Dream Food Network Special Disappoints this Chef

The real question is with Castaway being a hit or miss how did they know on that day of filming that they would be able to dock at Castway??? Does Disney know something that we don't??? I'm no conspiracy theorist but.......hmmm lol

The percentage of cruises that don't make it CC is so low, you have a better chance of making it than not.

I'm sure they did a lot of editing but as far as CC on our last cruise ( may 2014) my dh and I have a ton of pics at serenity bay with no one else in them. We almost had the whole adult beach to ourselves, there were maybe 15 people and that is a high number for a few hrs .
I enjoyed the show, was watching for purely entertainment purposes though. I watch the kitchen and enjoyed the hosts.It was clearly for advertising but with our next dream cruise coming in 36 days we enjoyed getting all excited for our trip :)

I have a feeling they did all the restaurant scenes while either still docked at the port or during the day before the actual first meal each night. Castaway Cay, they were probably the very first people off the ship.

My wife and I are going on our first cruise in September and it's on the Dream so we both really enjoyed the show. Yes, it was a big long commercial but it got us very excited so it served its purpose.

They most likely did a lot of the filming between cruises...everyone get's off the ship in the morning and no one is allowed on until later. It is funny...that is not the pastry chef for Royal Palace...a pastry chef yes, but not for Royal Palace.

I don't believe and am highly upset that only 4 people are prepping for 4000. Can it be done yes but should it absolutely not. Rough chop onions/carrots sure but juliened or brunoised a bit more skill and time is needed.

I'm sure they did a lot of editing but as far as CC on our last cruise ( may 2014) my dh and I have a ton of pics at serenity bay with no one else in them. We almost had the whole adult beach to ourselves, there were maybe 15 people and that is a high number for a few hrs .
I enjoyed the show, was watching for purely entertainment purposes though. I watch the kitchen and enjoyed the hosts.It was clearly for advertising but with our next dream cruise coming in 36 days we enjoyed getting all excited for our trip :)
we sail in may also. a friend sailed in may 2014 with her family and convinced us to try it this year. she booked last years cruise about 3 weeks before sail date and her pictures also looked like no one was on the ship or beach, but i checked earlier tonight and there aren't many may cruises left, most area already sold out. hope it doesn't feel that busy on the ship!

Just an hour long DCL commercial. The ship and Castaway Cay looked empty because they stage everything they shot for TV. Was on the Dream in 2011 when the Cake Boss was on the dream filming an episode of Cake Boss. Areas of the ship and Castaway Cay were closed off to passengers when they were shooting in an area.

I'm on another board for a future cruise in a place that can't be mentioned. One of the members said that her family was on the ship when this was filmed (January 2015). She said that they saw the Mauro's and Melissa D'Arabian's family quickly, but other than that, you couldn't really tell that anything was going on.

It is funny...that is not the pastry chef for Royal Palace...a pastry chef yes, but not for Royal Palace.

Interesting.

I don't believe and am highly upset that only 4 people are prepping for 4000.

If you don't believe it, don't bother being upset about it. You know it's unlikely. :)

Even my five-year-old called that one out!

:)

One of the members said that her family was on the ship when this was filmed (January 2015). She said that they saw the Mauro's and Melissa D'Arabian's family quickly, but other than that, you couldn't really tell that anything was going on.

Which sailing was it?

Agree that it was just an hour long commercial for the cruise. And I saw nor learned anything new. But it did bring back some fond memories and make me smile. I especially enjoyed our several visits to Pink Champagne Bar and going through the aqua tube the first time. We are truly spoiled when on a Disney Cruise! :)

It must have been filmed recently because many of the same staff members were on our cruise in January.
3ce10.jpg

Saw a few minutes of it and saw our waiter from our October cruise. Switched channels and totally forgot about it lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter