Dream Cruise - November 25, 2012

96 Days!

Anyone that wants to join the FE Exchange, just provide me the info requested from a few posts above and I will get you added to my spreadsheet!

This is my third cruise, but my first as a parent. Three adults, two children (one 2 1/2 year old girl and one 13 year old boy) This is my second Disney cruise, but I haven't been on one in about 12 years.

I don't know if I'm up for the FE. I'm not crafty at all, but I'll lurk and see if I can figure out something that would be nice :)

We're celebrating that I made the New York Times Bestseller's list with my romance novels :)

I saw that someone had rented a cabana on Castaway Cay...since we're such a small group, I wasn't sure if it was necessary. I can't imagine my daughter being able to nap there to extend our day. Is there another benefit to it?

Thank you! I'm so excited about the cruise.

Sharon aka Grandma, Chase (14) 7024
can you tell me how many and ages we have in our group now?:tink:

Hi Sharon!

Here are the ages and genders of the people who have officially provided their info.

Your Family:

Craig (DH), Robin (me), Deven (11), Gage (7.5, going on 14)

& then the other 3 cabins:

3 Ladies (Ages: 23, 30, 61), 3 Men (Ages: 21, 32,& 62), & 1 Child (Age: 6, almost 7 at time of cruise)

I will be sending out a spreadsheet to everyone at the 6week mark. I'm hoping I have the info for everyone who has mentioned interest at that point. That would be approx. 6 - 8 more cabins, I think.

We r booking this cruise today!! YAY!!! This will be our first cruise. DH has cruised before, but not with Disney. We are traveling with our DD (10) and my Mom & Sister will be in the cabin nextdoor. We would like to participate in the FE. I will msg with the details. Any advice for newbies is welcome! I spent all day yesterday (literally) skimming the DIS boards and a cpl other sites. Whats your fav resource for info?

DD & I hope to get working on my FE this weekend!!!

Ok, so I cant pvt msg cuz i havent made 10 posts :headache: I dont wanna put my email in a public forum, so perhaps you could msg me and I could respond? We definitely want to join the FE!!!!

Just want to say our Wal-Mart now has a dollar bin like Target and had some really cute items for FE gifts. Check yours out also. Dollar Tree also is a good source. The only problem I'm having is with ideas for men! Moms and little girls are super easy. I can't say how excited I am to be doing this. So happy to have new people signing up!!!

We r booking this cruise today!! YAY!!! This will be our first cruise. DH has cruised before, but not with Disney. We are traveling with our DD (10) and my Mom & Sister will be in the cabin nextdoor. We would like to participate in the FE. I will msg with the details. Any advice for newbies is welcome! I spent all day yesterday (literally) skimming the DIS boards and a cpl other sites. Whats your fav resource for info?

DD & I hope to get working on my FE this weekend!!!

:wave2:

The Dis boards are quite addicting and they are my favorite resource! I have also spent a lot of time reading on the Disney Mom's part of the official Disney site.

I will send you a message about the FE right now!

Sorry, but can someone please tell me what an FE is? Sounds interesting from what I can gather, just not sure of the details. :) Any info would be greatly appreciated. ::yes::

Sorry, but can someone please tell me what an FE is? Sounds interesting from what I can gather, just not sure of the details. :) Any info would be greatly appreciated. ::yes::

Here are some links to threads that will explain it, but basically it is a gift exchange. The gifts don't have to be expensive or fancy and they can be store bought or handmade. The actual "Fish Extender" is something with pockets that hangs from the fish (or seahorse) right outside your cabin door so that people who have signed up to participate leave their gifts for you.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2660789&highlight=fe

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032

I am organizing the FE exchange for this cruise, so if you would like to participate just provide me with the information requested and I will add you to the list!

Pryncesslace -- Thank you :)

I just checked out Etsy and I'm really excited. I might be able to do this! How many people are signed up for the FE already? If I can buy instead of make -- I think the kids would love to do it.

Pryncesslace -- Thank you :)

I just checked out Etsy and I'm really excited. I might be able to do this! How many people are signed up for the FE already? If I can buy instead of make -- I think the kids would love to do it.

You're Welcome :)

So far I have information from 5 cabins & I am waiting on info from a 6th. There are about 5 other groups that expressed interest earlier on, but they have not provided their information as of now. :thumbsup2

We can book our port arrival times and excursions tonight! Is anyone else crazy like me and setting their alarm for 3am to book?:banana:

09/11/12 - I was able to get 11am port arrival time AND an 11am ressie for Palo Brunch on our at sea day! I'm thinking we might be on a very far from full ship, b/c they had a lot of Palo brunch times available.

We can book our port arrival times and excursions tonight! Is anyone else crazy like me and setting their alarm for 3am to book?:banana:

09/11/12 - I was able to get 11am port arrival time AND an 11am ressie for Palo Brunch on our at sea day! I'm thinking we might be on a very far from full ship, b/c they had a lot of Palo brunch times available.

I wondered about this, too... especially since we arent getting much activity on the board. Better than being booked at capacity I guess :)

:wave2:

The Dis boards are quite addicting and they are my favorite resource! I have also spent a lot of time reading on the Disney Mom's part of the official Disney site.

I will send you a message about the FE right now!

Cant respond to your msg, not enough posts yet, so i will come back tomorrow and make a few more random comments to meet the required 10 posts... bleh. We are definitely in for FE, so count on us. I will get all info to you asap, I just dont want to put my info on a public forum (especially email). Cant wait!

Ok, so I have researched on how to organize an FE and I'm ready to start!

Here is the information I will need from everyone:

DIS name
Cabin #
Names of all traveling parties and ages of any kids
If you are celebrating anything special
if there are any allergies
email address

You can message me directly with this info or you can leave it here in the thread, whatever you are more comfortable with. I will email everyone the information needed!

So far I officially have 5 cabins signed up. :yay:

Number of Cabins Update (07/12/12) - 5!

Thx for taking the lead on this! You seem quite organized! Looking forward to it all!!! (i think this makes 5.... 5 more posts to go lol)

I spent quite a bit of time saving images for door magnets and have emassed quite a file full. If you're looking for something, let me know and if I have it, I will post it.

ccstar said:
Cant respond to your msg, not enough posts yet, so i will come back tomorrow and make a few more random comments to meet the required 10 posts... bleh. We are definitely in for FE, so count on us. I will get all info to you asap, I just dont want to put my info on a public forum (especially email). Cant wait!

I don't blame you one bit, I don't like putting mine out on public forums either. You can never be to safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter