Dreaming of the Disney DREAM, Feb 17, 2013

Hello... We will be on our very first Disney cruise on 17 Feb and are not familiar at all with group meets or FEs. I've just googled fish extenders to figure out what they were! Is there still a small late group we could join? It is myself, hubby, and 10 yr old son. Also, our son is an avid Pokemon fan and was wondering if any others will be on board. Thanks! Camey

Welcome to the cruise. There is a latecomers group that hasn't closed yet (as far as I know). With you, there will be 8 families participating.

Hello... We will be on our very first Disney cruise on 17 Feb and are not familiar at all with group meets or FEs. I've just googled fish extenders to figure out what they were! Is there still a small late group we could join? It is myself, hubby, and 10 yr old son. Also, our son is an avid Pokemon fan and was wondering if any others will be on board. Thanks! Camey

:welcome: to the DISboards and welcome to our cruise meet thread.

Disney cruises are always exciting, no matter how often you have been. I am sure you are going to really enjoy it.
There is a smaller FE group on facebook and I think they have already put you on the list. PLEASE let them know everyone's first names as soon as possible.

Hi Fepeaux-
The Latecomers FE is still open (today) is the last day to get in. Just post your names and cabin number... And the age of your son (10).
My son Will who is 9.... loves Pokemon as well!!
Welcome,
Melissa

For those participating in the late FE. It will close tonight at midnight. We are missing some critical information from a couple of families. Peterpan2010- we need the adult name(s) and for Fepeaux- we need- never mind. I just got the Facebook post!
Fepeaux is Mike, Camey and Noah (10-avid Pokemon!)

We are in the late FE group on the FB site! Very excited! Now just have to figure out what to do but will read up this weekend. Melissa- please let me know how we can exchange info so Noah and will can meet up. Noah is bringing a tin of trading cards with him and his DS (which I'm guessing he won't have time for). It will be great for him to have other kids with similar interests to play in Kids clubs with.

We are in the late FE group on the FB site! Very excited! Now just have to figure out what to do but will read up this weekend. Melissa- please let me know how we can exchange info so Noah and will can meet up. Noah is bringing a tin of trading cards with him and his DS (which I'm guessing he won't have time for). It will be great for him to have other kids with similar interests to play in Kids clubs with.
Hi-
This cruise has a "Meet" at 3:00pm in the Vista Cafe on Embarkation Day. At some point I will figure out what we will be wearing so we can be spotted easier!

Hi-
This cruise has a "Meet" at 3:00pm in the Vista Cafe on Embarkation Day. At some point I will figure out what we will be wearing so we can be spotted easier!

I personally recommend you let your sons email each other before the cruise. We have a 7 year old email going on between my son and two of the other kids and it has been really fun to get to know them just a little. After just a few email my son feels like he has friends to spend time with already. :)

I personally recommend you let your sons email each other before the cruise. We have a 7 year old email going on between my son and two of the other kids and it has been really fun to get to know them just a little. After just a few email my son feels like he has friends to spend time with already. :)
The only glitch in the boys emailing each other is that Will doesn't even know he's going on a cruise 2 weeks from today! We are telling them when we get to the port...

The only glitch in the boys emailing each other is that Will doesn't even know he's going on a cruise 2 weeks from today! We are telling them when we get to the port...

You are so much stronger than I am!! I can't keep secrets worth anything!

Hi-

The Vista Cafe is not very large, so most of the people there will be there for the meet at 3pm. ;)
What always works in getting to know each other are "post it" nametags. :thumbsup2

How exciting! I applaud you for being able to keep it a secret for so long. :woohoo:

We worked hard this afternoon and got most of our gifts done. Finishing touches tomorrow and then packing them all up!
Not much longer and we can all do the single digit dance. :dance3:

The Vista Cafe is not very large, so most of the people there will be there for the meet at 3pm. ;)
What always works in getting to know each other are "post it" nametags. :thumbsup2

How exciting! I applaud you for being able to keep it a secret for so long. :woohoo:
We booked the cruise 13 months ago and so it was easy because it was really "off my radar". Now that I'm planning the details it's hard keeping it a secret from them because they would love looking forward to the fun ahead!!!
With that said.....I know with kids you have to have low expectations on how they will react to the surprise......Our very good friends are also going and they told their kids on Christmas Day and the kids cried because they had just studied about the Titanic at school.........

We booked the cruise 13 months ago and so it was easy because it was really "off my radar". Now that I'm planning the details it's hard keeping it a secret from them because they would love looking forward to the fun ahead!!!
With that said.....I know with kids you have to have low expectations on how they will react to the surprise......Our very good friends are also going and they told their kids on Christmas Day and the kids cried because they had just studied about the Titanic at school.........

We booked while on the same cruise last year. :thumbsup2 It still was low on the radar as we had two summer cruises to count down to last year. ;)

And I had to :lmao: about your little story about your friends' kids, as some friends of ours told their kids about a Disney cruise a week after the Costa Concordia sank! They rolled their eyes too. :rotfl2:

Hi Everyone

Sorry I've been MIA. Was so busy with a class and exam for work that I did not even have time to DIS :rolleyes1

But that is done and we are ready for vacation!!

You miss a lot around here in a week.
Hope everyone is feeling better and welcome to the newcomers!

Started packing.
Fish extender gifts are all done.
Can't believe the cruise is so close.
Looking forward to meeting everyone at the Vista Cafe.

Group Photo??

We'll be cruisin soon :cool1::cool1:
Robin

:rainbow::welcome::rainbow:

We are DH Dimitri (Jimmy), DS Alex (15) and yours truly Katerina (Dania)...

Can't wait to meet you!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Two weeks from now we will be on the ship hopefully riding the Aquaduck...

I'm making name tags for everyone that is going to be at the Visa Cafe @3:00.
I will have markers so you can put your own name on them.
Is that ok with everyone?

Hello everyone, My name is Alex, my mom is Katerina (Douvres Family).

I have a question...Are there age limitations for the 5K run in Castaway Cay? I'm in my HS XC & Track Team, I'm 15 and would like to do the run.

Does anyone know if there are restrictions?

I really can't way for this cruise...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi Katerina! Alex- I was just looking at a Navigator for the Dream from this past Oct. and it had the 5k listed in the "Fun for All Ages" category and 12+ for the age! Don't beat every one too badly!

:cheer2::cheer2:

Does anyone know if you will miss the start of the Wild Side if you run the 5K? My daughter Shannon wants to run it-she is also on her school cross country-team-but is signed up for the Wild Side and doesn't want to miss it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter