Dream Concierge

Room Service Hot Breakfast and Dinners from MDRs delivered to the room are only available to cat T and cat R

Darn. Oh well. Still ecstatic that this room became available. And this room is fine. lol. Don't think my friend or I want to upgrade beyond this.

You'll love it. It's all about the lounge.

I go to Disney World almost monthly and last month was the first time in over 100 trips (29 years) that I've stayed club level there. We had a Deluxe room w/club level access at Wilderness Lodge and after that I knew I had to get concierge on the cruise. It was just so nice to be able to go to the lounge and get what I needed whenever. So I'm hoping I love this lounge just as much. :drinking1

While we're on lounge chat, are croissants usually available in the morning?

I usually eat pretty low carb. I'm not big on dessert-for-breakfast food (donuts etc) but eating croissants and tea for breakfast is a vacation ritual of mine. :) I noticed that in the AKL club lounge, the croissants were somewhat close to real croissants (meaning they had flaky layers, not just bread shaped like a croissant). I had quite a few of those. >.>

While we're on lounge chat, are croissants usually available in the morning?

I usually eat pretty low carb. I'm not big on dessert-for-breakfast food (donuts etc) but eating croissants and tea for breakfast is a vacation ritual of mine. :) I noticed that in the AKL club lounge, the croissants were somewhat close to real croissants (meaning they had flaky layers, not just bread shaped like a croissant). I had quite a few of those. >.>
http://www.tiggertravels.com/pl_1018_To Concierge or Not to Concierge that is the question.htm

There's a picture, second down on the right that shows the croissants.

my good karmic deed:

Cabana 8 has opened up for the may 14-18 sailing fyi. I was contemplating changing my 15 to it but decided against it. Anyway, thought maybe someone might be interested! Told my "other" group too.

my good karmic deed:

Cabana 8 has opened up for the may 14-18 sailing fyi. I was contemplating changing my 15 to it but decided against it. Anyway, thought maybe someone might be interested! Told my "other" group too.

Grab 8 if it's still available. You'll be glad you did.

Grab 8 if it's still available. You'll be glad you did.
Someone on the "other" group grabbed it. Then someone chimed in there will be a wedding party in 19&20 so kinda wish I had grabbed it now.

Why do you think 8 is better?

I send my email to shoreside concierge on Friday!!! Yay!!! My cruise is getting closer!!! :-) Something I just thought of - The CM's who take care of us in the cabanas, do we tip them that day or will we get envelopes for them the last night with all the others?

The concierge team from the ship work the cabanas on CC :) so you tip them as normal.
If you don't have concierge, you can go to guest services and request to tip the concierge team for working the cabanas.

The concierge team from the ship work the cabanas on CC :) so you tip them as normal.
If you don't have concierge, you can go to guest services and request to tip the concierge team for working the cabanas.

Clarification: The Concierge team from the ship work the Family Beach cabanas. The Serenity Bay assistant is not a Concierge team member.

Clarification: The Concierge team from the ship work the Family Beach cabanas. The Serenity Bay assistant is not a Concierge team member.

This is correct. And there is no way to tip the Serenity Bay cabana hosts other than cash.

You can go to GS to tip by charge to them, they will know who was there.

If so, that has changed. Two years ago, when we were on the Fantasy, we tried exactly that and were told we could not tip them using our onboard account. For that reason, we brought cash this time.

If so, that has changed. Two years ago, when we were on the Fantasy, we tried exactly that and were told we could not tip them using our onboard account. For that reason, we brought cash this time.

Well there all run by concierge and they know who runs them its a simple process for GS.

Well there all run by concierge and they know who runs them its a simple process for GS.
can i just tip them every time i use them for something? (golf cart ride, drinks, etc)

Cause if they are the same people in concierge, aren't i tipping them on the ship the last day anyway?

I'm telling you that we didn't have cash when were there, so we tried at both Guest Services and in the Concierge Lounge to charge a tip to him, and we were told we couldn't. We knew his name, so that wasn't the issue. Perhaps it's because the SB cabanas are not staffed by Concierge Hosts like the family beach cabanas are. I don't know the reason, but we could not do it. That is why we brought cash with us this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter