• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Double stroller small, big, lay down, sit up....

G2MAmber

Work at Gateway To Magic
Okay we are going to Disney in November with a 2 and 1 year old!!! We are so excited my hubby and I are huge Disney fans and cannot wait!!! So obviously your trip changes significantly with kids!!! Now we are always thinking about naps, diaper changing, what to bring in the park, where the stroller parking is etc... Kind of funny how kids do that to ya!!!

So I need some advice on strollers! I like the side by side double stroller versus the front to back double stroller. We purchased a side by side but it seems so wide now... Will it be hard to navigate around the park in and out of stores? Also we have a Really cheap version we got at a garage sale $10 but it doesn't offer near the comfort or lay back feature as our newer stroller which is incredibly bulky.... I just can't figure out what would be better to take.

The bulky stroller is just so bulky and heavy but does offer great comfort for the kids and would be easy to nap in.

The small versions is more like an umbrella stroller the seats don't recline, does not offer a lot of shade, but is so much lighter and folds up smaller, no tray for snacks either....

What would you take and why?

Thanks so much guys!!!

It depends on your preference but for me I would choose the larger one that would allow them to sleep a little more in the stroller. With the fall hours being shorter then I like to stay in the park as much as possible and kids being able to nap in the stroller would be needed for that. Once you are in the park you don't really need to fold and unfold the stroller at all. As long as you are in walking distance from the park that probably wouldn't be an issue. Also with a laying down stroller you could probably change wet diapers in the stroller with a changing pad and not have to always go into the changing rooms. If you are flying I think that would probably be the worst part.

We just used our Combi Twin (side by side) in May for our 4 yr old and 1.5 yr old. And LOVED it!

Its not really all that wide, no problems getting through the parks with it. Just be prepared to use main doors, not the little side/single doors on the stores (we got stuck @ one on Main St Bakery).

There are a lot of people on the boards that recommend the baby jogger city mini double (which is also a side by side) but more $$ than our combi.

Also Combi Twin has a flat recline, and compact fold... they are on sale at albeebaby.com for $180 right now.

We rented a Baby Jogger City Mini Double for our disney trip, and having never previously used a Double, I was a bit worried about how difficult it would be. I loved the stroller, it was fine except for when people would just stop directly in front of me, but that happens with any stroller. I loved the stroller so much that after my daughter had an accident and our stroller didn't work, I bought a BJCM Single.

We use our big double side by side that is comfy for the kids (and us to push). Also the convenience of the snack and drink tray is not to be left out. Especially with the ages of your children I would go for the one you can recline. Even my three year old still often crashes while be held in a line or while on certain rides or shows. We have no problem getting through the doors or through park entrance/exit gates. It's a tight squeeze, but do-able!

I'd probably take the bigger one even though I hate front back doubles. I took a cheap umbrella dbl once and I was stepping on the back of it constantly. Argh! Kids will be better if they are more comfortable, too!

Thank you so much!!!! I guess you have all made my decision easy! Double stroller it is!!! We are driving so we will fit it in the van pretty easily! thanks everybody!!!

We have had 3 doubles.

Our 1st was a Graco Duo Glider, a front to back. It was great when my son was 1st born because it had full recline and was compatible with the car seat, but the thing is HUGE. It would have been a giant pain in WDW, besides, once they were both sitting up (my daughter is 16m older) no one wanted to sit in the back.

We then got a Combi Twin. We loved it. It's a side by side, folded easily and compactly, and had full recline. It was great for WDW. "Somehow" it got broken. It's strange how no-one knows how it got broken, but it did.

We now have a Peg Perego Aria Twin. We were going to get another Combi, but my daughter's legs are very long (she is very tall) so we were afraid of them dragging when she fell asleep in the Combi. The Peg is great. It folds even more compactly than the Combi and it is very light.

We have never had trouble with doorways.

City Mini double! I have a four year old,a two year old,and a seven month old,and I love it. I have two other strollers, and this is my favorite. It is really lightweight,has a super easy fold,a full recline,peek-a--boo windows,and it fits through a single door with no problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter