Dr. Cinderella's Happily Ever After! WP/GF 2/14/12- End of Honeymoon & Trip Report!

Dr.Cinderella

Mouseketeer
Index:

Introduction and Engagement
Wedding Venues
Decor: Floral, etc Accessories
Stationary: Save the Dates Invitations, Programs, Table Signs
Itineraries: Wedding Week Hooneymoon in Hawaii Planning Session Trip
Dresses: Engagement Bridal and Bridesmaid Flowergirl Flowergirl 2 Other Wedding Events
Rings: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
Bridal Accessories
Our First Trip to Disney: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
Holi-Diz Trip with Dad
Menus
Registry
Bridal Shower Plans
Miscellaneous: Engagement Photos Save the Date Magnet and Guest Book Bridesmaid Cards and Dress Hanger Toasting Flutes More Accessories Bride Clothes
Planning Session Trip: Part 1 Part 2-Planning Session! Part 3
My Bridal Shower!
My Bachelorette Party!

Hi everyone! My name is Marissa and I just turned 24, and my wonderful fiance is Chris and he is 27. We have been together for 6 years and engaged for almost a year now! Well first of all I have learned so much from all of you brides here, so thank you so much!

How we met!
Chris and I met in February 2004 when I was 17 (still in high school!) and he was 20, we were working at the Roadhouse Grill, I was a hostess and he was a server, and we had our first kiss in the freezer haha about a month after I started working there! A month later we were officially dating, and have been crazy in love ever since! He is most defintiely the best thing to ever happen to me : )

Our Engagement!
We got engaged almost a year ago on March 28th, 2009 then we left the next morning for a week long Caribbean cruise to celebrate! It was all beyond amazing. So heres the story: I was getting ready to start packing for our trip on Saturday morning and Chris told me I would have to pack later, because he had a suprise for me. He is very romantic and surprises me a lot, so I was not suspicious at all the entire day. First he took me out to lunch, and then for ice cream (my favorite!) at this cute little ice cream parlor, and then to a very nice swimwear store (where I have never been before bc it is very expensive lol) to buy me a new suit for our trip. It was an amazing day already. Then he told me that he had one more suprise for me but I had to be blindfolded. He drove around with me blindfolded (and scared haha) for a while and then we got out and he leaded me somewhere. When he told me to take off the blindfold we were in front of the waterfall in a local park where we had taken our pictures before my senior prom 5 years earlier and he was down on one knee! He was crying and I was in complete shock, but it was so beautiful and incredible. I hadnt noticed at first but there was a whole crowd of people in the park watching and clapping, and Chris's Dad was taking pictures of the whole thing! It was absolutely the best day of my life! The ring was his mothers which she is passing down to us, and it is 3 round diamonds, 2.5 carats all together, with white gold and is just beautiful! So now I am engaged to my best friend and the love of my life, and I am so happy!

Here's my Ring!
Ring.jpg

Here's some photos from our engagement!
Engagement1.jpg

Engagement2.jpg

Engagement3.jpg

Engagement4.jpg

And our cruise too!
Cruise2.jpg

Cruise1.jpg

Cruise3.jpg

Cruise4.jpg

General Wedding Plans!
We are planning on getting married in February of 2012, although not sure on the exact date yet, so a bit less than 2 years from now. I wish we didn’t have to wait so long, but I am a medical student, almost done with my second year, and don’t have any vacation time until my fourth year! Chris is a massage therapist (score for me! lol) but is in school now to be an RN, so he will be done next year and working in time to save for the wedding! I want to get married at the Wedding Pavilion, and have our reception at the GF- Whitehall Room and Patio with possibly the cocktail hour at the GF Marina. I have wanted to get married at the WP since I was about 12! My family are DVC members and a bunch of Disney freaks so we have gone every year since I was like 2! Chris hasn’t been since he was young, but just wants what will make me happy (Bless his heart) so has agreed to make my dreams come true! We are going to Disney together for the first time over our Spring Break in April, and I can’t wait to show him everything! I am thinking Hot Pink, a lighter Pink, and Silver for the colors with a subtle "Happily Ever After" theme with touches of sparkle (I am a Pink and Sparkle Girl haha), so I have also made an inspiration board with my ideas.

Here it is:
InspirationBoard-1.jpg

I feel like I have got way too much planned already for being so far away still, but I am pretty Type A and have dreamed about my wedding my entire life! But it is also good because next year I am going to be insanely busy with school! I can’t wait to share the rest of our plans over the next two years and read along with everyone else’s as well! Thanks again for all your inspiration!

Marissa :goodvibes

Welcome to the boards and congrats!!! :cool1:When I started my PJ we were a little less then 2 yrs out and about 3 months ago decided not wait for our "Marriage Celebration" anymore and moved it up.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans and love your inspiration board. :thumbsup2

Welcome!! Congrats on your engagement. Your board looks great, the color choices work together nicely! I totally understand about school getting in the way of deciding when to get married - we decided to have the wedding before I finish grad school simply because I could get the time off easier. So we've only had an 8 month engagement. Sort of the opposite from you!

Looking forward to hearing more. :banana: popcorn::

Yay, you started your PJ! :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to following along. Everything looks great so far. I think the colors will be beautiful and I love sparkly things too!

What a sweet proposal story and your ring is beautiful. You guys make such a cute couple! :cutie:

looking forward to hearing more!

well it's about time girl! you've been posting on here for awhile now. Congrats.
Love your engagement photos :goodvibes

I am so glad you started your PJ cant wait to hear more. I love the inspiration board

Thanks for the welcome girls! I was wondering when I should contact Disney for the first time? As I mentioned, Chris and I will be visiting in April and plan on visiting the Wedding Pavilion and maybe Franck's if its open but I wasn't sure if I should schedule a meeting with someone there or not? At that point we will be about 22 months away, and I have read on here thatyou can get "penciled in" at about 18 months so should I try to do that while I am there? I also wondered if maybe we should schedule a site visit, but we will only be in Disney for 4 days and want to go to all 4 parks since Chris hasnt been since he was little, so I dont want to eat up a ton of time. Im also not sure its necessary because I am pretty sure about the locations I want. I am also going back to Disney at Christmas time with my Dad in mid-Decemeber so I could always do a site visit then too, but Chris wont be with me then. Any suggestions? Should I just call around 18 months in the summer?

I'm so glad you started your PJ. Your story is so romantic and the ring is beautiful. It sounds like you have a ton of things already planned for you and Chris with all 4 parks in 4 days. Maybe you'll have more time when you come with your father to do the site visits and since you already know where you want your locations, you and Chris could probably visit them on your own.

I'm excited to read more.:goodvibes

Suze

I love your colour scheme and e-ring! I too feel the pressure of wedding planning and being a student. I have been planning a wedding and finishing a thesis this year...I can't imagine juggling it with medical school, but I am sure you will be fine!

I really love that you got some pictures of your engagement, in such a nice setting!

What a cute couple!! Congrats on the wedding planning! 2 years might seem like a long time, but it will be here before you know it! DH is in med school (will graduate in May) and we had to wait until his fourth year to get married also!

what cruise did you go on?

Lovely story! I'm getting married in May of 2012 and just posted my PJ yesterday. I also have almost every detail planned. I can't wait to hear more!

Dresses!!

I tried on a ton of dresses so I will just do a summary of my favorites. I started looking at dresses this summer because this summer was the last bit of free time I am going to have for a while so I wanted to take advantage! All the dresses I liked in the magazines were all Maggie Sottero's so I knew I was going to be a Maggie bride! My Mom and I went to a Maggie Trunk Show that was a couple hours away from my hometown so I could try on lots of them! I will post a few of my favorites, and the winner I chose and bought already! As you will be able to tell from the photos, I was going for the ultimate princess style gowns!

Hampton, liked this one
img_0270.jpg

Cambria Marie, loved this one
img_0256.jpg

Victoriana, loved this one too
img_0409.jpg

And the winner...Lavina Royale by Maggie Sottero! I am so in love with my dress! I especially love the princess style of it and the "bling" too! It is so perfect!! http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....eywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3176 I removed the photo of me in it just in case Chris should see this page, but you can PM if you want to see it!

I also think I may have found the perfect bridesmaid dresses already! I saw this Mori Lee one I loved a while ago and my Mom ended up buying it for me for my birthday last month! I took a picture playing "bridesmaid" in it. I love the shade of pink and how it is short and fun and the girls can wear them again. What do you girls think? Do you think they are formal enough with my dress? I am going to have 6 bridesmaids. Here's a couple pictures. I just love this dress!

IMG_0992.jpg

Your dress is fabulous! And the bridesmaid's dresses are very nice as well. I think they're formal enough for the ceremony. They look nice, can wear them again, and they look comfortable as well.

Engagement Shoot Dress:

We are planning on getting engagement photos taken at the Grand Floridian while on vacation, and I want to wear a white dress but I keep changing my mind about which dress because I have a lot of white dresses! Now I have my choices down to two, so maybe I could get some advice to help me decide. Also, Chris will be wearing a white short sleeve button up with khaki shorts most likely.

img_1035.jpg
img_1036.jpg

Which does everyone like better? Thanks for your help!
Marissa

Firstly i love your chosen wedding dress, it really suits you.

For your engagement shoot i prefer the first one as it shows off your figure better.

Rachel
x

I like dress two personally, but you look fantastic in both. Dress two has some lovely detail. For dress one I think a nice necklace is needed for me to like it as much.

Of the two, I'd go with the first. As the above poster said, it shows off your figure better, and the second one sort of looks like a nightie.:confused3

Keep us updated!

I am soo glad you started your PJ!!!!!!! First of all I LOVE your dress! I also really love your BMs dress. I would have never ever thought to do the same shade of pink flowers but I really like it. If I had seen it before our wedding I would have totally copied.

As for the two dresses. I am voting #1. I think its feels more GFy. However this is my advice. Take both and let the photographer choose. Thats what I did for our photoshoot on Castaway Cay and I think it worked well. I was much more confident because I trusted Jensey more than I trusted myself!!

I can't wait to read more! and you had mentioned in my TR that you wanted to see a Castle wedding. I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't seen it that Carly did a spotlight on a castle wedding. If you go to www.disneyweddingblog.com you can click on the bottom left picture. I can tell you though that they aren't at all flexible about location and you are required to use the Landau coach you can't have Cinderellas Coach. We probably still would have done it if the castle wasn't covered in scaffolding and if the moats had water.

Talk to you laters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter