• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream Meal at WDW/DL

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Let's have a little fun here. What would create your dream meal? Pick one drink (alcoholic or otherwise), appetizer, entree, and dessert from any WDW or DL eatery - counter service or table service. The sky is the limit.

Well since I'm not 21 I can't pick anything alcoholic. So I'd probably just pick something in a special glass or cup rather, what I don't know.

I've honestly never had a Disney appetizer or at least had one that stood out. The bread in France is good lol.

Entree.... Hmmm, I could go with the Mac and cheese dish in France, pizza from via Napoli, or a burger from Sci-Fi.

Dessert, I have to go brownie sundae from 50s or grey stuff from Be our Guest. Unless we're allowed a beaches and cream sundae then I go no way Jose for sure.

Last edited:
Funny but the first thought when I saw the thread was where I would like to eat even more than what. I'd want it to be somewhere nice but quiet, not hectic like things usually are at Disney. In the castle would be cool but I'd rather have a view, so perhaps on the beach at the Poly assuming it was a nice comfortable night.

What to eat? That's tough because we don't dine on property that much and really only do counter service.
Appetizer: I'd take the veggie platter from Sunshine Seasons with the hummus, tabouleh, and cous cous salad. That's a favorite of ours.
Entree: The fajita platter from Pecos Bill's, currently my favorite meal on property.
Dessert: The raspberry macaron with lemon cream from the bakery in France. Yum.

Ok, after some thought...
Drink - something fun from Trader Sam's
Appetizer - the cheese course at California Grill - I know not that special, but it is soooo good - this may change after we go this fall and eat at Flying Fish as their pork belly looks amazing
Dinner - I'm a beef girl, so I woukd take one from Yachtsmen
Dessert - I'm going to say a Micky bar because they are simply perfect

Drink - Uh Oa
Appetizer - French Onion Soup from Be Our Guest
Entree - Lamb Porterhouse/Brisket from Napa Rose
Dessert - Strawberry Rhubarb Tart from Napa Rose... or another Uh Oa. :earboy2:

Drink - Tiki Tiki TIki Tiki Tiki Rum from Trader Sam's
Appetizer - while I only saw it there once, it was a flatbread at Cali Grill that had smoked salmon, goat cheese, shallots, capers, caviar, and was topped with a poached egg
Entree - Toss up...if I could bring back the Potato Crusted Snapper over Leek Fondue from Flying Fish...otherwise, the filet from Yachtsman
Dessert - lemon dome cake from Amorette's Patisserie is YUM

Well since I'm not 18 I can't pick anything alcoholic. So I'd probably just pick something in a special glass or cup rather, what I don't know.
Lol it would be 21 here. I'm not sure if that's a typo or if you live someplace that has a lower drinking age.

I'm easily underwhelmed by food/I haven't eaten at many non qsr's in the past couple of years.

I could just eat pretty much every thing at boma and the odwalla lemonades from some QSR's all the time.

I spent way too much time thinking about it and still probably am forgetting things, but what came to mind:

Pre-dinner cocktail

- Dragones Top Shelf Margarita (La Cava)
note: 2nd choice is Shrunken Zombie Head (Trader Sam's)

Drink during meal:

- Kungaloosh Spiced Excursion Ale Draft (Tiffins/Nomad Loung) .... very tasty and something a bit unique to Disney vs a beer or wine I could get elsewhere

Appetizer:
- Derby Sliders (Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge) ... the Wagyu Beef with Cognac-Mustard Aïoli, Smoked Gouda Cheese, Bacon, and Avocado is the best burger I've had on site.
note: 2nd choice was the Rock Shrimp Tempura (Morimoto Asia), 3rd choice was bread service at Sanaa, and 4th choice the Crock O' Pate (Raglan Road)
PS - we clearly enjoy appetizers and will often get a few appetizers and then split entrees

Entree:
- Morimoto Peking Duck (Morimoto Asia)
Note: I think my favorite thing at any Disney park was this special pork chop they had at Blue Bayou but that was seasonal (was for Halloween/fall) so discounted that a bit

Dessert:
- Bread Pudding (Raglan Road) - I know, probably sacrilege to say, but I like this bread pudding better than 'Ohana's
- Ice Cream Martini (L'Artisan des Glaces) ... I mean, just look at this:
Ice Cream Martinit.jpg

Drink: Nautilus. I've never had it but I need that cup.
Appetizer: Shrimp Tempura Roll from Kona Cafe... in fact, could I just have that for dinner, too?
Entree: I've never had a Le Cellier steak, so I'm going to stick that here. Filet mignon.
Dessert: Dole Whip Float!

Ooh, I should have thought of that. We're also only missing the Nautilus and the rum flight glasses. I didn't include a drink in my response so just add that to my tab.

I wish the rum flight glasses came with the wooden flight board. I think if it did I would have bought that last trip

Quick Service

PASTRY:
Flan and Cerises @ France in EPCOT ($4.25)
BEER: Schöfferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen @ Germany in EPCOT ($9.50 for a 1/2 liter)
SOUP: French Onion Soup @ Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom ($6.49)
PASTA: Build Your Own Pasta w/shrimp & Alfredo @ Riverside Mill in Port Orleans ($11.99)
ENTREE: Empanadas con Queso @ La Cantina de San Angel in EPCOT ($10.95)
DRINK: Jalapeno Cucumber @ La Cava del Tequila in EPCOT ($12.50)
DESSERT: Pineapple Dole Whip Float @ Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom ($5.29)
=
$60.97 + tax, (or three snack credits, two quick service credits, and $22 + tip Out Of Pocket).

Beverage: Frozen Violet Lemonade from Epcot Flower and Garden Festival

Appetizer: Rock Shrimp Tempura from Morimoto Asia Disney Springs

Entree: Southernmost Buttermilk Chicken - mashed potatoes, southern gravy, and seasonal vegetables from Olivia's at Disney's Old Key West Resort

Dessert: Fruit Tart from Starring Rolls Cafe at Hollywood Studios, AND.....
Stawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake from Be Our Guest Restaurant. (Because EVERY "Dream Meal" should end with two desserts! Right?)

Last edited:
Haven't been in 4 years, so I'm sure a lot of what I'd pick of what I've actually had would be gone/changed, and don't want to look through tons of menus, so I'll be pretty generic in my picks

Drink - Don't drink alcohol anymore, and trying to cut down on sugar, but since this is a "dream meal" I'd have something non-alcoholic, sweet/sour like a Cherry Lime Rickey sort of thing from wherever makes something like that.

Appetizer - Love salads with stuff like cranberries/walnuts/etc. in them, and something like feta cheese. I am also VERY curious about this "meat butter" from Flying Fish! :)

Entree - Am a steak/beef lover, so wherever on property has the best of that - Yachtsman maybe? (Never been there) With mushrooms. Or the fried chicken from Art Smith's looks great too.

Dessert - Something with chocolate/nuts/peanut butter. So maybe a No Way Jose Sundae from Beaches & Cream (since Ghirardelli's no longer makes their choc/peanut butter sundae).

Cool question! :)

WHAT? :scared1: They don't make the Gold Rush anymore? Oh, say it isn't so!

Guess I'll have to get my peanut butter fix elsewhere.
No, @rosysubmarine I'm sorry to report they stopped serving any products with peanuts/peanut better, due to allergies. :( The Gold Rush was my "go to" too, which is why I said I guess I'll have to go to Beaches & Cream for the No Way Jose. I just liked Ghirardelii's hot fudge better, and sitting there, people watching, but B&C is okay.

If the sky's the limit I'm resurrecting some long-gone menu items.

Drink: I really don't drink alcohol but I'll take something from Trader Sam's for the mug.
Appetizer: the mediterranean dips from Spoodles (RIP)
Entree: the (dearly departed) deconstructed Beef Wellington from Yachtsman
Dessert - Hard to narrow down, but I'll go with my current obsession - sticky toffee pudding from Rose and Crown

I spent way too much time thinking about it and still probably am forgetting things, but what came to mind:

Pre-dinner cocktail

- Dragones Top Shelf Margarita (La Cava)
note: 2nd choice is Shrunken Zombie Head (Trader Sam's)

Drink during meal:

- Kungaloosh Spiced Excursion Ale Draft (Tiffins/Nomad Loung) .... very tasty and something a bit unique to Disney vs a beer or wine I could get elsewhere

Appetizer:
- Derby Sliders (Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge) ... the Wagyu Beef with Cognac-Mustard Aïoli, Smoked Gouda Cheese, Bacon, and Avocado is the best burger I've had on site.
note: 2nd choice was the Rock Shrimp Tempura (Morimoto Asia), 3rd choice was bread service at Sanaa, and 4th choice the Crock O' Pate (Raglan Road)
PS - we clearly enjoy appetizers and will often get a few appetizers and then split entrees

Entree:
- Morimoto Peking Duck (Morimoto Asia)
Note: I think my favorite thing at any Disney park was this special pork chop they had at Blue Bayou but that was seasonal (was for Halloween/fall) so discounted that a bit

Dessert:
- Bread Pudding (Raglan Road) - I know, probably sacrilege to say, but I like this bread pudding better than 'Ohana's
- Ice Cream Martini (L'Artisan des Glaces) ... I mean, just look at this:
View attachment 190603

That ice cream martini. OMG. Still haven't tried it. Definitely next trip!!!!!

I hopped all over the place with this one, but I need Kevin to pick up the check.

Drink: The 100% kona coffee from Kona Cafe

App: On the wine menu at Tutto Gusto they offer an al a carte meat and cheese plate of freshly shaved prosciutto, cappicolla, sopressata, freh buffalo mozzarella, and provalone with bread and oil.

Main: I've never done this before, but the wagyu filet at Yachtsman with truffle mac and cheese is a dream of mine.

Dessert: Warm chocolate banana torte and a glass of Glen Livet at Mizner's Lounge with hints of Wishes going off while the band plays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter