DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Trip report link!

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 8

About 10 minutes before the second tree lighting ceremony was about to start we headed out to Main Street again, found a great spot to watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony from another angle and waited for it to begin.

It was as impressive as the first time and even though it was way after Christmas it felt really like Christmas with snow and Christmas songs.
Tree Lighting over we walked towards the castle again, took a few pictures

and then contemplated what to do now.
We strolled over to Adventureland and found the Indiana Jones ride down, Big Thunder had a 70 minute wait, so we headed over to the Pirates of the Caribbean. And yippie, this is where we got lucky.

It only had a 10 minute wait posted, which was more like a 5 minute stroll onto the boat and off we went to meet the pirates.
After the ride we strolled over to Fantasyland,

but the line for Peter Pan was 50 minutes long, so we gave it a miss. SnowWhite had a line out the door, but the line for Pinocchio’s ride was only 10 minutes long. We got in line

and it was about a 10 minute wait.

There was a family with a young child who we let go in the front row seats and off we went. Once we reached the end the CM who was manning the exit asked if we all wanted to stay on for another round, but Tom opted not to, so we got off.
And after those two rides and a quest to find a certain hat for Tom we decided to try and find out if the short cut to Discoveryland was open. It was

so we took the short cut, checked out the store there, but no hat and came up with the idea of taking the train back to Main Street.
So we walked up to the train station to find a CM huddled into a little shelter. She let us know that the next train would be the last one out, but it would be a 15 minute wait.
We didn’t mind the wait and had the whole platform to ourselves,

checking it all out and taking photos.

I think the CM felt obliged to entertain us a bit and came over to chat. She was very nice, but had a heavy accent and we had a hard time understanding her.

To be continued .....

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 9

I think the CM felt obliged to entertain us a bit and came over to chat. She was very nice, but had a heavy accent and we had a hard time understanding her.
Finally the train came in

and we slipped her a few chocolates for all her efforts, which put tears in her eyes. We got onto the train and were surprised to find that the compartments had been upgraded with metal doors.
There were only a few more people on the train and even the driver came over to chat before we went on our way. We got off at Main Street station

and had just a little time left until it was time for Disney Dreams, their combined castle – fireworks – fountain show. There were loads of people waiting, but we were able to find a nice spot to watch the show. It started a few minutes later and it was absolutely incredible.

To be continued .....

Nice mega update.

The parade looks so cool. I really enjoy seeing pictures from the parades at the parks other than WDW. They are all done so well.

The tree lighting ceremony also looks so unique. I bet that was really enjoyable to watch. Just lovely and I'm sure pictures don't even begin to do it justice!

Hmmmm - I think its funny that they have a specially name Christmas meal.

Your pictures from the train platform are also really cool.

Nice mega update.

The parade looks so cool. I really enjoy seeing pictures from the parades at the parks other than WDW. They are all done so well.

The tree lighting ceremony also looks so unique. I bet that was really enjoyable to watch. Just lovely and I'm sure pictures don't even begin to do it justice!

Hmmmm - I think its funny that they have a specially name Christmas meal.

Your pictures from the train platform are also really cool.

I need to get those "extra" trip reports out of the way and since we are off to Paris again in just a week I'm trying to post as much of the January trip as possible. :rotfl2:

PLUS ..... I haven't even started posting the plans for our summer trip yet. And it is just 5 weeks away. :scared1:

Parades are just so fun to watch, whatever park they are in. And the tree lighting was really wonderful. And you are SO right, the photos don't do it justice at all. :wizard:

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 10

Castle show continued ......

To be continued .....

Day 3, January 5
Don’t you just love it, when things work out …….. - Part 11

Castle show continued ......

The castle show together with the dancing waters and the projections on the “water curtains” plus the fireworks were out of this world. We loved it and were so happy we had made the effort to go and see the show.
Once it was over we went with the flow

and were slowly but surely swept out of the park.
We walked through the World of Disney and the Disney Store to pick up a few more items and then headed towards our hotel. When we got up to our room

we were happy to hear that the water in the toilet was no longer running and even the door was closing. They had even left some chocolate coins on the bed to say they were sorry.

Well, the water was definitely fixed, but when we left the bathroom and tried to close the door again it kept opening up again and again.
Oh well, you cannot have it all and one thing fixed out of two is nice too. Our first priority was to get the packing done, so we put our suitcases on the beds and I quickly stowed as much as was possible the night before, in them. Suitcases out of the way, we emptied out our collapsible cooler

to finish off our provisions with some midnight snacking.
I think it was around midnight when we finally called it a day and went to bed.

To be continued .....

Karin, so much to comment on.

The parade looks like so much fun and so many different characters than I think I normally see at DW.

The Christmas Tree lighting looks so magical. Add snow in on Main Street and it's perfect.

Love the show at the end with the fireworks.

DLP, looks so beautiful at night and all lit up!
I am glad you made it there that evening so you could share all those beautiful pictures. Have fun on your next trip!

Karin, so much to comment on.

The parade looks like so much fun and so many different characters than I think I normally see at DW.

The Christmas Tree lighting looks so magical. Add snow in on Main Street and it's perfect.

Love the show at the end with the fireworks.

It's a nice parade, even though it has been the same for a LONG time. Don't get me wrong, they did alter the floats a bit, but the core of the parade has been the same for quite some time.

The Tree lighting was awesome. The photos do not do it justice. They had it timed to the music and it just got you in the mood for Christmas! :thumbsup2

Disney Dreams is the newest addition and it is really great. They did change it up a bit for Christmas, so that was a nice change.
We are planning on seeing it again on Saturday. I still can't believe we will be in Paris again in just 4 more short days.:yay:

DLP, looks so beautiful at night and all lit up!
I am glad you made it there that evening so you could share all those beautiful pictures. Have fun on your next trip!

It is really pretty and I just love the look of the castle. They used several European castles as an imagination and I think that makes it extra special.

Can you believe we are going back THIS weekend? We got our confirmation and times for the ride preview today and will be in Paris Friday night. pixiedust: It has now really started to sink in and we are both sooooooo excited. :thumbsup2

Wooohooo! So excited that you get to preview Ratatouille!:cool1::cool1: Can't wait to see the pictures on that!

Lots of fun updates! Too bad that burger wasn't as appetizing as it looks, but glad the chocolate cake made up for it!

I absolutely love the firework pictures. So cool to see different firework shows in different parks!

What a great way to end the night, with some nice beer:thumbsup2

Wooohooo! So excited that you get to preview Ratatouille!:cool1::cool1: Can't wait to see the pictures on that!

Lots of fun updates! Too bad that burger wasn't as appetizing as it looks, but glad the chocolate cake made up for it!

I absolutely love the firework pictures. So cool to see different firework shows in different parks!

What a great way to end the night, with some nice beer:thumbsup2

Thank you! We definitely ARE excited to see the new ride. They have been building a whole new section complete with Parisian neighbourhood and a NEW Remy restaurant (Chez Remy - I think) and we cannot wait to see it all. We did peek over a fence, but it will be awesome to see it for real this time.

Well, that was one really horrible burger. Given that the food at DLP is not all that good in the first place, it was WAY below a regular burger. :sad2:

Disney Dreams (the fireworks show) is absolutely awesome! It's like a mix of Fantasmic, the castle show (at WDW) and Wishes. And I loved that they had it tweaked a bit to make it really blend in with the seaon. :thumbsup2

I promise to take a lot of pics ..... oh, and maybe I can find something for Calvin again. ;)

Thank you! We definitely ARE excited to see the new ride. They have been building a whole new section complete with Parisian neighbourhood and a NEW Remy restaurant (Chez Remy - I think) and we cannot wait to see it all. We did peek over a fence, but it will be awesome to see it for real this time.

Well, that was one really horrible burger. Given that the food at DLP is not all that good in the first place, it was WAY below a regular burger. :sad2:

Disney Dreams (the fireworks show) is absolutely awesome! It's like a mix of Fantasmic, the castle show (at WDW) and Wishes. And I loved that they had it tweaked a bit to make it really blend in with the seaon. :thumbsup2

I promise to take a lot of pics ..... oh, and maybe I can find something for Calvin again. ;)

While giving Calvin a bath a few nights ago, I was telling him about how you're going to be able to go to a preview for the mini-land and how fun that would be, he started talking about traveling to Europe in general and entertaining the idea of visiting DLP. This is huge progress! If I would have mentioned DLP to him 5 years ago, it would have been a HUGE no. There is too much too see over there than waste a day at DLP was his reasoning. But now he's considering it. Not sure when, but hopefully sooner than later.:yay:

Will you be able to eat at the new restaurant?

And you're so sweet to think of Calvin, but you really don't have to do that. I'm just super excited to see all your pictures and hear about your experience!:cool1:

I have been thinking about DLP for a while, but now I REALLY want to go! I already have a huge travel wish list. I have no idea when or how I am going to manage to fit DLP in. :confused3

I can't wait to read your report on the new Ratatouille ride. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter