Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

We sold all our SSR points this week to buy a few more VGF points. We love OKW & BCV too and own at both. So now the plan is to rotate 10 days every 3rd year...OKW GV, VGF 2BRM Lake view, & BCV 2BRM. I'm so glad we bought VGF.
It was our favorite WDW hotel and they did a great job with the DVC portion.

Agree. If they would just add club level services it would be perfect! ::yes::

Gotta ask, housekeeping.... do you have to get the service? Or can you clean your room before leave?

What is expected? We will be there for 2 weeks, I was just thinking of fresh linens after a week.

Gotta ask, housekeeping.... do you have to get the service? Or can you clean your room before leave?

What is expected? We will be there for 2 weeks, I was just thinking of fresh linens after a week.

You will get a full cleaning on the forth day, trash and towel on day eight, another full cleaning on day twelve.

A full cleaning includes fresh bed linens.

:earsboy: Bill

Easyd;

We are also new to DVC and VGF!! We went to WDW last January and decided to do one of the tours. I had been curious about DVC for quite some time since my brother and sister-in-law have been members for about 10 years (at SSR). Needless to say, we loved the demo units and decided to go with VGF for 150 points also! Since we closed by end of Jan we were given the points from august '13 and of course, we picked up the 150 in Aug. of '14. This worked out great since we knew we wouldn't be going until Jan of '15 so 300 points was more than enough to get 2 standard studios (5 adults are going) plus I will be banking 50 for next year. Hoping to get a short trip in to get to the F&W festival.

We leave middle of next week and I am beyond excited!! Can't wait to stay in my new 'piece of paradise'! We have stayed at CB, Poly, Contemporary, Swan, and last year at the POP. Going to the GF will be quite a difference from the POP for sure:cool1:
Is this right? You got 2013 points, as well as 2014 points if you close by end of January?! If yes, we will buy here instead of PVB

Does Amazon pantry have it's own membership fee? We have Prime but I think there is an extra fee to join Pantry?

No. If you have Prime, you'll have access to Prime Pantry. It's not the same as Prime though. There is a shipping fee, and it's not 2-day shipping. In October, I ordered some water and granola bars to be delivered to BWV and it took about 4-5 business days.

What comes with the room? Do I need to buy coffee filters and coffee? I heard something about paper plates?

I dont want to buy supplies I dont need to.

If staying in VGF and using the gym in the Senses Spa building, does anybody know if you can also use the locker rooms? or are they for Spa guests only?

What comes with the room? Do I need to buy coffee filters and coffee? I heard something about paper plates? I dont want to buy supplies I dont need to.

Here is what comes in a studio

Kitchen

Beverage Glasses 4
Can Opener
Coffee
Coffee Maker
Coffee Mugs 4
Corkscrew
Dish Soap
Dish Towel
Ice Bucket

Paper Bowls 4
Paper Plates 4
Plastic Forks 4
Plastic Knives 4
Plastic Spoons 4

Recycle Basket
Sponge
Toaster
Waste Basket
Sugar Basket

Closet

Broom
Graco Pack n Play w/Sheet
Hanger Regular 10
Hanger Skirt 4
Iron
Ironing Board
Luggage Rack
Vacuum Cleaner

Items Available Upon Request and Based on Availability

Bed Rails
Blankets
Blender
Decaf Coffee
Hangers
High Chair
Pillows
Voltage Converter

Also included intially: Facial and Bath Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel.
Towels for Number of Registered Guests.

What comes with the room? Do I need to buy coffee filters and coffee? I heard something about paper plates? I dont want to buy supplies I dont need to.

Here's what comes in a 1 or 2 bdr

Kitchen Drawers

Bottle Opener
Bread Knife
Can Opener
Corkscrew
Cutlery Tray
Dinner Forks 8
Dinner Knives 8
Measuring Spoon set
Paring Knife
Roaster Slicer
Salad Forks 8
Serving Fork
Slotted Spoon
Serving Spoon
Soup Ladle
Soup Spoons 8
Spatula
Sponge
Steak Knives 8
Tablespoons 2
Teaspoons 8
Tongs 1
Vegetable Peeler
Whisk

Bedroom Closet

Blankets 2
Graco Pack n Play with Sheet
Hangers Regular 10
Hangers Skirt 4
Iron and Ironing Board
Laundry Basket
Pillows 2
Vacuum Cleaner

Laundry Area

Broom
Dust Pan
Laundry Soap
Mop

Items Available Upon Request and Based on Availability

Bed Rails
Blender
Decaf Coffee
Electric Mixer
Hangers
High Chair
Pillows
Salt and Pepper
Tea
Voltage Converter

Also included intially: Facial and Bath Soap, Shampoo,
Conditioner, Shower Gel.
Towels for Number of Registered Guests.

Returned last Wednesday from our first trip home to VGF. I'm hooked! We had four nights in a standard view one bedroom and it was wonderful to have all the space. All four us enjoyed the GF and its shops, restaurants and service. My DH and DD7 have gluten allergies and the CMs at the GF Cafe, Gasparilla, and Narcoossees were wonderful. Staff at the Villas were lovely, the greeters, bell services, concierge, activities CMs, and mouse keeping were all very gracious.

Returned last Wednesday from our first trip home to VGF. I'm hooked! We had four nights in a standard view one bedroom and it was wonderful to have all the space. All four us enjoyed the GF and its shops, restaurants and service. My DH and DD7 have gluten allergies and the CMs at the GF Cafe, Gasparilla, and Narcoossees were wonderful. Staff at the Villas were lovely, the greeters, bell services, concierge, activities CMs, and mouse keeping were all very gracious.

Micheleq, I am so happy to hear this! My daughter and I are gluten free and staying in the villas in May. Do you happen to know if the pool bar and grills offered GF options or buns or only Gasparilla for quick service. So excited!!

Micheleq, I am so happy to hear this! My daughter and I are gluten free and staying in the villas in May. Do you happen to know if the pool bar and grills offered GF options or buns or only Gasparilla for quick service. So excited!!

We didn't ask at the pool grill by the Villas but our experience at SSR in November was that the pool grills don't have separate spaces for gluten free prep and cooking. Gasparilla was a short walk and they sent a manager out each time to take their order. They made GF chicken nuggets, fries, and flatbreads. My husband joked that it was so nice that they promoted that they were "GF" all over the resort on the logo ;) You'll have a great time! Enjoy! They also had great GF meals at California Grill, Kona Cafe (lunch), and La Hacienda in Epcot.

If staying in VGF and using the gym in the Senses Spa building, does anybody know if you can also use the locker rooms? or are they for Spa guests only?

Yes you can use the locker rooms. We did last summer.

Yes you can use the locker rooms. We did last summer.

Either there's been a change in policy or you got some pixie dust because when we stayed there you could only use the locker room at the spa if you were having a treatment. The gym area was separate and if you needed a changing room or shower you had to use the one by the pool by the villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter