• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreaming of the Disney DREAM, Feb 17, 2013

I got our paperwork this week too!! It was nice to see the luggage tags all ready to go but dreading the packing! I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with auto train! It sounded like such a fun way to get here! 19 Work Days to go for my sister and I who both teach in our county. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you early at the Country Inn and Suites otherwise we will be at the port at 11:00!
:cheer2:

Thanks Karin for putting together the FE :thumbsup2!

Sorry about your train Kathy!

We got our cruise documents on Tuesday as well :cool1:!

Can't believe how close it's getting! Working on our FE gifts this weekend :)!

Is anyone doing the Walking & Kayaking Adventure on CC - Dutch and I are signed up since we thought it looked pretty cool!

You are welcome! :goodvibes
We just love doing the FE and it is so much fun to see the list grow! Stateroom map will be up pretty soon! :thumbsup2

Is it too late to get in the FE's?

Yes, it is too late to join the FE gift exchange. We closed the list on Monday.

I got our paperwork this week too!! It was nice to see the luggage tags all ready to go but dreading the packing! I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with auto train! It sounded like such a fun way to get here! 19 Work Days to go for my sister and I who both teach in our county. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you early at the Country Inn and Suites otherwise we will be at the port at 11:00!
:cheer2:

Still no paperwork for us. We'll see if we get it in time, if not, all I'll have to do is pick up luggage tags at the port. ;)
We still have 20 workdays - I am a teacher too. :goodvibes But we cannot wait to board a plane on the 16th and get on our way. :woohoo:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Only 4 more weeks until :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

DSC_0900.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

DSCF1094.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0697.jpg

DSCF1153.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

We CANNOT wait, can you? ;)

The deckplan is done! Please check if we got all the stateroom numbers correct - as I mentioned before - mistakes happen! ;)
The list might take a while to load - please print it out and figure out the easiest way to get to all the staterooms. :goodvibes

Deckplan​

We worked on our FE gifts today and got most of them done! At least the personalized ones are all done!

20 more workdays for me, 3 classes of large exams to mark and in 27 days from now we will be on a plane on our way to the US! :cloud9:

Loving the Castaway Cay Pics. Simply Beautiful! Cannot believe we will be there in a month :banana::banana:

We are working on our fish extender gifts right now.
So much fun!

Thanks so much for the deck plan. It will make delivering the gifts so easy :thumbsup2

Loving the Castaway Cay Pics. Simply Beautiful! Cannot believe we will be there in a month :banana::banana:

We are working on our fish extender gifts right now.
So much fun!

Thanks so much for the deck plan. It will make delivering the gifts so easy :thumbsup2

We LOVE CC. It is so beautiful. :cloud9:
We did a lot of work on our FE gifts this weekend too. Tom personalized all our gifts and now it is my turn to cut them all out. ;) :lmao:
I am glad you find the deckplan helpful. We received one on our first cruise and it helped a lot getting around the ship and finding the staterooms. :goodvibes

The deck plan is awesome - thanks so much!

You are welcome! Hope it helps you getting around on the ship! :goodvibes

I agree, Thanks so much. It will really help :cool1:

You are welcome! Glad you think it will help you. :goodvibes

Thanks for the deck plan :)!

We are finishing up the stateroom gift this week and pulling together the rest of the stuff!

Can't believe it will be here so soon!

FE gifts are packed:banana: and my clothes are out and ready to be packed away in a few weeks. Can you tell I can't wait :cool1:

Even though it is too late to join that FE group that Karin started, it doesn't mean you can't keep reading this board to see if other people end up coming late and would like to start another FE group with you.

I would be happy to make some extra FE gifts for your cabin and/or others who come later. Just let me know your cabin number and names.

Welcome to the cruise!

Thank you for putting everything together Karin...love the Deck Plans...

I have to say, working full time and with DS's busy schedule it's practically impossible to make FE gifts for everyone...we bought gifts for everyone and hope you all enjoy it.

With that being said, I'm almost done with with all the FE gifts.

Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Is anyone from the Pittsburgh area going on this cruise? We'll be leaving on the 13th...driving straight through...with 4 kids 4-12!

party::welcome:party:

We are DH Dimitri (Jimmy), DS Alex (15), and yours truly Katerina (Dania)

Sorry, the deadline for the FE gifts was Jan 15...However, please join us on the boards and meet us at the DisMeet on embarkation day at 3PM in Vista Cafe...

Hello everyone, My name is Alex, my mom is Katerina (Douvres Family).

I have a question...Are there age limitations for the 5K run in Castaway Cay? I'm in my HS XC & Track Team, I'm 15 and would like to do the run.

Does anyone know if there are restrictions?

I really can't way for this cruise...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hello everyone, My name is Alex, my mom is Katerina (Douvres Family).

I have a question...Are there age limitations for the 5K run in Castaway Cay? I'm in my HS XC & Track Team, I'm 15 and would like to do the run.

Does anyone know if there are restrictions?

I really can't way for this cruise...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Alex, I think the age is over 12, Ashley would run it too, but she is on the Wide Side that day and there is no why to do both

I'm definitely doing the Wild Side, lol, I'm not missing that.
Last year if I remember the Wild Side started towards the end of the 5K run. When I left the Wild Side around 3PM, they were about to start a volleyball game.
I may miss the very beginning, but hope to catch-up with them after the run.
I can do the 5K in about 20mi. Mom will have my change of clothes and I'll catch-up with the group after that.

Counting down the days :woohoo::yay::banana:

VIBE!!! :rockband::music::cool1:

Do you any of you veteran cruisers have any advice re: prepaying gratuities vs tipping on board?

I think I saw something about Disney changing their procedures in 2012 to add their recommended tip automatically. Is that accurate?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you any of you veteran cruisers have any advice re: prepaying gratuities vs tipping on board?

I think I saw something about Disney changing their procedures in 2012 to add their recommended tip automatically. Is that accurate?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

they do add the tips to your account. you do can change it if you want up or down. I leave it and add cash if I want to up the amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter