Double Dipping w/a Marine and a Mouse... (Update 9/123 pg25-Flying Home!)

Ok so work is done, in between watching the Olympics im putting clothes away and just doing last minute straighting up. But MAN OH MAN these last few HOURS are killing me. 20more to go thankfully I will be asleep for aprox 7 of them LOL that leaves me with 13, ok not so bad for the next 3 Ill be finishing up laundry. Then tmrw get up get the boys haircuts, get some grocerys. Put up the sign in front of the house, take off then wait for him to step off the bus.

WHAT only 20more hours I have so much to do still LMAO:rotfl2:

Drea, enjoy the homecoming! Guess we won't be hearing from you for a few days, eh? ;)

We will totally understand if we don't hear from you for a few days :rolleyes1

Drea, enjoy the homecoming! Guess we won't be hearing from you for a few days, eh? ;)

Exactly.... and if you hear of another earthquake in Cali... :rolleyes1

T-3hours.. leaving for base in 1 hr just to be sure we are there in plenty of time incase he happens to arrive early again like last time! LOL

Drea
The kids and your goodbye to E brought tears to my eyes, I cant imagine... You are ONE STRONG woman and we thank you and your family for keeping us safe:grouphug:

ON THAT NOTE
I Hope you are holding E in your arms right now, I cant imeagine the excitment for you and the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update when you can:lovestruc

:goodvibes Hope you are enjoying having your Marine home Drea!! Can't wait to read your next installment. Thanks to your Marine and all he does. You are a very strong woman and also your sons have to be strong as well. I admire you!:flower3:

We will totally understand if we don't hear from you for a few days :rolleyes1

She won't stay away for long, she will probably be back on here in the morning.. :surfweb: :rotfl2:
WELCOME HOME E! Can't wait to see you guys!

Tonya

The last few hours waiting for E to get off that bus felt like FOREVER. But he's home and it was a great reunion. Here's a recap ..... We left for base 2 hours before they were to arrive just in case they came back early. Before We left we put up the sign I had made (usually we just paint on a white bed sheet but this yr I found a website that made signs for free for military)
100_7969.jpg

Next I write on the back of the car (E hates this.... getting the car dirty, and embarassing him.. yet I think a part of him loved that:laughing: )
100_7971.jpg

We get to base and proceed to wait... story of my life with the military hurry up and wait UGGG :eek: The boys keep themselves entertained. Thanks to the jumper they had.
100_7973.jpg

Then we see the most magical site (aside from seeing the Magic herself last week)
100_7979.jpg

WOOHOO :cool1: The busses are here. Now the hard part trying to pick him out of the crowd... never an easy thing to do when they all are wearing the same uniform. But we have always had a way for E to find US. Signs... Original signs. This tour we had a great one to advertise.
100_7978.jpg

Then we see him... wait is it him.. yes.. yes its him!
100_7981.jpg

The boys go running to him, I let them have there special time with him 1st.. you know before I mall the poor guy :rotfl2:
100_7985.jpg

Boy did they miss him! And Im sure vise versa!
100_7984.jpg

Together again at last :love:
100_7987.jpg

The boys couldnt wait to help dad and take him home.
100_7992.jpg

Had to change the car sign to make it fitting now that he has "arrived" (cant see it to well but I crossed out the Coming part to make it appropriate!)
100_7995.jpg

Then of couse the 1st thing he did was check out my car. MEN :headache: lol
100_7996.jpg

So far we have gone out to eat, grocery shopping and to get ice cream. (all the weight I lost before he came home is back on UGGG, back to the gym I go before our cruise LOL) Today we are off to shopping for some school stuff for the boys and new cruise stuff for E. Guess its allowed since I have stocked up already while he is gone. Took the day off work to enjoy my men. :grouphug:

When we get home, I will show E my stash of Disney "stuff". He walked into the closet and just shook his head. :scared: I said I CAN EXPLAIN IT ALL LMAO. Then he said THIS is why Im only allowed 1 piece of luggage huh.. all this other stuff is flying with us too. NO NO NOT allll of it... :rolleyes1

I let him and the boys know when we get back from the mall we will be working on the fish extender gifts. I was met with blank stares from all 3 of them. Does NO ONE listen to me?

Next Up: THIS is a Fish Extender... This is a Fish Extender Gift.... ANY QUESTIONS?

You made me cry!!!

Great pics. Thanks for sharing, Drea. So so so glad he's back home safely (but not as glad as you are, I'm sure).

Good luck w/explaining about the FEs. I get the same type of blank stare when I try to tell DH about it. :confused3

Reminds me of when my dad was in the navy [now retired] and he had to go
on a 9 month out to sea and when he came home he shook me awake at midnight and I started screaming because he looked so different that I thought he was a burgler!

Thank you for sharing the homecoming story. I am glad he made it home safely.

I have tears pouring down my face, so glad E is home safely and in your arms, what a GREAT woman you are!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny story, a lot of people In Real Life, dont get the whole meeting people online thing, I was telling my co workers about my "friend" whose husband was coming home today after a 9 month tour and how we couldnt wait to "see" them in Sept. What is so funny is that, we havent even met you ( or anyone else on the DDD)yet but it seems we are all friends:hug:

Thanks E and Drea and of course your boys for your sacrifice to keep us all safe!!!

Drea - We are so happy that E is home safe and sound! I guess I am not the only one who cries at happy things too. Thansk for sharing with us. I feel like we were there with you!:)

As Denise said, not many get the "online friends" thing but we feel like we all know each other already. It's going to be a GREAT Cruise!

Crissi

Drea - just checked in to see if E was home yet! I'm so glad he's home safe and you can get ready for your cruise together! Thanks, E for all you do for us! Have a wonderful trip! :yay:

Drea - thanks so much for sharing your homecoming with all of us!! Now enjoy!!!!

BTW - loved the sign outside your house - how wonderful that you were able to get that done! E (and his family) deserve every recognition for all the sacrificing you do.

Drea...
Love your pics!:goodvibes
So glad E is home...on to the next countdown!:rolleyes1

On another note, I love the clickable graphic in your sig directing us here. How did you do that? (I'm getting a lot of TR and PTR pressure!);)

OORAH!!! Love the pics. I cry everytime I see them! Glad E made it home okay. I am cracking up about your closet. I can just picture him looking into it shaking his head! :rotfl:
Tonya

Drea...
Love your pics!:goodvibes
So glad E is home...on to the next countdown!:rolleyes1

On another note, I love the clickable graphic in your sig directing us here. How did you do that? (I'm getting a lot of TR and PTR pressure!);)

here you go my dear...( just take out the *'s)
[*url="URL link goes here"][img*]Image URL goes here[/img*][/url*]

I have tears pouring down my face, so glad E is home safely and in your arms, what a GREAT woman you are!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny story, a lot of people In Real Life, dont get the whole meeting people online thing, I was telling my co workers about my "friend" whose husband was coming home today after a 9 month tour and how we couldnt wait to "see" them in Sept. What is so funny is that, we havent even met you ( or anyone else on the DDD)yet but it seems we are all friends:hug:

There's no crying in base... err homecomings LMAO But thank you.
And I have to tell you my real friend/family/ Even E didnt get the "internet" friends thing but well have to say they are some of my best friends. Like TOnya she and I met through a Marine Wives yahoo group and have been buds ever since! in fact our kids are a month apart both of them (not planned just happened that way LOL)

OORAH!!! Love the pics. I cry everytime I see them! Glad E made it home okay. I am cracking up about your closet. I can just picture him looking into it shaking his head! :rotfl:
Tonya

OH man I need to take pics of my closet. E cleaned his side and organized all his marine cra.... errr stuff but just let the "Disney" side Told me today thats my stuff to "DEAL WITH" :rotfl2:

Oh, I cried at the homecoming post. So glad E is home safe!! LOVED the creative signs you made too.

Your writing is so funny...can't wait to read more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter