• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dr. Cinderella's Happily Ever After! WP/GF 2/14/12- End of Honeymoon & Trip Report!

I agree with Ann..as soon as I saw your pics, I had engagement session jealousy...your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Misty did an amazing job...I have bright pink shoes like yours for my wedding shoes :thumbsup2

How many guests will you have? I think 40 pages should be more than enough. I think ours has 22 pages but the pictures are laid out in a way that allows a lot of writing space. So if you wanted to do more pictures, I think 40 pages would be good.

I think it's nice to get some printed up and framed. I did two 8x10 and I put them in a big matted frame and they look really nice. The frames are maybe 12x16 and the mats are included. Right now they are sitting behind the tv, but hopefully in the house we'll find a spot for them.

I would definitely do a site visit, especially since you'll be down there. I really wish we had even though I think we would have still chosen the same locations, it would have been nice to have a mental picture (and real pictures!) of what the rooms look like.

And I'm jealous you'll be there during the holidays, one of these days we'll go when the decorations are up.

Your engagement pictures are gorgeous! Misty did a really great job! I love your pink shoes.

Loving everything so far!! And love your engagement photos!! I'm getting mine done this Sunday at GF/WP/POLY and still haven't really decided what I want to wear. I was leaning towards jeans and a white shirt but I like that you have a cute white dress. So I will be going shopping tomorrow to see if I can find something I like before Sunday. lol If not I will have to stick with my jeans and white shirt.

I'm also a 2012 bride. We're aming for June. We just had our Site visit and it was awsome! Can't wait to keep reading along with your plans.:banana:

Thanks everyone for the shoe compliments! I almost didnt wear them because my Mom said they didnt match though! I think they turned out super fun though! Thanks for reading along!

first things first... i NEED to have those shoes :)
my colors are almost the smae.. I'm doing a fuschia, light pink and black instead of silver and will have sparkles on anything and everything.

I am loving your PJ so far! Your engagement pics turned our GORGEOUS! You guys make such a cute couple. We had engagement pics done here in Minneapolis but I also wanted to have some done by Misty so we could meet her before our wedding but DF vetoed this:sad2: so I'm super jealous:headache: All your dresses are super cute and I love the pink shoes as well- super fun! Love your bridesmaid dresses- they will definately be able to wear those again! Also I would love to see you in your dress... when I clicked the link it went to the Maggie site but not a specific dress. I'm sure it's gorgeous- all her dresses are. And congrats on med-school, being a RN I have a ton of respect for all the time and dedication it takes to get through med school and residency- and then I'm really thankful that I didn't do it:rotfl: You will do fine though and will be so happy you started the planning process early:thumbsup2

Hi Adelia!
Thanks for reading, I love reading your PJ too! Thanks for the compliments on the photos, we just loved Misty, she and her husband were amazing to work with! You will be really happy with your choice! That's weird about the link to my dress, I think I fixed it but I will put the photo of me in my dress back up for a bit. I took it down because I am paranoid DF will accidently see it! Im sure he would never look on purpose, so maybe Ill keep it up, I cant decide haha. Thats awesome that you are in the medical field too! My fiance is in school to be an RN as well, he will be done next year. Medical school is pretty tough, but I really enjoy it and cant wait to start working in the hospitals full time in June instead of sitting in classes all day! I figured it would be a good idea to start some wedding planning before I get crazy busy then though!
Marissa :goodvibes

I have all of my accessories already, so I thought I would share them! The veil and tiara I got from the bridal shop when I bought my dress, they are both made with Swarovski crystals and really sparkly. The other three jewelry pieces are by Kirstie Kelly and Chris bought them for me as part of gifts for Christmas, my birthday, and our anniversary this year! He had seen me staring at them online all the time! Im going to wear earrings and a bracelet, no necklace, and the hair comb in the back over the top of my veil. The bridal shoes I saw at another bridal shop where I went to get a crinoline for my dress, I just loved them! I also got a cute bridal clutch as well. Here are some pictures:

Jewelry by Kirstie Kelly for DFTW, Cinderella Collection
CinderellaEarrings.jpg
CinderellaBracelet.jpg
CinderellaHairComb.jpg

Shoes & Clutch
WeddingShoes.jpg
Clutch1.jpg

Tiara & Veil
Tiara2.jpg
SwarovskiVeil.jpg

Love all your accessories - the Kirstie Kelly pieces are so nice - and so wonderful of your DH to get them for you. Love the shoes - they look abit like mine

1d43a158.jpg

Love the little peep toe and love the way the clutch matches the shoes.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Thanks Linda, Adelia, and Sabrina for the compliments! I love all my accessories too!

Bridal Party!

We both have a lot of people we are close to, so our wedding party is going to be pretty big. Chris is probably going to have 7-9 grooms men: my brother, his brother in law, and 6-7 of his best friends he has been really close with since high school, one of whom is his best man. I am going to have 8 bridesmaids I think, my sister is my maid of honor, Chris's sister, my good friend, and my five cousins that I have been best friends with since I was a baby. Chris's sister just had a baby a few months ago, who will be two at our wedding, and she is going to be our flowergirl! Yes she is young, but she will be adorable and can hold her mom's hand down the aisle since she is a bridesmaid. I also think I may want to have Major Domo, in which case we wouldnt need a ring bearer at all right?

Venues!

We are going to have a site visit later in the year but I think I know all the venues I want to use already anyways!

Welcome Party: Illuminations Dessert Party in Italy Plaza West
ItalyPlazaWest.jpg

Rehearsal Meal: Private Room at our favorite restaurant in Disney, the California Grill. Im not sure which room though; I like that you can see the castle from the Napa room, but it has a giant bar, and we wont be having drinks for this event, plus alot of the view is of the top of another building. The Sonoma Room has a nice view of the lake too. Any opinions?

Napa Room
NapaRoom3.jpg

Sonoma Room
CGSonomaRoom2.jpg

Wedding Ceremony: The Wedding Pavilion! We both are in love with it, but I have dreamed about getting married there since I was a little girl.
WeddingPavillionOutside2.jpg

Love this decor!
WeddingPavillionDecor.jpg

Reception: The Whitehall Room, love this room too!
WhitehallWithTulleCanopy.jpg

Pre-reception/Cocktail Hour: This is what Im not sure about, I have four options in mind: the Whitehall Room Patio, the Marina, Sago Cay, or the Summer House. I like the Whitehall Patio but thought it would be nice for guests to get to see another area of the GF too since they will see this patio at the reception. I like the look of the Marina alot, but I dont like those umbrella tables so theyd have to be moved and replaced, and its also not a very private area. Sago Cay is more private and doesnt have those tables, and its also on the water, but I think I'd have to see it in person first. I also like the Summer House, but it has those same casual umbrella tables, it is not privtae again, and its by the pool and I wouldn't want people in bathing suits walking around a fancy party. The bar is great though and its by the beach! So hopefully the site visit will help us decide, and opinions are welcome though!

Whitehall Patio:
Whitehall_Patio7.jpg

Marina:
GFMarina.jpg

Sago Cay:
SagoCayPoint1.jpg

Summerhouse:
Summerhouse.jpg

Flowergirl Dress!

I saw some flower girl dresses that are so cute, I might just have to buy one now so they arent gone by the time I should be ordering them! Our flower girl will be our niece Sienna, who was just born this January but will be 24 months, just turned 2 by the wedding! There are 2 dresses, one pink and one white and I like them both a lot, but I am worried about the pink one not being the same shade of pink as the bridesmaid dress Ive picked, I posted that preveiously. So I think the white would probably be a better choice, what does everyone think Which dress do you like better?I am also slightly worried about ordering now because of the size, obviously it is hard to predict her measurements at 2 when she is only 3 months now! Do you think Id be safe ordering her a size 2 since she will only be just turned 24 months? The next size up is a 4, but the dimensions arent that much different except for the length according to the size chart. Do you think I should get a 4 just in case, or do you think the 2 will be fine for a just barely 2 year old? Thanks!

SIZE CHEST WAIST LENGTH
02 22" (56cm) 22" (56cm) 25" (64cm)
04 23" (58cm) 23" (58cm) 28" (71cm)

Heres the pictures!
Flowergirldress2PinkMarie.jpg
Flowergirldress3PinkMarie.jpg

They're both absolutely precious. i really like the pink one best. I wouldn't worry about it not matching perfectly to the BM dresses. Then again I want to be the only one in white on my wedding day.

looking back at the BM dresses, I really think the pink one would look just fine with the BM's. Wish Icould help you with the sizing.

Flowergirl Dress!

I saw some flower girl dresses that are so cute, I might just have to buy one now so they arent gone by the time I should be ordering them! Our flower girl will be our niece Sienna, who was just born this January but will be 24 months, just turned 2 by the wedding! There are 2 dresses, one pink and one white and I like them both a lot, but I am worried about the pink one not being the same shade of pink as the bridesmaid dress Ive picked, I posted that preveiously. So I think the white would probably be a better choice, what does everyone think Which dress do you like better?I am also slightly worried about ordering now because of the size, obviously it is hard to predict her measurements at 2 when she is only 3 months now! Do you think Id be safe ordering her a size 2 since she will only be just turned 24 months? The next size up is a 4, but the dimensions arent that much different except for the length according to the size chart. Do you think I should get a 4 just in case, or do you think the 2 will be fine for a just barely 2 year old? Thanks!

SIZE CHEST WAIST LENGTH
02 22" (56cm) 22" (56cm) 25" (64cm)
04 23" (58cm) 23" (58cm) 28" (71cm)

Heres the pictures!
Flowergirldress2PinkMarie.jpg
Flowergirldress3PinkMarie.jpg

Love the one on the left, super cute!!! if you want even more options for flower girl/junior bridesmaid dresses go to www.cutieclothes.com

I LOVE the pink one - just because it's so princessy! I think a size 2 would be fine. Our youngest FG was a little over two and her size 3 dress was a little big.

I like all of your venue pictures!! I feel like a complete idiot - I never knew that sago cay was sago cay. I always thought that sago cay was the lawn on the other side of the bldg. We looked at the lawn with our planner one day and I don't know why but I assumed that was always where the dessert parties were. :rotfl:

I love the winding space. It was the third option for our ceremony location but got ruled out because it was too small. I really liked the idea of having a winding isle. Anyhoo it's perfect for cocktails!!! (and slightly more private than the summerhouse and the marina.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter