go through to get them. :cloud9: They were so unexpected, but totally appreciated! And you have really renewed my love of collecting them too! You're the best and I am so lucky to have you in my life!:hug::love::hug:

I'm the lucky one :hug:

My Derek will go :dance3: when he sees these pics, Cass! And Emily will be upset that she will be 18 and too old, but yet too young for grown up fun, too. Well, at least she will be allowed in the grown up areas, and that will be fun. She's a fun loving nutty girl.

I have to admit I am a bit worried about The Edge Tween Club. I hope there are a lot of activites that involve sports, as my Alex (DS11) is not a "social network" type of tween. He is still a boy--not even close to all the social aspects of tween/teen life. And while I think it's good that they will have video games, I have to say that that is something he can do at home--and does. Now maybe if the video games are involed in tournaments or some such organized activity that would be better. There are lots of boys on our 6/12/11 cruise who are his age, so I imagine there will be at least one with his same interests; luckily he is not shy. I don't know--a mom has to worry, eh?

Thanks for all the great pics of the spa, too. Did they give y'all a list of services with prices in your stateroom? I'd love to do something, but obviously that would depend upon cost.

You are a doll for doing such a wonderfully detailed report for us, Cass!:hug:

I wish I knew more about the tween club but when I was doing my rounds, they were closed so not only could I not get some photos, I couldn't talk to the CM's. They were busy with the kids when I finally got there. And since they have their own Navigators, I have no idea what they do during the week :sad2:

I did not see or receive a price lists of spa services anywhere, perhaps they were at the front desk but when I did my tour, the desk were super busy so I just stayed away.

20110130_1976.jpg

Do you recall if this was in the Rainforest area?

Seeing those Spa Villas are really tempting me to book a couples thing again. I had talked myself out of it (due to the price), but it looks soooooo relaxing!!

Yes, that was in the Rainforest Room. I heard as I was passing by that they charged extra for those but I didn't hear or see a price. They did such a great job with the spa villas!! :worship:

Great pictures Cass! I am ready for the rainforrest room! Love all the light and windows in the spa. Did you happen to notice the hours for the fitness center? I like to venture there when everyone else is sleeping or taking pictures on the deck. :rolleyes1

I think it was open 6am until 10pm except for embarkation day :thumbsup2

20110130_1753.jpg

iPod dock? :confused3

Yuppers ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pictures of the teen club.

You're welcome :goodvibes

Thank you sooo much for the amazing photos and trip report! I am taking my first cruise in March and I've got a million questions in my mind but your report is answering almost all of them haha. I am curious about one thing though: the spa picture of all the jars and bowls with what looks like soap in them -what is that for? Thank you again! :goodvibes

The spa looks so nice. But I am not a spa kind of girl either. I actually have no clue what you do or get done in there besides a massage, haircut, or manicure!

I heard as I was passing by that they charged extra for those but I didn't hear or see a price.

Of course they do! :laughing: I wonder how much? I may just have to stop in at Basin before the cruise. :thumbsup2

Awesome! Thanks! I really like the lockers in Vibe. Great for my teens who can't be parted from their iPods, but obviously they can't take them in the pool. They'll also be able to take a backpack down with a bathing suit or a change of clothes so they can swim and hang without having to come back to the room and change. Nice planning! :thumbsup2

Wish they had lockers up on deck for the adults/families. That would have the possibility of freeing up some loungers that are just being used to hold "stuff" while someone swims.

The waiting area in the spa is lovely. Wonder if I could sneak in, sit in a corner and read my book! :lmao: Or at least show up, oh, a couple of hours early for a treatment! :thumbsup2

This is a wonderful report! Love all the details! My hubby is dying to take a cruise but I am worried about how our DS (will be 2 at the time) would like it? Also, can you feel the boat move much? I am worried about motion sickness also.

Thank you sooo much for the amazing photos and trip report! I am taking my first cruise in March and I've got a million questions in my mind but your report is answering almost all of them haha. I am curious about one thing though: the spa picture of all the jars and bowls with what looks like soap in them -what is that for? Thank you again! :goodvibes

The jars in the back are like body scrubs....and I think you just add whatever you want from the front row :thumbsup2

The spa looks so nice. But I am not a spa kind of girl either. I actually have no clue what you do or get done in there besides a massage, haircut, or manicure!

Hmmm they offered facials, body wraps, teeth whitening among other things. The RR is for relaxation :cloud9: or to avoid your kids :lmao:

Awesome! Thanks! I really like the lockers in Vibe. Great for my teens who can't be parted from their iPods, but obviously they can't take them in the pool. They'll also be able to take a backpack down with a bathing suit or a change of clothes so they can swim and hang without having to come back to the room and change. Nice planning! :thumbsup2

Wish they had lockers up on deck for the adults/families. That would have the possibility of freeing up some loungers that are just being used to hold "stuff" while someone swims.

Very good planning indeedy :goodvibes

The waiting area in the spa is lovely. Wonder if I could sneak in, sit in a corner and read my book! :lmao: Or at least show up, oh, a couple of hours early for a treatment! :thumbsup2

I'm sure you could :cool1:

Wow....by far the best review I have ever read! Thank you!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Wow, I love all these pictures! Thanks for posting! 251 more days until I'm there!

You're welcome! ;)

This is a wonderful report! Love all the details! My hubby is dying to take a cruise but I am worried about how our DS (will be 2 at the time) would like it? Also, can you feel the boat move much? I am worried about motion sickness also.

Our daughter was 10 months on her first cruise and a month shy of her third birthday on her second cruise. She LOVED the nursery both times!!! ::yes:: Personally, I hardly even noticed any motion at all on the Dream compared to the Magic ;)

I have to say that you have made our upcoming cruise so much more to look forward too! You've shown us so much of the ship that I cannot wait to see it for myself. Thanks again!

The District (AKA, Adult Clubs)

I actually didn't get many photos here....I thought I had gotten more but I guess it was just video I took. Didn't even take photos of Pink because when I took these pics, it was closed and I couldn't get in.

I don't drink so the only one that really appealed to me was Evolution because that's where they held the adult cabaret show (the always amazing Jeff Civillico) and other than walking through them, I never spent time at the other bars/lounges. However, if I was a drinker, this would be the place I would be!!! I especially enjoyed Skyline and Pink was cozy and cute too!

I loved walking by The District Lounge just because of all the cool lights LOL!

Also, you HAVE to see the bathrooms here!! The stalls are rounded and there are mirrors on the ceilings :lmao:

Here's some pics....

687 (which is the Dream's ship number while at Meyer Werft Shipyard)

20110131_1359.jpg

20110131_1360.jpg

20110131_1361.jpg

Skyline

20110131_1367.jpg

20110131_1363.jpg

Loved the "fireplace"

20110131_1364.jpg

20110131_1365.jpg

20110131_1366.jpg

Evolution

20110131_1371.jpg

20110131_1372.jpg

20110131_1369.jpg

20110131_1368.jpg

District Lounge

20110131_1373.jpg

20110131_1374.jpg

20110201_1023.jpg

20110201_1024.jpg

The bathrooms

20110131_1370.jpg

20110201_1015.jpg

20110201_1016.jpg

20110201_1017.jpg

20110201_1018.jpg

OK, well that's it! I know!! I am not impressed with myself at all :rotfl2:

I have to say that you have made our upcoming cruise so much more to look forward too! You've shown us so much of the ship that I cannot wait to see it for myself. Thanks again!

Hope I didn't spoil it too much for ya :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter