Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

I am going through the process of buying VGF now! YAY! We would like to go for our first stay the last week of Oct. Do you think that I would be able to book something in January when we close? We would do a 1 bedroom but are fine with a studio if necessary. Also when in the process of purchasing direct can you book your first visit? Is it the day of closing? When you put the deposit down? Or after closing? TIA!!!:goodvibes

When buying direct you should have access to points within a day or two of signing the paperwork. Since Disney has control of the sale they allow that with direct. I suggest calling your guide if you have questions about that.

When buying direct you should have access to points within a day or two of signing the paperwork. Since Disney has control of the sale they allow that with direct. I suggest calling your guide if you have questions about that.

Awesome!! thanks for the quick response! Our guide had said immediately after closing we could book but I was just wondering what the real deal is! I have no reason not to believe him but I wanted to check on here!

Thanks!!

Just finally catching up with real life after 17 days of Disney!

Started off leaving on Thanksgiving Day for 3 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. Nice slow start... Slept in most mornings, and DGF didn't leave the room one day.

Then, 7 days on the Disney Magic for Podcast Cruise 5.0. First Disney cruise for both of us, and my first cruise. I'm hooked. Love DCL. Rebooked on board.

As the cruise was winding down, day 5, we went to the DVC session in the afternoon. I've been looking into DVC for about a year. It was all new to DGF. Ended up going to talk to a Guide one-on-one, and bought 125 points at VGF!

After the cruise, we headed to the airport, and met DGFs mother, and then had a week at WDW, staying off-site. We made arrangements with our Guide to see the Aulani and VGF demo units at SSR. Something about buying DVC sight-unseen...

Anyway, enjoyed the free water and pastries while waiting for our Guide. We also discussed money, and add-ons, and points. Ended up rewriting the contract for 150 points! :cool1::artist:

They were offering backdated 2014 points for VGF and extra points at Aulani on the cruise, in case anyone is interested. After reading all about direct vs resale and use years and everything, Disney always has a way of making things easy!

--EasyD

Just finally catching up with real life after 17 days of Disney!

Started off leaving on Thanksgiving Day for 3 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. Nice slow start... Slept in most mornings, and DGF didn't leave the room one day.

Then, 7 days on the Disney Magic for Podcast Cruise 5.0. First Disney cruise for both of us, and my first cruise. I'm hooked. Love DCL. Rebooked on board.

As the cruise was winding down, day 5, we went to the DVC session in the afternoon. I've been looking into DVC for about a year. It was all new to DGF. Ended up going to talk to a Guide one-on-one, and bought 125 points at VGF!

After the cruise, we headed to the airport, and met DGFs mother, and then had a week at WDW, staying off-site. We made arrangements with our Guide to see the Aulani and VGF demo units at SSR. Something about buying DVC sight-unseen...

Anyway, enjoyed the free water and pastries while waiting for our Guide. We also discussed money, and add-ons, and points. Ended up rewriting the contract for 150 points! :cool1::artist:

They were offering backdated 2014 points for VGF and extra points at Aulani on the cruise, in case anyone is interested. After reading all about direct vs resale and use years and everything, Disney always has a way of making things easy!

--EasyD

I hate to mention this but based on your UY that you selected, you probably bought those back dated points. This is a common Guide selling spiel.

Have fun with your ownership! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

We have been going to Disney for a while and have rented points the last 2 trips. On our last day, 12/7, we took the DVC tour and became members at The Villas at Grand Floridian. We have already booked our trip for October 2 - 10 2015!!! :banana:

I hate to mention this but based on your UY that you selected, you probably bought those back dated points. This is a common Guide selling spiel.

Have fun with your ownership! :thumbsup2

I had a feeling something like that was going on. I sort of wish the Guide had explained the whole UY thing better. I've read about it quite a bit, but it's still a little hazy for me. But it's all good, I certainly intend to have fun!!!

D

Hello everyone! I hardly ever post on DIS so forgive me if I mess this up! :)

We bought 150 points at VGF last January and will finally get to stay in our DVC home next week!! I am sooo excited!! We will have 2 studios with standard view since there will be 5 adults. I find conflicting info where I browse around different information sites. Has anyone been there very recently, and can you tell me if the studios do or DO NOT have toasters? I will placing an order for Garden Grocer and want to know if I can order things like English muffins. When I spoke with member services they said there aren't, yet somewhere else I read there are toasters. Thanks!!

All the photos I have seen, there is a toaster.

BTW if you have time.... the Walmart is much cheaper then the online grocery place. There is a Wal-Mart near the resort.

Hello everyone! I hardly ever post on DIS so forgive me if I mess this up! :)

We bought 150 points at VGF last January and will finally get to stay in our DVC home next week!! I am sooo excited!! We will have 2 studios with standard view since there will be 5 adults. I find conflicting info where I browse around different information sites. Has anyone been there very recently, and can you tell me if the studios do or DO NOT have toasters? I will placing an order for Garden Grocer and want to know if I can order things like English muffins. When I spoke with member services they said there aren't, yet somewhere else I read there are toasters. Thanks!!

Yes there should be a toaster. If it's missing, just give housekeeping a call.

Thanks to all of you that responded to my question about the toaster!! Kittyab: thanks for the Walmart suggestion! If we were going to have a car I would go there for sure, however; since we're flying in, and taking advantage of the Magical Express from MCO we will need to check out Garden Grocer.

I don't think I'm going to get too much food, since it is only a kitchenette but I figure it would be good to have a few things on hand for an easy breakfast or if we don't feel like leaving the room after a long day in the parks

WMCYIP: It seems Gasparilla Grill is a place to get a quick bite at any hour? Did you happen to go in there in your recent stay?
I need to spend the next few days really reading more about the GF. We have never stayed at the GF resort prior to buying DVC. Have tried about 6 others, but this will our first time at GF. :)

I must say it's nice to see all the good things that have been posted about the VGF. Looks like biggest 'complaint' is the lack of storage but I can deal with that for 7 days.

We're planning on using the amazon pantry service for essentials like water. This trip we won't have a car, and we're not staying super long so we don't need many things but since we're going in September water is a must.

We ate at the quick service this past September when we were there staying at Contemporary. It's our favorite, I think if I remember though they only serve hot food certain from a certain time to a certain time, however they do have a cooler of foods/fruits/cupcakes

Easyd;

We are also new to DVC and VGF!! We went to WDW last January and decided to do one of the tours. I had been curious about DVC for quite some time since my brother and sister-in-law have been members for about 10 years (at SSR). Needless to say, we loved the demo units and decided to go with VGF for 150 points also! Since we closed by end of Jan we were given the points from august '13 and of course, we picked up the 150 in Aug. of '14. This worked out great since we knew we wouldn't be going until Jan of '15 so 300 points was more than enough to get 2 standard studios (5 adults are going) plus I will be banking 50 for next year. Hoping to get a short trip in to get to the F&W festival.

We leave middle of next week and I am beyond excited!! Can't wait to stay in my new 'piece of paradise'! We have stayed at CB, Poly, Contemporary, Swan, and last year at the POP. Going to the GF will be quite a difference from the POP for sure:cool1:

On our next visit we plan to be there for 2 weeks. We plan on having a quick breakfast in the room, of course we get bottle water and lots of adult beverages ;)

I find Wal-Mart is a good place to get t shirts and stuff animals. The last time we were there I got my dd a Minnie mouse head band (ears) she preferred the ones at Wal-Mart then to the park. (more comfortable)

We plan to rent a car for our first day to stock the room and maybe explore Orlando. It is cheaper to do that, then get a cab.

Maross6284
Yes, the grill is the place to get quick meals 24hrs a day. We also walked to the Poly to use their quick service as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter