Double Dipping w/a Marine and a Mouse... (Update 9/123 pg25-Flying Home!)

I am a little worried that all of Double Dippers who are now searching ebay trying to get deals like Erica on a formal dress will all end up bidding against each other :scared1: I sure hope that we all aren't the same dress size........or this could get ugly :rotfl:

:lmao:

The good news is you no longer have to compete against ME ;)

Since noone's interested in the stuff that us guys buy for the cruise (we just can't compete with dresses, ya know)

how about if I post what my wife just bought on ebay. I guess she's going to wear this to formal night. I don't know for sure.

DSC02171.JPG

Edited to add: She also got this apparently:

ee0a_1.JPG

LOL.. I am cracking up you still have your prom dresses. :rotfl2:

Ya E and my mom crack up over them all too.. I just cant put them in a garage sale people want them for a quarter, considement shops will only pay a few bucks.. so I keep them CUZ ya never know when I may need a peach knee lenth formal gown in a size... well size now that will only fit one hip LMAO:rotfl:

I keep getting outbid on ebay also_One that I reallllly love is up to $42.00 I just can't make myself bid that high on ebay, but do I like this dress:eek: :eek:

I am the same way.. I really like one but with shipping its almost $50. Still a great price for worn once. Call me the princess that I am, but just dont like paying that much for not NEW. LOL princess:

You will find your dress, don't worry! I'll send you some of my Erica vibes :goodvibes

$4.99 is a great price for those dresses! It will help feed your addiction ;)

Ok now to remember how to post on ebay???? and thanks for the good luck.. big money no whammies :lmao:

If they were my size I would be buying them!!!

Those are in good taste for back-in-the-day prom dresses. Drea, you can't be that much younger than me...but somehow I ended up with an orangey-peach satin nightmare (with the dyed to mach shoes and purse), and a huge pink lacey floor length poufy tiered thing) All the rage in 1990. Of course I didn't have any $$$, what I really wanted was a big poufy blue sequined travesty...sigh....

You know....we could do 80's/one hit wonder night in style....

Girl if they were still my size I would wear them again LOL

umm class of 96... I think the black sequin number was wild 90's enough for me LOL... hmm now going crazy for the 80's party would be heck of a lot of fun! LOL hmm might have to go look at the thrift store at lunch tmrw

Did someone mention the 80's? I saw the Breakfast Club on Showtime about a week ago and have been so sentimental ever since then. Last year for Christmas my wife gave me a 7 disc set of nothing but 80's music she got off of ebay. After seeing TBC last week, I changed my IPOD to have nothing but 80's music on it. I miss that decade.

I think our little TR writers might be a little too young to truly remember the glory of that decade.

FYI, playing in my ear right now is Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo. Oh, and you're all a bunch of neomaxizoomdweebies.

Its a dead mans party.. who could as for more.. every bodys coming leave you body at the door.. I only know this song from the Back to School movie with Rodney Dangerfield lol. Ya I was more of a 90's teen.. BUT I did wear ponytails to the side, bangle bracelets, NEON anything, and I know whos number is 867-5309. LMAO:goodvibes

Oh, I remember it!

Everybody's gonna leave their body at the door......;)
Now its stuck in my head LOL sadly thats really the only part I know! but now listening to 80's hit on Yahoo LOL

I am a little worried that all of Double Dippers who are now searching ebay trying to get deals like Erica on a formal dress will all end up bidding against each other :scared1: I sure hope that we all aren't the same dress size........or this could get ugly :rotfl:

HAHA wouldnt that be just our luck! ok Im *groversmom* on ebay.. if I outbit you LET ME KNOW... we can rock paper scissors to see how gets the dress LMAO :laughing:

Since noone's interested in the stuff that us guys buy for the cruise (we just can't compete with dresses, ya know)

how about if I post what my wife just bought on ebay. I guess she's going to wear this to formal night. I don't know for sure.
Edited to add: She also got this apparently:

I like the necklas... hmm never thought about acessories.. Thanks Mozart! :thumbsup2 (btw when E gets mad... Im pointing fingers LOL)

NEW IDEA :idea:

Instead of just "80's night" how about 80's PROM NIGHT! I have to say that I never actually went to an 80's prom (class of 99' :rolleyes1 ) but it wouldn't be hard to find an 80's prom dress :rotfl:

Oh, and I agree with you Drea about the neon clothes. My favorite color was neon green (late 80's) I had a full neon green outfit: Hammer pants, shirt, shoes, socks, hat, sunglasses and..........wait for it..............FANNY PACK!!:scared1: I was one big neon green dork. :lmao:

Totla 80's chick I was, leg warmers, neon EVERYTHING, crimped hair, lots of acqua net, blue eyeline, blue mascara and blue eyeshadown...I believe it all came in green also:lmao: To this day I still LOVE 80's music!

Totla 80's chick I was, leg warmers, neon EVERYTHING, crimped hair, lots of acqua net, blue eyeline, blue mascara and blue eyeshadown...I believe it all came in green also:lmao: To this day I still LOVE 80's music!

LMAO!! Yeah, I wore the cool blue eye shadow too. My mom told me it looked so good.. :rotfl2: Now I look back and laugh at the pics of us BOTH with the "good" eyeshadow.

Crimped hair.. lol I remember that too,pegged jeans..and Doogie Houser. :love: . lol Man, I feel old when we talk about the 80's.. lol
Tonya

My turn to "interrupt" your TR. :lmao: I have been thinking about when we all first actually "meet" in person, probably at the port and I just have to ask, because I have been wondering for awhile: How do you pronounce your name? Do you go by Andrea or Drea and is Drea pronounce Draya or Dray? Hope that makes sense. :)

My turn to "interrupt" your TR. :lmao: I have been thinking about when we all first actually "meet" in person, probably at the port and I just have to ask, because I have been wondering for awhile: How do you pronounce your name? Do you go by Andrea or Drea and is Drea pronounce Draya or Dray? Hope that makes sense. :)

HAHA Well thanks for asking... ok I go by anything.. (hey you, mom, women, and ive been called other choice words LOL) BUT I go by DREA to my friends... when I get called my full name Andrea.. I feel Im in trouble only person that calls me that is my mom when shes mad LOL. And since were all friends.. its Drea.... so its Draya or even Dre. Either works.

Ill brake the boys down for yall too... Their lanyards will say their initals.
E- Elbert, pronounced just like with an A (some try to pronounce it as ELL-bert), he might even introduce himself as MAC (part of our last name)

P- Phoenix, like the city

J- Justice... like and justice for all (he will tell you that one LMAO

ok now are you Arin, just like Erin? just making sure! :upsidedow

I keep getting outbid...grrr.
Course its cuz I'm so cheap. If I would put a max bid of over $16 I might actually win once in a while..instead I'll lose all the auctions and end up at Ann Taylor Loft paying full price...;)

'96 and '99....ya'll make me feel OLD.:rotfl: Class of '92 *cough cough*

Course its cuz I'm so cheap. If I would put a max bid of over $16 I might actually win once in a while..instead I'll lose all the auctions and end up at Ann Taylor Loft paying full price...;)

I'm right there with ya - WPHS class of 92! Go Cats! :thumbsup2

I'm right there also just got outbid on a dress for $22 I wouldn't go above $21

99, 96, and 92? Let's see, Arin was the 7 year old whose mom walked her to the bus stop every morning. Drea was the 5th grader who found it necessary to stand right on the side of the basketball court during the game, and I had to nearly kill myself to avoid running over her if the play went out of bounds. And you other two were the bratty freshmen my senior year. I'm picturing that girl from Sixteen Candles who had a crush on Anthony Michael Hall's character. The one who had braces and wore the full headgear for them.

Kids!

Ebay thought for the day. Why did they take away the ability to see other bidders names? That was actually very helpful in determining what to bid.

class of 93 for me!

Being married to the Marine Corps has taught me a thing or two about organizing a mission, timing, and executing it. In this case the "Mission" is our VACATION, the timing it almost to a T, and in 5weeks... the execution of it will begin! :banana:

So once we commited to the cruise.. the fun really began. PLANNING and more Planning. After reading all about the ports we... well I (remember at this time E was still in Iraq so I would send emails... and get the reply of WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO... that so didnt help me) So I make desicions and here is what our vacation looks like.

Sept 25th
  • we fly out of San Diego via Airtran @7am arriving at 430pm
  • Well that was the plan, then they changed it to 7am arriving at 514pm a lil longer layover but no worries there, dont have to sprint to the plane change this way
  • Well, they just changed it again, to 145pm arriving at 1130pm. Let just say livid isnt the word I said... but since this is a family board and Disney related.. well go with it! I tried calling to change it but nothing else flying out of San Dog that day. Then saw that Orange County has an early flight but its on Frontier... their sister airline but they dont allow that since its not Airtran. :confused: SO unless I can talk E to fly out of LAX (which is a monster in itself... ) looks like we fly out at 145pm and waste a day :mad:
  • Pick up the Charger (shhh a surprize to the boys all 3 of them, told them we got a mini van LMAO) from Thrifty car rental got a great deal from their website (speaking of which need to change the time to pick up ugg and hope they are open that late. :scared1: )
  • Drive to Cocoa Beach where we will be staying at the Country Inn & Suites (got a great deal on Hotwire! Do you see a pattern here)
  • Sleep as Im sure we will be exhausted from the fun day of traveling LOL:angel:

Sept 26th
  • After eatting breakfast at our hotel, we will hit the Space Center
  • During the day we will hit Target or Walmart to get any odds and ends we need (candy for the CM's, toiletries we arent packing, snacks etc)popcorn::
  • Most important stop will be to PUBLIX, get a couple handles of tasty adult beverages to take on board!:drinking1
  • Dinner is at either Grill's or Rusty's
  • if time permits either a dip in the Atlantic or some pics by it so the boys can say they have been to the east coast... LITERALLY!
  • To bed early... yet im sure we all will be "TO EXCITED TO SLEEP" since the next day will be a BIG DAY

Sept 27th
TODAY WE CRUISE WOOHOO :yay: :sail:
  • Get up and have breakfast again at our hotel (one of the reasons why I picked it)
  • Pack up the car and head to the Port
  • E will drop us off and the luggage, while he returns the car
  • Get a sailaway drink as soon as we get on board! Notice my priorties

Sept 28th
Castaway Cay Day/Family Day on the beach
  • Bike Rides
  • Snorking
  • P and I are schedualed to Parasail at 1030am together (figured it was better to do now then on our 2nd day of Castaway Cay as he may see it and chicken out LOL)

Sept 29th
Sea Day
  • Ok since I have no idea what is really planned for the sea days.. I can only HOPE, we get Palo Brunch.
  • Will be hoping to also book a time at the spa to get the scalp massage
  • Other then the above.. sitting by the pool drinking an umbrella topped beverage! (again my priorities!)

Sept 30th
Grand Cayman
  • 930am we have the Pirate Encounter, boys dont know about this so it should be fun
  • Hitting the Rum Factory
  • a lil shopping
  • then 7mile beach

Oct 1st
Cozumel
  • Beach Break, either doing the one through Disney, or it on our own. Playa Mia or Paradise Beach (anyone have any recomendations?)
  • A lil shopping before heading back to the ship

Oct 2nd
Sea Day
  • Still hoping for Brunch and a scalp massage!:worship:

Oct 3rd
Castaway Cay day 2 (hence the "Double Dip")
Adult day
  • 10am-I have a surprize planned for E- Couples Cabana Massage on the beach:cloud9:
  • Hit Serentiy Beach to see what its like, stop and get a tasty beverage in the peace and quiet of adults :drinking1
  • Eventually get the boys to enjoy the rest of the day with them as a family:love:

Oct 4th
They kick us off the ship:sad1:
  • We will be getting picked up in a Limo thanks to FL tours and taking us and Tonya/googles111 to the POP
  • After checking in, we will catch a tram to Down Town Disney, to explore and relax, and of course MORE SHOPPING!
  • Linner (late lunch/early dinner) will be at Planet Hollywood since I have a coupon from booking our stay
  • If time permits and were all not too tired a round of golf as I have a coupon for that too LMAO
  • Maybe even a late night dip in the pool

Oct 5th
Disney's Hollywood Studios
since this is the park that is on for Extra Magic Hours today
**** ok now I need tips on where to eat here, we have the basic dinning package (again got a great deal with hotel, tix and dinning, cheaper then doing it all on our own or by getting tix through the military, surprizing I know). Was thinking the Sci-Fri for dinner which would be our Table service
what about for breakfast? Besides Pop? No Character breakfast.. weve done that before.. NO ONE EATS well except for me LOL. So share your Breakfast, linner, and snacks with me that I can use with Table and Quick Service Meals

Oct 6th
Magic Kingdom
again picked it cuz its open extra hours this day
***** again need ideas on where to eat breakfast and Linner... snacks too for that matter!

Oct 7th
Epcot
guess why I picked this one... yup extra hours well Morning hours this time, hope we get up in time.. if not no worries
**** yup you know the drill... give me some places to eat Linner and Breakfast

Oct 8th
They drag me out of the resort kicking and screaming I dont wanna go home :sad1: :furious:
We fly out at 9am arriving back in American's Finest City... San Diego at 1245pm. Enough time to unpack and relaxe before going back to school and work the next day.. BLAH :scared:

Man I didnt post 1 pic this time... here's some eye candy for you
thegreenones1he7.jpg

HAHAHA get it eye CANDY... ya ok I know not funny, Im off to hit the rack now I swear!

OH and just to let you know how bad I have OCVPD, I have planned out all my pre-trip report postings.. YUP thats just how sick I am. :sick:

NEXT UP:Making my list, checking it twice.... gonna find out I forgot something

Dinner at Hollywood studios:

see if you can get a Fantasmic dinner package. This way you get priority seating for this show. ( one you dont want to miss. :) ) Brown Derby is our favorite. their is Italian. ( Mama Rosa?? and then a buffet at Hollywood & vine). BD gives you an early time like 4, so that could be a good linner.

as for MK, they are mostly character meals. Crystal Palace is Pooh etc, the food is decent there. You could eat dinner in the Castle. ( cindy is only there for breakfast... unless it has changed.). how about trying Chef Mickeys? you can take the monorail over and have dinner there . it is cool to eat dinner and watch the monorail come through the Contemp. ( it is a 5 minute walk too). just request a seat on the outside so you can see the monorail. the Polynesian has Ohanas, good food there too. again, monorail ride away.

I like the cruise schedule, you will be busy. ;) no Palo dinner??

Oct 5th
Disney's Hollywood Studios
since this is the park that is on for Extra Magic Hours today
**** ok now I need tips on where to eat here, we have the basic dinning package (again got a great deal with hotel, tix and dinning, cheaper then doing it all on our own or by getting tix through the military, surprizing I know). Was thinking the Sci-Fri for dinner which would be our Table service
what about for breakfast? Besides Pop? No Character breakfast.. weve done that before.. NO ONE EATS well except for me LOL. So share your Breakfast, linner, and snacks with me that I can use with Table and Quick Service Meals

Oct 6th
Magic Kingdom
again picked it cuz its open extra hours this day
***** again need ideas on where to eat breakfast and Linner... snacks too for that matter!

Oct 7th
Epcot
guess why I picked this one... yup extra hours well Morning hours this time, hope we get up in time.. if not no worries
**** yup you know the drill... give me some places to eat Linner and Breakfast

Disney World questions! Call on me! Please, please!

We almost always eat table service, so I'll tell you about those at Hollywood Studios.

Best place to eat at Hollywood Studios is the Brown Derby. It's going to cost you 2 table service credits though. Sci-Fi Dine In and 50's Prime Time have really cool atmosphere, but I'm not a big fan of their food. Some people love 50's though. It's comfort food.

Magic Kingdom
We actually usually just eat counter service here. The character meals are fun, but the food is considered to be pretty bad at those, and they're going to be next to impossible for you to get into this late. Pinocchio's Village Haus has this thing called Figaro Fries that you have to try. Cosmic Ray's has a pretty good variety.

EPCOT
Ummmm...you're going to be there during the Food and Wine Festival. You don't need anything else for you. As for the boys, I'd try Sunshine Seasons in The Land. Good variety. I also like the food at the American counter service place in World Showcase. Whatever you do, DO NOT eat at San Angel Inn or any of the Chinese places.:crazy2:

If the boys are adventurous, you could think about trying Chefs de France. It's definitely more of an adult restaurant, but it's the best at WDW. Usually pretty easy to get reservations there also.

99, 96, and 92? Let's see, Arin was the 7 year old whose mom walked her to the bus stop every morning. Drea was the 5th grader who found it necessary to stand right on the side of the basketball court during the game, and I had to nearly kill myself to avoid running over her if the play went out of bounds. And you other two were the bratty freshmen my senior year. I'm picturing that girl from Sixteen Candles who had a crush on Anthony Michael Hall's character. The one who had braces and wore the full headgear for them.

Kids!

Ah, headgear. Those were the days. :rotfl:
You're the same age as my DH. He was starting the Army when I was a freshman lol

Ok, now I feel old. I was class of '90!

Crissi

Not old......SEASONED. :thumbsup2

class of 93 for me!

I would have been in '93 but I skipped kindergarden. I hated always being younger than everyone else. I started college at 17, which you would think would be cool, but I hated it - everyone but me could say they were an adult! I still had a pediatrician :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter