Downtown Disney area - Crossroads?

beansprout

Earning My Ears
I will be staying at a downtown disney hotel on my upcoming trip to wdw..I was wondering if anyone knows what the "Crossroads" outside of disney are? I have read that its like a shopping area outside of the gates near Downtown Disney.
Has anyone been there?

It's a small strip mall type of setup-we've only been for groceries (I think it's a Goodings) and to eat at Hooters (not my choice :) ) at SR 535 and Hotel Plaza Blvd in Lake Buena Vista-sort of at the end of the downtown disney resort area. I think there's a Taco Bell there too. Maybe someone else can fill in some blanks.

There's a Red Lobster, Olive Garden those types of restaurants too. I think there are a few other small stores around where the grocery store is. We stayed at at Hampton Inn over in that area on our trip down this year.

Thanks! Since my hotel is right near the gates leading to outside the world, I was hoping that there were some alternative food options there! I remember going to a Perkins within walking distance from the hotel last time (Best Western Lake Bueana Vista) but I don't recall anything else that was there!

yes there is a Perkins - also MacDonald's....

there is a wendy's and chicknfil - but there are up the road about a 1mile - close to Sheraton's Vistana.

there's Cee Cee Pizza, Jungle Jim's, Olive Garden,Chilli's,up the road there's a Steak n' Shake, chinese place. hope this helps. :flower:

The grocery store in crossroads is Goodings and is very hig priced for items but very convient . I beleive there is also TGI Fridays in the plaza.

Just curious if any of these things mentioned in this thread are walking distance from downtown disney?

aengus said:
Just curious if any of these things mentioned in this thread are walking distance from downtown disney?

I have stayed at the Lake Buena Vista before (and I will be staying there again on my upcoming trip)...I do remember walking across that large street right outside of the gates to dine at perkins..it is however, a very large street..and often times we would have to pick up the pace to a very fast walk in order to make it across! But is is relatively walkable. =)

There is also a Quiznos, subway, Burgerking, IHOP, and many other areas to eat. About a 1/2 mile up the road is a Winn Dixie, DO NOT GO TO GOODINGS for your groceries, you will come out of there short an arm and a leg.

I would not walk from DD to Crossroads.

We walked to the Crossroads from DTD last November and it's true about the busy road, but the sign counts down the seconds so you know how fast you have to move to get across. Read very fast :) ! We went twice, once to get some more water at Goodings and it was a long but doable walk. Then one early evening we really wanted to try Chevy's for dinner, so we walked it again :flower: . I'm confused about all the different places that everyone mentions however and I'm guessing that since it's called crossroads, that there are actually 4 strip malls, or perhaps two, and they are really spread out? Can that be right because we didn't see all that much. Chevy's though was really good, and huge portions :goodvibes ! Great prices too!

We have stayed at the Best Western before and have walked to the Crossroads (strollers and all) with no problems. The road 535 is busy but there are lights and a crosswalk. It is VERY doable!!
It is actually more of a hassle to take your car since the traffic on 535 and Hotle Plaza Dr gets very busy - especially at night. :moped: :moped: :moped: It was actually quicker for us to walk, believe it or not. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter