• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

double dipping on fp is gone

At DHS. Pulled FP- with current KTTW and separate ticket media. Checked into WL yesterday.

Thanks for taking the time to send this report.

This may be the first eyewitness accont I've read of someone who checked in yesterday and tried to use their current KTTW for FP-.

Will be interested to see more reports from those checking in today and throughout this week.

At DHS. Pulled FP- with current KTTW and separate ticket media. Checked into WL yesterday.

Let me add my thanks for this post :). Certainly it's not as exciting as a word-parsed OT thread of insults and accusations, but it IS exactly what I was hoping to hear about!

Checking in on Wednesday. Can't wait! :yay:

My sister checks into Coranado on Thursday. She has a room only ressie and bought park tickets at AAA. The park tickets are linked to her MDE and she has Fastpass + chosen. My question is- if she enters park with media from AAA will be able to use Fastpass -? Then , if she doesnt use MB to enter park will her fastpass + not be activated?

She will not be able to use both her tickets and he MB for fastpass. She will only be able to use the media she entered the park with. However she may be able to pull fastpass with her KTTW but that may be stopped soon.

Sorry I am late to this thread, but we were able to double-dip (FP+ and regular FP) from Nov 26-Dec 1. No one said anything - not even when I tried to use my MB on the paper FP time at Dino.

This is a glitch with her and not the system.

WDW could not handle two rooms on the Dining Plan together and get the credits correct several years ago...it does not surprise me at all that the SYSTEM can not handle the sister's situation.

She will not be able to use both her tickets and he MB for fastpass. She will only be able to use the media she entered the park with. However she may be able to pull fastpass with her KTTW but that may be stopped soon.

She should be able to full fastpass- with her physical ticket no?

I have to respectfully disagree with OP.

We were at Epcot yesterday (saw Gary Sinise at CP!!!! )

When we entered the park around noonish we stopped at the FP+ terminals and got Soarin' FP+ for 8:20pm.......I really kinda wanted to ride it earlier, so DD took our 3 AP cards over to Soarin and came back with paper FP. But the paper ones were for 7:50pm, lol. Oh well, we saw CP went to Soarin and rode twice then did Illuminations, so all was well with my world.

Kids are at MK today and they got Peter Pan, Space Mountain and some thing else on the FP+ terminal with their magic bands, then used their card AP and got another Space Mountain.

So....double dipping seems to work at EPCOT and MK....but I'm also really thinking it's because our AP's are NOT on our Magic Bands.

When we entered the park around noonish we stopped at the FP+ terminals and got Soarin' FP+ for 8:20pm.......I really kinda wanted to ride it earlier, so DD took our 3 AP cards over to Soarin and came back with paper FP. But the paper ones were for 7:50pm, lol. Oh well, we saw CP went to Soarin and rode twice then did Illuminations, so all was well with my world.

Kids are at MK today and they got Peter Pan, Space Mountain and some thing else on the FP+ terminal with their magic bands, then used their card AP and got another Space Mountain.

So....double dipping seems to work at EPCOT and MK....but I'm also really thinking it's because our AP's are NOT on our Magic Bands.

Thanks for the report.

What resort are you staying at, and what day did you check in?

I have to respectfully disagree with OP. We were at Epcot yesterday (saw Gary Sinise at CP!!!! ) When we entered the park around noonish we stopped at the FP+ terminals and got Soarin' FP+ for 8:20pm.......I really kinda wanted to ride it earlier, so DD took our 3 AP cards over to Soarin and came back with paper FP. But the paper ones were for 7:50pm, lol. Oh well, we saw CP went to Soarin and rode twice then did Illuminations, so all was well with my world. Kids are at MK today and they got Peter Pan, Space Mountain and some thing else on the FP+ terminal with their magic bands, then used their card AP and got another Space Mountain. So....double dipping seems to work at EPCOT and MK....but I'm also really thinking it's because our AP's are NOT on our Magic Bands.

Quoted all this to say I am wildly jealous you got to see Gary sinise. He was my favorite!

If your APs aren't on your bands, what media IS on there that is allowing you to get FP+?

Your bands access your AP but your AP isn't on the bands which is wh it works for split stays when people have several MBS

The APs are on your account and the MBs access your account. Currently you have to have some form of admission on your account in order to get FP+s. so they have to have something on the account. If not the APs then what?

Your bands access your AP but your AP isn't on the bands which is wh it works for split stays when people have several MBS

Right, I get that. Are some people's AP's ONLY on bands, without a card? It is normal, right now, for people who have AP cards linked to be able to use FP+ and pull FP-, correct?

I was able to tripple dip. I used my magic band for FP+ and was able to get fast passes for attractions using the Key to the Kingdom card as well as my ticket purchased from UT. I am here now.

Note: I didn't take advantage of this. We went with friends thay had regular tickets. We got their FP tickets using ours for them.

When we went in october we were surprised three days into the trip to find out that we could use our MBs to enter the parks. (Back when I put the aps onto the account it told me clearly to bring the physical aps to use to get into the parks) We had been using our paper APs. From then on we could use either. I wonder if aribelle is in the same situation as we were?

If your tickets (AP) are not on your magic bands, how can you reserve your FP+? I thought the APs had to be linked to your magic bands to pull FP+. I was under the understanding that you couldn't make FP+ reservations if there was not ticket media on the band.

I am MK now (way too packed for the first week of December) and MB and FP+ is working great minus a waisted hour Sat to get my moms military Salute tickets linked and FP+ synced to ours. Double dipping is still working just FYI. I'll post a semi full post later ( I will leave out some details that may get me flamed).

She should be able to full fastpass- with her physical ticket no?

Yes, you should be able to use your physical tickets to pull FP-. The Fp- and Fp+ systems operate independently of each other.

don't you have tickets linked to your MB, which you need to make FP+ ressies? Didn't you use your AP's for that? And guests can use the physical AP cards to get FP- that are also linked on MB to get FP+.

I am MK now (way too packed for the first week of December) and MB and FP+ is working great minus a waisted hour Sat to get my moms military Salute tickets linked and FP+ synced to ours. Double dipping is still working just FYI. I'll post a semi full post later ( I will leave out some details that may get me flamed).

What resort are you staying at, and what day did you check in?

Thanks.

I was able to tripple dip. I used my magic band for FP+ and was able to get fast passes for attractions using the Key to the Kingdom card as well as my ticket purchased from UT. I am here now.

Note: I didn't take advantage of this. We went with friends thay had regular tickets. We got their FP tickets using ours for them.

Really? Well if the KTTW cards we get at check-in work then we're already covered, but just in case I'll take our UT tickets as well in the event the KTTW cards don't work. I don't invision needing to do it very often but if the option exists I'd be a fool not to take advantage of it if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter