Dreaming of the Disney DREAM, Feb 17, 2013

they do ask that you do not wear shorts in the dinning rooms, but you would not believe how many people break this rule. These dinning rooms are very nice and I would never wear shorts, but to each his own. I usually wear skirts and dresses. Jeans on Pirate night are ok too.

:thumbsup2

Has anyone heard from njkt, I searched for any post by them and they have not posted since 2011. :confused3 We still need their cabin number.

Hey there, this is our first Disney cruise. We have been planning to go for 5+ years. We were supposed to go on the 5 day in August but my dad had an accident and we wouldn't dream of cruising without him. He's right as rain now and we're all super excited. I just learned what fish extenders are 30 min ago and I have a hand made biz so I am super excited to join in the swap. Are we too late?

Hello. If we are not too late, we would like to join the fish extenders. We are taking our first Disney Cruise. There are 5 of us.
Adults- Sue and Keith
Kids- Ryan (14), Shauna (12), and Evan (9)

Thanks!

:welcome:
You are perfectly on time. I put you on the lists in my first post and thanks to the PM you sent me I was able to update the list with details as well! :thumbsup2
You are going to have a blast! Disney does an awesome job on their cruises! :goodvibes

My docs arrived today:). Quick question: There's no formal night, but it also says no shorts at dinner. Is that true? We have to pack skirts for dinner? We've never cruised....help!

No, there is NO formal night, never has been. They have an optional dress up night, but not too many people really do dress up.
As for shorts. I usually wear capris or knee lenght jeans in the summer. Since this is February I intend to just wear regular jeans.
Remember you are on vacation and you do NOT HAVE TO dress up. We have seen many people in shorts and the only ones being turned away have been people in swimwear.
If you intend to go to Palo or Remy though, that's a different story. VERY strict dress code there.
If you feel comfortable in skirts (I don't) than please go for it, otherwise jeans will be fine, believe me, we cruise with Disney often enough.

I believe that there are no shorts at dinner. On our first cruise I wore capri pants and it was fine at dinner! I think that I also wore dressy jeans one night and that was fine too. Atleast, I thought it was:).

Any jeans that are not torn are fine. This will be our 10th DCL cruise and travelling from Europe I do not bring too much stuff, so my regular stuff has to do and always has. Tom even wore knee lenght trousers (whatever they are called - very obvious now that English is NOT my first language :lmao:) for dinner in any dining room. :goodvibes

Has anyone on this thread ever walked to Junkanoo Beach? We are planning on taking a walk there on our Nassau Day and wanted to check on other people's experiences with it. Thanks!

Sorry, can't help here, as we usually just walk around a little and up to Fort Fincastle. I have no ideas on the beaches.

No shorts during dinner...casually dress attire...exceptions for small children. The Royal Palace is slightly more dressed up...

However, we did see some people not exactly dressed for dinner.

For Animators Palate & Enchanted Garden I wore a summer dress, DH & DS wore jeans, button shirts and shoes...and Royal Palace is the "dressier" night...I did wear a dress and DH slacks and shirt...

Ups, you must mean us then! :rotfl2:
I refuse to dress up for the main dining room. I am on vacation. And in the summer I DO wear capris and a polo shirt for dinner.
I am SO happy we only do Palo brunch this time, as I don't have to lug around a suit for Tom and a pant suit for myself. We had a giggle fest last year with one of their servers as everyone was dressed to the nines and then struggled with using the cutlery. (I teach table manners, so I can tell. :rotfl2:)

At this time next month we will be getting to Orlando :banana::banana::banana::dance3::yay::yay::yay:

:thumbsup2

Welcome aboard :cool1: do you have a Cabin number?

All their information is already on the list!

Has anyone heard from njkt, I searched for any post by them and they have not posted since 2011. :confused3 We still need their cabin number.

They PMed me with their information. I have sent them 2 PMs asking for their stateroom number, but so far no response. If I don't hear from them by February 1, they will be dropped from the list.

Hey there, this is our first Disney cruise. We have been planning to go for 5+ years. We were supposed to go on the 5 day in August but my dad had an accident and we wouldn't dream of cruising without him. He's right as rain now and we're all super excited. I just learned what fish extenders are 30 min ago and I have a hand made biz so I am super excited to join in the swap. Are we too late?

:welcome:
Great to have you join this thread and our cruise. :goodvibes

You are just in time for the FE! Please post everyone's first names, ages of kids and your stateroom number as soon as possible (I think you do not have enough posts to PM me) so I can put you on the list with details.
I put you on the lists in my first post though! :thumbsup2

LAST CALL!!!​

Important message for all FE participants!​

Possibility to join the Fish Extender exchange will be open until January 15 - (23:59pm). That should leave ample time to find presents for everyone on the list.

Please check the list with details (in my first post - link is in read under the list of FE participants) if all the information is correct. I try to copy without mistakes, but they happen. :confused3

Also - there is information missing from the following participants:

njkt - stateroom number
SunHillMomo - names, kids ages, stateroom number​

Please let me know the missing information once you get it. Thank you!

party::welcome:party:

We are DH Dimitri (Jimmy), DS Alex (14) and yours truly Katerina (Dania)
We'll be in stateroom 9566...

We are planning a DisMeet on embarkation at 3PM in Vista Cafe...try to make it ...it will be nice to meet everyone and have a group picture :grouphug:

hey there, I'm trying to pm dizneat but since am new, I can't... is there a work around?

You can post it on the board if you wish...we all need to have your stateroom number so we can drop off our FE gifts to you pixiedust:

Some gifts may be personalized, we'll everyone's names and the ages of the children :thumbsup2

:cutie:

hey there, I'm trying to pm dizneat but since am new, I can't... is there a work around?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, you will need to just post the names of everyone cruising and participating in the FE, ages of kids and your stateroom number here.

Great! We are in 6638. It's my husband and I plus 2 very excited girls, 10 & 7.

They have a ton of costumes - fairies, princesses, Incredibles, etc.

Do kids wear them on board - not counting Pirate night? Should I have them bring some?

The ads make it look like all the little girls in kids club have them on, but I've tried to explain that that's an ad and not necessarily how it goes.

Do kids wear them on board - not counting Pirate night? Should I have them bring some?

The ads make it look like all the little girls in kids club have them on, but I've tried to explain that that's an ad and not necessarily how it goes.

I updated the list with details in my first post.

I believe they have the costumes in the kids' clubs...but I did see some girls wear their costumes for pictures.

I'm sure some of the parents on this board will know.

SunHillMomo - What's everyone's names???

Welcome to our new cruisemates!!

Ok this just got real: Cruise Documents arrived :cool1::cool1:

We tend to wear sundresses or capris with a nice top to dinner. Planning on doing the same this cruise.

Anyone care to guess what the weather will be like?
Hoping for 80F/27C at least!

Cruise documents = :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Anything that is warmer than it is here will be very much appreciated! ;) 27C would put me on :cloud9:

Welcome to our new cruisemates!!

We tend to wear sundresses or capris with a nice top to dinner. Planning on doing the same this cruise.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter