• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Trip report link!

Great updated! Sounds like Italy was a great relaxing vacation for you both! That ice cream looks sooooo yummy!

It's nice to get away like that.
I am really loving the beach and pier shots. I could see framing some of those. :thumbsup2
And of course I have not had breakfast yet, so it looks delicious!!!!

Karin,
I read all the threads I am subscribed to before going to bed last night. I get home after working an 8 hour shift at the hospital and find that you have been an updating machine. Loved all the pastries and the beautiful pictures as you returned to Austria. Your country is just beautiful.

Oh my so many DELICIOUS updates! Tom's pasta looks amazing. Even though it has a lot of oil, I would have devoured every last drop :cloud9: Same with the icecream. Putting espresso over a scoop of ice cream sounds absolutely magnificent.

Love the drive home. So beautiful!

Okay ........... here we go again. Another week with no DIS time (ups, forgot to mention that my weekend has officially begun. :rotfl2: Tomorrow is a holiday and Friday is a window day - so NO school!! :cool1:).

But I do have an excuse other than school. ;)

WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!

NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE INVITED TO THE PREVIEW OF THE NEW RATATOUILLE RIDE AT DLP!

Let me start at the beginning.
On Saturday I was checking my email and found an invitation to the Ratatouille Preview in my inbox. Tom was in the shower, so why not check the dates and play with accommodation and flights. :scared: Yip, there are flights at the perfect time, 6pm on Friday, which would give us ample time after work to catch our breath before heading out. Room - yes, the Kyriad has one left and it's a good price too.
So once Tom got out of the shower I asked if he wanted to go to Paris for the next weekend.
Yes, why not?
Then he realized I was serious. :lmao: But once I had filled him in on the details he was all for it.
So I quickly grabbed the hotel room (can be cancelled easily again), but since I was not too sure about the whole invitation thing I told Tom that I would wait with booking the flights until I had called Disney about how the sign up process really worked (the email was in French).
So, when I got home, I called Disney, a) to find out about the sign up and b) if there was any chance we could snatch an onsite room with a discount.
Okay, here is where we got a REAL reality check. I talked to a very nice lady, but what she told me shattered our plans.
Per email (and we had only gotten one) only one person could sign up for the preview. So, that meant that either Tom or myself would be able to take part. She even transferred me to a supervisor, but same answer.
I was floored, called Tom and we decided to forget about the whole thing. But somehow I just needed to let them know that I was not a happy bunny, so I wrote to the French annual pass bureau and let them know about my disappointment.
I hadn't heard back from them by yesterday noon, so I cancelled the hotel room. By 2pm I HAD and answer. What the supervisor had told me on the phone was incorrect and everyone with an annual pass "Dream" could sign up. Should we still consider taking part, all they needed would be the numbers of our APs and what day we would like to do the preview.
I wrote back as soon as I could, letting them know, but I had cancelled my hotel a few hours before. Needless to say it was gone! So I grabbed another one which looked nice, then checked flights. Needless to say the ones we had had in mind were gone too (I wanted to use airmiles). But we did make a decision.
Next week, the day of the flight, Tom will start work two hours early and run as fast as he can. Once I am done I will head to my car as fast as I can and drive home, we'll change cars and head to the airport - our new flight now leaves at 3pm (I work until 1 and it's half an hour's drive to where we live and another 25 minutes to the airport). We should be cutting it close, but it is doable.
So, after flights were booked (I LOVE my airmiles and flying for free when the regular flights cost around 1000 Euros for the two of us.)
Only now did I start researching our hotel and found out that I was not really happy with it.
I called Disney about onsite hotels, but their rates are crazy high, even with an AP discount. So while studying google earth I came across another hotel, the same brand as the one we usually stay at. And it was a decent rate, so now we are staying very close to the Val d' Europe shopping center in a lovely suite hotel for two nights.

We'll arrive in Paris shortly after 6pm, then pick up a rental and head to our hotel. Do some shopping and call it an early night as Tom will have had to get up at 3am that day.

On Saturday, our only full day we will explore Disneyland Park in the morning, then change to Walt Disney Studios for the preview and after a short break back to Disneyland Park for Disney Dreams, the laser, water and fireworks show.

On Sunday, after breakfast, we'll check out and spend as much time as possible in Disneyland Park, before it will be time to head home again.

Short, but sweet and we cannot wait!!!!!!!

How fun! I love spontaneous trips! Glad everything worked out and you are able to go.

Jill in CO

How fun! I love spontaneous trips! Glad everything worked out and you are able to go.

Jill in CO

Thanks, Jill! We are both so excited to go and ride the ride before it officially opens. :cool1:
We did the same when there was a preview for ToT. Got back from a WDW trip Sunday night, found the invitiation and were booked and ready to go the following day. :thumbsup2

How exciting for you and Tom, Karin! :cool1: The timing is just right for you to go, and you get to preview a new ride!!!!

Loved your scenery pics in the Italy trip! And for some reason, I can't get those pastries off my mind. I have to try, because I have gained 9 lbs. in the past 6 months. :upsidedow

Great updated! Sounds like Italy was a great relaxing vacation for you both! That ice cream looks sooooo yummy!

It usually IS a very laid back vacation. We go there to get away from all the work related stress and just take it really easy.
Oh, and the ice cream WAS very yummy!!! :thumbsup2

It's nice to get away like that.
I am really loving the beach and pier shots. I could see framing some of those. :thumbsup2
And of course I have not had breakfast yet, so it looks delicious!!!!

It is awesome, just a five hour drive and you have a complete change of scenery.
Sorry for making you hungry again ...... but you should know me and my TRs by now. :rotfl2:

Great conclusion to Italy vacation !!! The food all looked yummy as always !!!

Thank you, Rosie! And I can promise you, food was as yummy as it looks here. :goodvibes

Karin,
I read all the threads I am subscribed to before going to bed last night. I get home after working an 8 hour shift at the hospital and find that you have been an updating machine. Loved all the pastries and the beautiful pictures as you returned to Austria. Your country is just beautiful.

I really need to finish those "extra" TRs. We are leaving for another BIG trip in just a little under 5 weeks.
Not sure if I will be able to finish them all, but I am trying. ;)
The drive through the Alps is really breathtaking. It is much more spectacular when you see it for real, the photos do not do it justice.
On the other hand, the area where we live has lots of rolling hills and I actually stopped my car a few days ago to take in the view. It was awesome with a rainbow above it. :goodvibes

Spoileralarm!!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:thumbsup2

Oh my so many DELICIOUS updates! Tom's pasta looks amazing. Even though it has a lot of oil, I would have devoured every last drop :cloud9: Same with the icecream. Putting espresso over a scoop of ice cream sounds absolutely magnificent.

Love the drive home. So beautiful!

OMG that pasta was to die for. Even though I would never have used that much garlic or oil, but the bite I had was really yummy.

How exciting for you and Tom, Karin! :cool1: The timing is just right for you to go, and you get to preview a new ride!!!!

Loved your scenery pics in the Italy trip! And for some reason, I can't get those pastries off my mind. I have to try, because I have gained 9 lbs. in the past 6 months. :upsidedow

I can't believe we pulled a second pre-view off. We went to DLP when they had a pre-view for ToT. Rode only that one ride for two days. It was so much fun and I cannot wait to ride this ride. We peeked over a fence to see the new "Paris" add on and it looked just so awesome.
I also hope to snag a table for a dinner at the new Remy restaurant for August when we go back after our cruise. :cloud9:

Karin, I'm too far behind to comment on everything, but I did read and am caught up (I know you know why I'm behind).

I love the rest of the Italy report.

How exciting that you are going to Paris next week to try out the new attraction. That is absolutel awesome. :thumbsup2

Karin, I'm too far behind to comment on everything, but I did read and am caught up (I know you know why I'm behind).

I love the rest of the Italy report.

How exciting that you are going to Paris next week to try out the new attraction. That is absolutel awesome. :thumbsup2

Thank you for coming by, Kathy. I know you have a lot of other things on your mind at the moment. :hug:

I cannot believe that we were in Italy 6 weeks ago. :scared1: But at least we have Paris to look forward to next weekend. :goodvibes Thank you for sharing our excitement.

Hi, Karin! Once again, trying to make my way back on the DIS to follow my favorite friends' PTR and TR's: yours, Kathy, Rosie and Pat. Slowly catching up!

Posted a few pics of Sophia on our very quick WDW trip for four nights early this month....had to stay offsite because we took the puppies with us...but we were so close that from pulling out of the driveway and parking at a Park was not more the 10 mins....and we took a back road that was mostly Disney property so it did not feel far at all. :)

Your Paris trip and Med Adventure are so close now! Can't wait to catch up!! xo

Hi, Karin! Once again, trying to make my way back on the DIS to follow my favorite friends' PTR and TR's: yours, Kathy, Rosie and Pat. Slowly catching up!

Posted a few pics of Sophia on our very quick WDW trip for four nights early this month....had to stay offsite because we took the puppies with us...but we were so close that from pulling out of the driveway and parking at a Park was not more the 10 mins....and we took a back road that was mostly Disney property so it did not feel far at all. :)

Your Paris trip and Med Adventure are so close now! Can't wait to catch up!! xo

Christine! :goodvibes
I am so glad to know that you are still reading. :love:

I did see some of the pics on FB, but somehow I cannot keep track easily there and I have been pretty busy myself with the end of the school year approaching in just two short weeks.
Where did you stay offsite - that seems like a pretty interesting place and I am always looking for good places to stay for the night when we arrive (it somehow does not make much sense to pay Disney prices OR use DVC points just to sleep and move on).

I still don't believe that we will be in Paris exactly one week from today. That trip really was "spontanious", but I cannot wait to get there again. :thumbsup2
And the Med is just 5 weeks away too! I did not do much research on it during the year and now I am constantly reading up on things. :rotfl2: Can't wait to get on the Magic. She is the only ship we have not sailed on yet. :thumbsup2

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 5

But we did not let it get to us and enjoyed the parade.

To be continued .....

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 6

Continuing on with the parade .....

Once it was over we walked up to Fantasyland, but lines were long and we just walked around a bit and checked out the stores.
Soon enough it got dark and we were on our way to the Town Square to watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony.

Crowds were light there and we easily found a spot to the side, but right in front of the tree.

To be continued .....

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 7

Crowds were light there and we easily found a spot to the side, but right in front of the tree.
The park lights went out and the music kicked in and then the tree started to sparkle and the lights danced with the music.

It was so magical and beautiful. Everyone was just staring at the tree in disbelief. A magical show indeed, one only Disney can do. It ended with snow on Main Street and When you wish upon a star and set the tone for the rest of the evening. Once it was all over we decided that we definitely wanted to watch the second tree lighting ceremony as well.
There was an hour until then and we thought about how to spend the time, and there was something we wanted to try that was only offered for one more day – the Christmas Counter Service Menu.

So, off we went

to the Café Hyperion. Luckily there was no line at all, so we ordered our menu and went up to the seating area to find a table. We had to climb quite high up to find a clean table, but finally we got lucky.
We sat down, took photos of our food

(and a room close to our table that was not desirable to look at)

and then tried our Christmas menu. There was a

Premium Angus Mushroom Burger, with bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Rocket Salad, accompanied by

Wafer Potatoes. To be honest, we were not impressed. The burger was dry, the rocket limp and the cheese looked like it had been under a heat lamp all day. We ate a few bites and shared the potatoes, which were crisp and tasty. Main tried, it was me who was in charge of tasting the dessert, the

2 chocolate cake. Now, that was a whole other ballgame.
The cake was moist and soft and the two chocolate mousse filling was delicious. Once we had finished our dinner we sat for a while discussing our vacation so far and were quite happy with what we had seen and done so far. About 10 minutes before the second tree lighting ceremony was about to start we headed out to Main Street again, found a great spot to watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony from another angle and waited for it to begin.

To be continued .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter