Dreaming of the Disney DREAM, Feb 17, 2013

Katerina
I would also love to see the navigators.

rbadger
Thanks for checking on the movies playing onboard. I plan to catch a few of these!

Thanks
Robin

Could you email me a copy? Wishing I could leave today for Florida and avoid the snowstorm that is coming.
Thanks!

DS, DH, and the Boy Scouts were supposed to go camping this weekend sleeping in "lean-tos". The Scout Master wasnt aware of the snow storm...I hope now that the moms made him aware, they'll change the plans...lol

Katerina
I would also love to see the navigators.

Thanks
Robin

I'll email these to your personal email address when I get home tonight. Just PM your email addr. Meanwhile, I will try to figure out how I may upload it to the FB page.

I was planning on doing the same...and possibly speaking the to the CM in Vibe the day prior to see if we can make it work.

Alex had a blast last year at Vibe and the Wild Teen Adventure...he's definitely not missing that...lol

At yesterday's track meet, he got a new personal best...mind you he's not a sprinter...he's a distance runner...his "thing" is cross country. After his injury in December, he speed declined...so this is good!

I guess we will do the same. It would be nice to know if the kids can't make the run and the wild side ahead of time just because we would not have to pack the running clothes,shoes!!
:yay::hourglass:woohoo:

I guess we will do the same. It would be nice to know if the kids can't make the run and the wild side ahead of time just because we would not have to pack the running clothes,shoes!!
:yay::hourglass:woohoo:

I know what you mean...I was trying to do the same...to pack or not to pack the running gear...lol

To the DVC'ers in our group staying in the world after our cruise.
Check your email for an offer to see a screening of Oz The Great and Powerful in Epcot on Saturday or Sunday (Feb 23 or 24).

Just signed up and there was still space available.

To the DVC'ers in our group staying in the world after our cruise.
Check your email for an offer to see a screening of Oz The Great and Powerful in Epcot on Saturday or Sunday (Feb 23 or 24).

Just signed up and there was still space available.

Hi Robin,

I never got your email addr to send you the navigators, but Natalie did post them on the FB page.

FYI - when I called to find out what movies will be playing during our cruise, they listed Oz the Great and Powerful there, too. This is the list that was given to me (slightly different from what was posted earlier so I am not sure which one is correct):

The Avengers
Brave (2D and 3D)
The Odd Life of Timothy Green
Finding Nemo 3D
Franken Weenie
Wreck-it-Ralph
Lincoln
Oz the Great and Powerful (release date March 8)

FYI - when I called to find out what movies will be playing during our cruise, they listed Oz the Great and Powerful there, too. This is the list that was given to me (slightly different from what was posted earlier so I am not sure which one is correct):

The Avengers
Brave (2D and 3D)
Finding Nemo 3D
Franken Weenie
Wreck-it-Ralph
Lincoln

That's for confirming. I'm certain (though I hope/wish) they wont have Oz since it's 3 weeks before its release date.

That's for confirming. I'm certain (though I hope/wish) they wont have Oz since it's 3 weeks before its release date.

Actually I have been told by several people that they often show movies that have not yet been released. I guess we will know for sure in about 9 days :) By the way, we reached the single digit mark!

Actually I have been told by several people that they often show movies that have not yet been released. I guess we will know for sure in about 9 days :) By the way, we reached the single digit mark!

Yes, I read the same in several different panels...Karin may know :)

YES!!! 9 Days 4 Hours!!!:cheer2:

Sorry I have been absent quite a bit, but we are going towards half term here and things are always pretty crazy then. ;)

I feel so stressed...I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board...
Between "office-work", "house work", kids' extra curricular activities, associations, and things that "just come up"...uuuggghhh
The only thing I have booked for DH and me is dinner at Remy...but right now I'm thinking of cancelling it.
I love the idea of a "nice dinner" on the Dream...however, right now I'm loving the idea of staying in my bathingsuit, shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops MORE. Maybe getting away and joining the Margarita Tasting, or Mixology, or Martini Tasting...I'm sure DH wouldn't mind it at all.

Who else just can't wait to get away from it all?!?!

:hourglass 11 Days!!!

Dania, I have no idea if you kept or cancelled your Remy booking, but have you thought about Remy lunch? It is really very nice, you can have a champagne pairing with it and some of the food is the same as at night. ;)

Not sure, what, if we will do any tastings, but if so, most likely a wine or champagne one. :thumbsup2

The Avengers
Brave (2D and 3D)
Finding Nemo 3D
Franken Weenie
Wreck-it-Ralph
Lincoln

Yes, I read the same in several different panels...Karin may know :)

YES!!! 9 Days 4 Hours!!!:cheer2:

I am NOT sure they will show that particular movie, but according to Christiaan, one of the cruise directors, they CAN show movies even before their release date. "Why, you ask? Because we own them." It became a running gag. :rotfl2:

Shoveling the 2 plus feet of snow is much easier knowing that we set sail in 9 days!!

So sorry to hear about your snow storm. Hope it won't interfere with anyone's travel plans (if someone is going to WDW ahead of time) and like you, we cannot wait to leave the cold weather here either. Nothing like a little fun in the sun. ;)

Stay safe until then!

Thanks for checking the movies..........elder daughter has been trying to get us to ignore the driving ban in MA and go to the movies to see it. I told her they're showing on the ship so now we can all relax:).

I can't believe it's really almost time. We booked more than a year out, and at the time it felt so "someday".....now it's next week. I got my clothes together today. It's kind of nice to be able to pack ahead of time. We always go to WDW in the summer so I'm doing laundry the night before to get ready, but taking summer clothes in February isn't like that.

Hello fellow voyagers,

Well this is my and DH's very first cruise ever. We celebrate 20 years in August and this is a celebration vacation.

We start off at Beach Club Villas on the 12th
Then on to OKW on the 15th
Then the Cruise, o'course, on the 17th

Here is the deal. We have NO clue what we are doing!!! :confused3

I am having a heck of a time deciding what to do when we get to Nassau. DH and I are not the 'tour-group' types. We like adventure but not into crowds. We are thinking about the Sandals Day Pass, play as we like, enjoy some food and drinks, etc. ... but.. should we save the $300 total it would cost us through Expedia and stay on board and play??? I am afraid we might not find enough to do if we stay on board. I am actually feeling a little anxious, please HELP!!! :scared1:

The only thing we have booked so far is Remy on Pirate night.

We plan on hanging at the adult beach and maybe renting some bikes at Castaway Cay.

Thank you.

PS ~ we are WDW vet's been there 8 times in 5 years, we are just lost when it comes to figuring out what to do on the cruise.

I can't believe it's really almost time. We booked more than a year out, and at the time it felt so "someday".....now it's next week. I got my clothes together today. It's kind of nice to be able to pack ahead of time. We always go to WDW in the summer so I'm doing laundry the night before to get ready, but taking summer clothes in February isn't like that.

Same here! ;)
I can't believe that in a week's time we will already be in the US and have been playing at the MK for a night.

We started to take the suitcases out and put some things in it, IF everything will come with us, we will decide towards the end of the week. :lmao:
It feels so strange to take out the T-shirts and capris when we got dumped with a load of snow yesterday. :rotfl2:

Hello fellow voyagers,

Well this is my and DH's very first cruise ever. We celebrate 20 years in August and this is a celebration vacation.

I am having a heck of a time deciding what to do when we get to Nassau. DH and I are not the 'tour-group' types. We like adventure but not into crowds. We are thinking about the Sandals Day Pass, play as we like, enjoy some food and drinks, etc. ... but.. should we save the $300 total it would cost us through Expedia and stay on board and play??? I am afraid we might not find enough to do if we stay on board. I am actually feeling a little anxious, please HELP!!! :scared1:

We plan on hanging at the adult beach and maybe renting some bikes at Castaway Cay.

Thank you.

PS ~ we are WDW vet's been there 8 times in 5 years, we are just lost when it comes to figuring out what to do on the cruise.

:welcome:
to this cruise and the cruise thread.
First time cruisers ....... :woohoo: you are going to like it.
Don't worry about not planning too much, just read your daily navigator and find out what is offered on board - lot to do!
As for Nassau - are you looking for a beach to hang out? Otherwise just walk around the village a bit. You can go up to Fort Fincastle, it is about a 20 minute walk and quite nice. You'll have a fantastic view from up there.
This will be our 10th cruise and we just roam the streets close to the ship a bit, pick up a little rum and rum cake and head back to the ship to play the midship detective agency (yip, it is fun for adults too) or join some tastings.

There is LOTS to do on the ship.
As for pirate night - make sure you are done before the fireworks start - they should not be missed. ;)

You have a great vacation planned!

Hello fellow voyagers,

Thank you.

:rainbow::welcome::rainbow:
We are DH Dimitri (Jimmy), DS Alex (15), and yours truly Dania (Katerina). I believe the best night to do Remy is on Pirate night...good choice...and yes, try to make it out for the fireworks display. We have reservations for Remy on Pirate Night as well, but we may cancel it...for no particular reason, though we are afraid we will regret canceling it.

There's plenty to do on the ship. Check out all the adults activities on the navigators...there will be cooking lessons, wine, beer, whiskey and other types of tastings...I think there was a salsa lesson night open for the family last year.

While in Nassau, we plan to sleep in and taking a stroll around Nassau after lunch.

DisMeets!!! We will be meeting on embarkation day at 3PM in Vista Cafe...please meet us...pretty simple to get there.

See you soon!!!

Dania, I have no idea if you kept or cancelled your Remy booking, but have you thought about Remy lunch? It is really very nice, you can have a champagne pairing with it and some of the food is the same as at night. ;)

Not sure, what, if we will do any tastings, but if so, most likely a wine or champagne one. :thumbsup2

Stay safe until then![/COLOR][/FONT]

:thanks: I still have the reservations...but the only reason why we would cancel is to have more time "relaxing" and doing other things on the ship we missed the last time. We really want to do the dinner...but it may have to wait until a 7 night cruise.

Karin...I'm all packed...with exceptions of a few toiletries...we are all done!!! LOL

See you soon!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter