Downtown Disney Resorts

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Can you walk to Downtown Disney from all of them? Do they all have busing to the parks? Any have a pool slide, pool side activities? I know there is a Hilton and Holiday Inn but I really don't know much more- maybe a doubletree?

Hilton at Downtown Disney is your best choice. Easy walk to Downtown Disney, and they have buses at the hotel that will take you to the parks. You also get access to Extra Magic Hours at the Hilton, which is the only non-Disney hotel where this perk is available.

An added benefit, if you are comfortable with Priceline, this hotel USUALLY comes up pretty regularly.

Hilton at Downtown Disney is your best choice. Easy walk to Downtown Disney, and they have buses at the hotel that will take you to the parks. You also get access to Extra Magic Hours at the Hilton, which is the only non-Disney hotel where this perk is available.

An added benefit, if you are comfortable with Priceline, this hotel USUALLY comes up pretty regularly.

Hilton is the only DTD hotel which gives access to Extra Magic Hours. I know the Swan and Dolphin also offer EMH. SoG used to offer EMH, not sure if they still do.

Absolutely no way to guarantee you'll get the Hilton on PL. There are other resorts in the same zone which participate with PL. Hilton frequently has the lowest PL price. You can bid lower and have some expectation of either winning the Hilton or not getting anything but it can backfire. The PL hotels in that zone are all good. Don't use PL if you want the Hilton in order to take advantage of EMH and will be unhappy with any other hotel.

^ Yes, the Hilton is the only DTD to offer EMH. I assumed bc the thread said DTD Hotels that was clear, but I should have specified.

And you're correct re Priceline. It's a risk, but it seems to hit more than other hotels in its category in that area. There are no guarantees though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter