Dream Nov. 18th 3 day cruise

The people that I've talked to and the reading that I've done indicated that there really isn't a "normal" for how to distribute the gifts. Most interactions I've had indicated that a gift for the cabin is minimum and single gift per person was the maximum. I have yet to encounter anyone who said that they gave a gift to each person every night. (I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I haven't run across it yet).

Fortunately, we are our own group and we can do what ever we want.

Personally, I was planning a single gift for each cabin and some goodies for all the kids. I was planning on breaking it up over the 2nd and 3rd day so that I could maximize my lazy time.

With that in mind, I am open to everyone's opinions. I'm definitely leaning towards splitting the lists. Which means we have 3 votes for making two groups. If no one has any complaints, then I'll split the lists and post them in a day or two. At first glance, we should be able to take the first 6 cabins and the last 7 cabins on the list. That gives us 21 and 23 people.

As always, I'm open to suggestions. It's your vacation, so let me know what you want.

Oh, one final note...

Exactly 2 months from today we'll be in Castaway Cay!!!

I vote for splitting the list into two groups. :)

Thank you again for all of your time and effort that you have put in to help make our vacation that much more magical!

Happy first day of Fall!!!

I've split the list into two groups. In an effort to keep things interesting, I tried to find a way to label the groups that didn't make one group better than the other (can't use groups 1&2 or A&B). At first I was gonna go with the Mickey and Minnie group, but that was too main stream (or is it Main Street... see what I did there?). Then I figured I go with something off-the-wall like Sully and Mike from Monsters Inc., but that didn't fit the cruise theme. Finally, I remembered that Disney has a new movie coming out that unfortunately won't release until after our cruise. Since the movie has a tropical theme I grabbed the two main characters.

So, I give you the Maui and Moana groups

Click the "Spoiler" button to see the list:
@Ethiopianmom - Room 7180
Adult Female
Adult Female (28)
Girl (11)
Girl (9)

@Misscallieanne - Room 2032
Adult Female
Adult Female

@Angelizza - Cabin 8681
Adult Female
Adult Female

@LandJ22 - Room 10047
Adult
Adult
Boy (4)

@tmills - Room 6576
Adult Male
Adult Female
Girl (14)
Boy (10)

@Dabigoh - Room 2524
Adult Female
Girl (16)
Boy (14)
Girl (12) <-- Birthday

@Shelia Gleason - Cabin 7020
Adult Male
Adult Female
Girl (12)
Girl (12)
-Favorites: Mickey, Minnie, Stitch

@Aloha408 - Cabin 10164
Adult Female <-- Celebrating a "very special birthday"
Adult Male
Kid (6)
Kid (4)

Cabin 10166
Adult Female
Adult Male
Kid (10)

@Aloha707 - Cabin 10162
Adult
Adult

@1stladyand2grls - Cabin 6006
Adult Female
Adult Male
Girl (8)
Girl (4)
- Favorites: Princesses and Minnie Mouse

@Emerlyn Nguyen - Cabin 7640
Adult Male
Adult Female
Adult Female
Girl
Boy

@::danielle:: - Cabin 8166
Adult Female
Boy (12)
Girl (8)

hi Dabigoh, thanks for coordinating this for everyone. I happened to notice that the last cabin 8681 was not included to the Moana list. Also, just to confirm, the break up with groups is so we can split the days we give the gifts instead of doing it all on one day?

hi Dabigoh, thanks for coordinating this for everyone. I happened to notice that the last cabin 8681 was not included to the Moana list. Also, just to confirm, the break up with groups is so we can split the days we give the gifts instead of doing it all on one day?

Actually, cabin 8681 was moved to the Maui group.

On page two of the thread, the people in cabin 2032 made a comment that they were "taking a girls trip". I noticed that cabin 8681 had two female adults so I made the assumption that they were also having a girls trip and would like to be in the same group as the other ladies.

The reason that we split the groups was so that we didn't have to provide gifts for so many people. So, as it stands now, you should provide gifts for everyone in your group. (Obviously you can provide for the other group as well if you're feeling generous).

The Maui group has 7 cabins with 23 people. The Moana group has 6 cabins with 21 people. I'll leave it up to everyone in the Moana group, but if someone else shows up asking to get in on the fun, we could add them so both lists have 7 cabins. Either that or they could be the start of another group.

Great thanks for the confirmation!
This should be exciting!

QUOTE="Dabigoh, post: 56506849, member: 579817"]Actually, cabin 8681 was moved to the Maui group.

On page two of the thread, the people in cabin 2032 made a comment that they were "taking a girls trip". I noticed that cabin 8681 had two female adults so I made the assumption that they were also having a girls trip and would like to be in the same group as the other ladies.

The reason that we split the groups was so that we didn't have to provide gifts for so many people. So, as it stands now, you should provide gifts for everyone in your group. (Obviously you can provide for the other group as well if you're feeling generous).

The Maui group has 7 cabins with 23 people. The Moana group has 6 cabins with 21 people. I'll leave it up to everyone in the Moana group, but if someone else shows up asking to get in on the fun, we could add them so both lists have 7 cabins. Either that or they could be the start of another group.[/QUOTE]

Happy first day of Fall!!!

I've split the list into two groups. In an effort to keep things interesting, I tried to find a way to label the groups that didn't make one group better than the other (can't use groups 1&2 or A&B). At first I was gonna go with the Mickey and Minnie group, but that was too main stream (or is it Main Street... see what I did there?). Then I figured I go with something off-the-wall like Sully and Mike from Monsters Inc., but that didn't fit the cruise theme. Finally, I remembered that Disney has a new movie coming out that unfortunately won't release until after our cruise. Since the movie has a tropical theme I grabbed the two main characters.

So, I give you the Maui and Moana groups

Adult Female
Adult Female (28)
Girl (11)
Girl (9)

Adult Female
Adult Female

@Angelizza - Cabin 8681
Adult Female
Adult Female

@LandJ22 - Room 10047
Adult
Adult
Boy (4)

@tmills - Room 6576
Adult Male
Adult Female
Girl (14)
Boy (10)

@Dabigoh - Room 2524
Adult Female
Girl (16)
Boy (14)
Girl (12) <-- Birthday

Adult Male
Adult Female
Girl (12)
Girl (12)

@Aloha408 - Cabin 10164
Adult Male
Kid (6)
Kid (4)

Cabin 10166
Adult Female
Adult Male
Kid (10)

@Aloha707 - Cabin 10162
Adult
Adult

Adult Female
Adult Male
Girl (8)
Girl (4)

Adult Male
Adult Female
Adult Female
Girl
Boy

Adult Female
Boy (12)
Girl (8)

This looks great and will definitely help when it comes to packing!

@Emerlyn Nguyen Just wondering if you could send an age range for the children in your party? Just want to make sure that the gifts we're planning are appropriate for their age. Thanks so much!

Is it to late to be added to the Moana group to make it 7 cabins each. It's our first Disney Cruise and we just found out about this tonight. We would love to join in on the fun...we are from Cleveland, Ohio and I can think of a ton of fun things from around our city/state for the kids to enjoy.

Please let me know...We are in Stateroom 8517 with 4 kids there (we have an adjoining room for the parents and grandmother) But for the ease of it...we would be so lucky to join with just the kids.

Girl - 12
Boy - 10
Girl - 7
Boy - 7
Please let me know. You can email me at thehadrysfamily@gmail.com

Thank you!!

If it is to late...you can add us to the next group and we'll just cross our fingers that others come on board. No problem at all!! We actually have three cabins going so I can email you or list the three cabins here with all of the age/gender info.
Thanks again for coordinating!!

@Aloha408
@Aloha707
@1stladyand2grls
@Emerlyn Nguyen
@::danielle::

Do you guys have room for one more? If you've already got everything planned out and it would be difficult to add another 4-5 people, then don't hesitate to say no. However, if you all are excited to add @Thehadrysfamily then I'll make it happen.

I'm sure we'll have a couple more people show up between now and November, so we could start another group and wait to see what pops up. I'll leave it up to your group.

@Aloha408
@Aloha707
@1stladyand2grls
@Emerlyn Nguyen

Do you guys have room for one more? If you've already got everything planned out and it would be difficult to add another 4-5 people, then don't hesitate to say no. However, if you all are excited to add @Thehadrysfamily then I'll make it happen.

I'm sure we'll have a couple more people show up between now and November, so we could start another group and wait to see what pops up. I'll leave it up to your group.
Ok we will just hang tight :-)

Ok we will just hang tight :-)

First, and I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner, welcome to the group.

Second, let's give the MOANA group a few days to decide if they have time/room to add another cabin.

However, if you have three cabins and would like to have them all included, I'll go ahead and create another group and we can see who else shows up.

@Aloha408
@Aloha707
@1stladyand2grls
@Emerlyn Nguyen

First of all, Wellcome Hadry's family!

I have not purchased my supplies yet so adding another family does not affect me at all so I'm happy to include them!

@::danielle:: was the only member of the MOANA group to respond, so I'm going to go ahead and add @Thehadrysfamily to the group.

If anyone has any issue with that, let me know and we'll adjust accordingly.

44 more days, people!!!

Adult Female
Adult Female (28)
Girl (11)
Girl (9)

Adult Female
Adult Female

@Angelizza - Cabin 8681
Adult Female
Adult Female

@LandJ22 - Room 10047
Adult
Adult
Boy (4)

@tmills - Room 6576
Adult Male
Adult Female
Girl (14)
Boy (10)

@Dabigoh - Room 2524
Adult Female
Girl (16)
Boy (14)
Girl (12) <-- Birthday

Adult Male
Adult Female
Girl (12)
Girl (12)

@Aloha408 - Cabin 10164
Adult Male
Kid (6)
Kid (4)

Cabin 10166
Adult Female
Adult Male
Kid (10)

@Aloha707 - Cabin 10162
Adult
Adult

Adult Female
Adult Male
Girl (8)
Girl (4)

Adult Male
Adult Female
Adult Female
Boy (11)
Girl (8)

Adult Female
Boy (12)
Girl (8)

@Thehadrysfamily - Cabin 8517
Girl (12)
Boy (10)
Girl (7)
Boy (7)

With the addition in the previous post, I'm going to say that the two groups are now full. If any new people are reading this and want to get in on the fun, let us know ASAP and we'll get another group started.

I'm gonna have to research the Moana movie to find another character to name the group after....

With the addition in the previous post, I'm going to say that the two groups are now full. If any new people are reading this and want to get in on the fun, let us know ASAP and we'll get another group started.

I'm gonna have to research the Moana movie to find another character to name the group after....

Welcome @Thehadrysfamily! I will add your family to my list. Glad to have you join the "Moana Group"!

Mahalo and Thank you @Dabigoh for organizing the groups!!

Thank you for organizing!

@::danielle:: was the only member of the MOANA group to respond, so I'm going to go ahead and add @Thehadrysfamily to the group.

If anyone has any issue with that, let me know and we'll adjust accordingly.

44 more days, people!!!

Adult Female
Adult Female (28)
Girl (11)
Girl (9)

Adult Female
Adult Female

@Angelizza - Cabin 8681
Adult Female
Adult Female

@LandJ22 - Room 10047
Adult
Adult
Boy (4)

@tmills - Room 6576
Adult Male
Adult Female
Girl (14)
Boy (10)

@Dabigoh - Room 2524
Adult Female
Girl (16)
Boy (14)
Girl (12) <-- Birthday

Adult Male
Adult Female
Girl (12)
Girl (12)

@Aloha408 - Cabin 10164
Adult Male
Kid (6)
Kid (4)

Cabin 10166
Adult Female
Adult Male
Kid (10)

@Aloha707 - Cabin 10162
Adult
Adult

Adult Female
Adult Male
Girl (8)
Girl (4)

Adult Male
Adult Female
Adult Female
Boy (11)
Girl (8)

Adult Female
Boy (12)
Girl (8)

@Thehadrysfamily - Cabin 8517
Girl (12)
Boy (10)
Girl (7)
Boy (7)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter