Double Pooh Sized Guest

I am double Pooh Sized. I have had very little problems with any attractions at Disney. I have not ridden Mission Space yet (I was waiting for the Chicken version) but Soarin was NO problem at all! Test Track was no problem either. My suggestion is, anything with a lap belt, pull the belt all the way out before you sit down. Then your friend should have no problem closing the belt. I also had no problem with RnR. Honestly, the most uncomfortable attractions were ones that had auditorium seating; like Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Philharmagic and those weren't horrible.

Tell your friend to go and have no worries! Honestly Disney is the most accomodating park I've been to being Pooh sized! I spent my first trip as an adult worried about not fitting on rides and had no problems whatsoever. You really can be any size to enjoy the magic of Disney! That's just one of the things I love about it! :thumbsup2

btuftee said:
Honestly though, and not to hurt anyone's feelings, the term "double pooh-sized" doesn't exactly convey a lot of information as to the person's true size. A better way of describing would be to indicate what sorts of activities she can participate in, does she need two airline seats, what car does she drive, etc? That's probably a lot more helpful than a colorful euphemism.

Great point.

Depending on how obese and tall your friend is, many of the coasters may be no-gos.

I saw one park sign last week somewhere that said something like (paraphrasing) "this ride not suitable for extremely overweight people," but I can't remember what ride it was for-- maybe BTMRR or EE or TowerT or TestT or RNR?

Since there is so such info online nowadays about WDW, I would bet there is a page somewhere that breaks it down by girth or width allowed for each ride.

Jennasmomma said:
One of the people in my party is double pooh sized. What rides would she have a hard time on? She wants to really ride Mission Space and Soarin. Thanks.

I don't have experience with these two rides, but I would be happy to answer any other questions about navigating the parks as a larger person. Feel free to ask.

The only thing I have tried that I can't fit in is the seats in the Playhouse Disney theater in MGM. There are several bench seats in the back that worked great.

Please tell your friend not to hesitate using the gates instead of turnstiles. Just walk right up like you know what you're doing. No one will bother you. :wizard:

I'm 5'6", 235 and I had no trouble with any rides at all. I went on Mission Space, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, etc.
I love Disney!

And I also would rather be called fat than obese or double pooh sized. Let's not be hothouse flowers people.

Allearsnet has a great secition on this. they even have ride vehicle photos. Another great source of info is a book guide - Passporter for Special Needs. That guide covers just about everyone's concerns (mentally/physically impaired is just one area it covers). It covers everything from vegan dining to going with infants that need to nurse. I thinkit evne covers ride vehicle dimensions.

Beyond that, Disney is starting to have ride vehicles outsie of the rides. The only one that comes to mmind is EE. This is one area where Universal has far exceeded Disney, as they have ride vehicles outside of many of their rides.

Your friend will be fine. My husband and I both qualify as pooh sized. He's 6'3" and a 2x-3x, I'm 5'9" and have been there as a size 30/32. We both can ride everything. Read the section of allearsnet.com that was suggested, it is very helpful. Disney is the most accomdating of any theme park I have ever been too for those of us who are bigger then the average Pooh:) Ignore some of the rude and/or ignorant remarks made in this thread, concentrate on the good part-you're friend will have a great time!

Thank you everyone for the help. For those few rude people ...its not a friend. Its my sister that has struggled with her weight since she was 11 but thanks for your compassion all the same.

My sister does alot of walking, but has a desk job. Her car is a small one but she has one of those seatbelt expander things. She did read on allearsnet last night about their WDW at large. She thinks she'll be able to do just about everything she wants to.

She's been to disney once. SHe didnt get to do much because her ex bf is a doofus.

My BIL is double Pooh sized and in 2004 he had no problems going on anything. He carries his weight mostly in the lower belly/hip area, and he did MS at least 4 times and loved it! (Just so you know he has had issues fitting into rides at Six Flags parks and places like that, but not Disney.)

I agree that you should check out allearsnet.com and look at their section on size. People who have trouble tend to find difficulty with the theater seats in the 3D shows and things like that. Also a few of the turnstyles in MK for the older rides like Snow White can be tricky depending on where a person carries his/her weight.

On a sad note, BIL was supposed to come on our family trip next month, but he tripped and fell over the summer, landing with all of his weight on his knee. He broke his kneecap and injured his ankle, which meant he was laid up and had to use up his vacation time for recovery. It breaks my heart that he can't join us! :sad1:

Don't worry about the rude comments, people that have never battled with their weight or have a love one that has, have no clue. I have battled my weight because of my thyroid for the last 5 years...and when I read rude comments about weight it just steams me, GOD only knows the comments that are made about handicapped or just "plain looking" people, at their houses. Go have fun.

As a fat person, I never get offended by what morons on anonymous bulletin boards write.

M. Eisner said:
The term fat is not used anymore. It is obese and morbidly obese. It sounds like your friend is morbidly obese. Many companies, including Disney, have adjusted to the expanding size of Americans by making seats for morbidly obese people.
It's is becoming more common to see obese and morbidly obese people as Americans become lazier. So your friend should have no problems.

And if one was to judge from what you wrote, I guess America is becoming more ignorant too. I gained 100lbs from taking Prednisone for the past 3 years (what can I say, I got used to that whole BREATHING thing) and I probably do more in a day than you do in a week. Think before you open your mouth.
I'd rather be fat than stupid. I may eventually lose the weight,but you'll never grow a brain. And you'll always need to put people down to make yourself feel better.

That was a pretty harsh jab at M. Eisner... I didn't see him attacking anyone personally, or calling anyone brainless. If the epidemic of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc, isn't being helped along by, as M. Eisner put it, "Americans becom[ing] lazier", I'd love to know what the cause is.

Oh, and for the record, "obese" and "morbidly obese" ARE medical terms. You don't hear doctors calling people "fat". They may talk about fat as a macronutrient, but doctors and other medical professionals will generally use the term obese when referring to a person's condition. So, I don't see how M. Eisner's pointing that fact out was any cause to attack him.

Note, I don't even know the guy, I just don't like seeing people attacked for being honest.

btuftee said:
If the epidemic of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc, isn't being helped along by, as M. Eisner put it, "Americans becom[ing] lazier", I'd love to know what the cause is.

Gee I dont know, I'm not a doctor. But my grandfather who was 6"2 and 180lbs died of heart disease. He worked from the age of 16 until he was 70. I also have a cousin who is 10 years old and diabetic. It has nothing to do with laziness. Oh and we're not even Americans LOL..

Obesity can be caused by many other things besides over eating. I'm overweight but I eat less than a 5 year old. No red meat, no milk (that means no ice cream), allergic to seafood, hate anything fried. I've been on medication since I was 3 and some of them slow down metabolism. Now add steroids on top of it and you have me. And I'm pretty damn active.

Point is,unless you KNOW for sure what made someone obese,keep your comments to yourself.

marivaid said:
Point is,unless you KNOW for sure what made someone obese,keep your comments to yourself.

I know this for sure....

political correctness is killing our country and our culture.

Fat = Pooh Sized
Gay = alternative Life style
black = african american
white = well white
midget = small person

the list goes on and on. everyone gets offended to easily.

relax...if I offended you...good, maybe it will motivate you...if not, good I am happy you are pleased with yourself.

BTW, I am 30 pounds TOO FAT and I am not bothered at all by it.

Relax people.

Got Quattro? said:
relax...if I offended you...good, maybe it will motivate you...if not, good I am happy you are pleased with yourself.

Motivate me to do what exactly ? Stop taking medication and stop breathing ?

Got Quattro? said:
I know this for sure....

political correctness is killing our country and our culture.

Fat = Pooh Sized
Gay = alternative Life style
black = african american
white = well white
midget = small person

I need to find that post from the CM about that woman who called a kid "hideously deformed". After all, the kid WAS so I guess to you that means the woman was right to call her that. And to her face, too.
Sorry, I guess I'm just weird, but I dont go around and point out people's medical problems or differences. That would be fun though. I could walk in DWD all day and yell "ACNE!" "DANDRUFFS!","RETARD!","MEXICAN!". Now how cool would that be ? I'm sure people would LOVE it.

By the way I'd love to know how not using the word midget is hurting the American culture. And what's the politically correct way to call someone an a**h**e?

marivaid said:
By the way I'd love to know how not using the word midget is hurting the American culture. And what's the politically correct way to call someone an a**h**e?

I think you may have found the way, Marivaid.

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter