Dorky Disboutiquing DiserSistas:Destination DisneyTeresajoys(true)version:TheEnd 1/23

This whole thing had me laughing!!! Four little girls in one room would lead to ANYONE thinking of bodily harm.

I personally prefer dosing everyone with an ambien...it works REALLy well...::yes::

KIDDING!!!!

or am I?

;)

You must have been hang dog tired the next day! It is a pure "mom instinct" thing to KNOW that if you separate the giggliest from the rest of the gigglers they will quiet down and zonk out!

GO TJ!!!!!

LOVING your TR so far dahlin!!!

:goodvibes

I'm starting to think you were all talk, Missy! "Oh, I have 2 updates all written up. I'm just waiting for Heather." Well, my TR has been updated for 20 hours or so now....:snooty:

Slow computer :thumbsup2 . I buy that ::yes::

So, I'm up, barely. Someone has made coffee, YAAAHH!! In my half asleep state,
2.gif
I go to take a shower instead of drinking the coffee. HUH?
I take the shower, slather on my sunscreen, put in my contacts and I'm ready to go!
I go check on Corey, and he is ready,
742d9e9f.jpg

Brian is getting ready,
David is up
59cdca67.jpg

things are going well. :thumbsup2

The phone rings, it's the "emergency contact" person, Berri. He says, in a not too friendly voice (with an English accent)

"Someone called me at 11:30 last night about your air conditioning."

Yep, the emergency contact was actually mad that I had called him at 11:30 to report the air conditioning !

I explained to Berri that the A/C guy had been out, but had left right after we had, and passed us on the road.

"Well, he said he fixed it."

It took me awhile to convince Berri that the air was actually NOT working, he then said,

"Well, you couldn't have been too warm last night, it wasn't that hot."

:furious:

To which I told him that, yes, in fact it had gotten pretty hot, especially in the room with no ceiling fan. It's not like we wanted to leave the windows open while we slept either!

I finally got Berri to say he would send the a/c guy back out, and then he said he would make sure that it was actually working this time.

Hmm, I'm thinking THAT would have been a good idea to do BEFORE we even arrived, but what do I know about these things!

I mentioned to the guy that the water smelled horrible, like sulfur, rotten eggs, or a sewer, it literally filled the house with nauseating stinky fumes

7.gif

(and this was after many showers, baths, handwashing, toilet flushing, etc... I mean there were 11 people in the house!).

Berri told me,

"Welcome to Florida!"

GRRRRRRRR

I've been going to Florida since I was a baby, I KNOW what Florida water smells like, a sewer is NOT what it should smell like!

9.gif

I then told Berri that there seemed to be something wrong with the phone, because when I tried to call him, it said I needed to put in a code. He laughed and said, "That's because I'm long distance. You will need to buy a calling card to call me."

I expressed concern that the emergency contact was difficult to reach, and suggested that that at least be noted somewhere for future guests. He just laughed again and said they had to draw the line somewhere.
I was glad when my conversation with this guy was over.

I then went to wake up the girls. I had given Arminda and Lydia a bath the night before, so they just needed to eat and get dressed. I wake up Arminda first, because I am trying to let Lyddy sleep as long as possible, she can be very grumpy if she doesn't get enough sleep. Barbara wakes up Casey and Courtney. I notice that we wake our girls up in the same manner, very gently, very softly. That's good. I don't like an abrupt awakening for me or the kids. Which is part of the reason I don't like Brian waking Arminda for school.
He just goes in there and yells, "Wake up!"
I HAAAAAAAAAATE that!!! It makes me tense and grumpy!

Seriously, who likes to be woke up like that???(Which is why after this day, I made sure I was woke up by the radio, and not the horrible beeping!)

Remember this tidbit, it will come up again later.

The girls ate, the unbathed bathed, the neked got dressed and then I woke up Lyddy. It wasn't too bad, considering the total lack of sleep she had the night before! She was excited to be going to Disney World and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!!!

Time for the daily slathing of the sunscreen! OOOH!!! Fun!!!!! Putting sunscree on 5 little girls can take a LOOOONG time!!! I line them all up, and start applying. It didn't take too terribly long, but it did take awhile. We brushed everyone's hair, made sure all their faces were clean, and everyone used the potty. Yes, almost time to go! :yay:

The kids and I had made autograph books for everyone (all the kids that is) so we handed them out, along with a bag to keep them in. We couldnt' get Courtney to take her bag off, so you will notice that in most of the pictures, she is wearing a hot pink High School Musical bag slung across her shoulder. It made me happy that she liked it so much.

d793edc1.jpg

I made the girls (in our house) their dresses for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Arminda wanted Cinderella in her silver dress, because as anyone who is anyone (meaning Aunt Heather) knows, Cinderella's dress is really NOT blue in the movie, it's a glittery white silver. And, if you don't believe me, just go ask Heather, she'll tell you.
58d99a75.jpg

bf601f24.jpg

Casey wanted a blue Jasmine with pants:

d1ac965c.jpg

Courtney wanted Aurora:

704abe5d.jpg

Just kidding! she's Snow White of course!!

and here is Lydia in Giselle from Enchanted in her teal curtain dress:

52030c64.jpg

Mom getting Courtney and Casey ready:
cbdb7bb0.jpg

At this point, I realize, I NEEEEEED a cup of coffee,
4.gif

so I go to the pot, to poor me some. There's la1/4 cup left

WHY ME????!!!??!!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY???????

So, I said to myself, what a wonderful thing, they left me some coffee

Yeah, sure that's what I said to myself.....

Brian offered to make me a fresh pot, but I figured we should get moving. :moped: (that's for you MissCammie!)

My wonderful husband had made sandwiches for everyone for lunch, and we packed them up in a little cooler that was at the house. With food and water in it though, the "little" cooler was sort of big.

Still half asleep, I start loading our girls into the van. Heather was ready already, so she is waiting for us.
:wave: Hi Heather, we are going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

Once everyone is in car seats and buckled up, we are on our way!!!

As we approach the entrance of Diseny, I feel the same thrill that goes through me EVERY time we arrive!!!! Let the MAGIC BEGIN!!!!!

Oh, wait, first you need to pay $11 for the privelage of PARKING (that irks me to NO end, that you have to PAY to park!).

8.gif

Brian and I pull away from the parking booth first, and we see Mom and Dad, and Heather and Henry right behind us (or so we thought!). We pull into our spot, and Mom and Dad pulled in several spots down from us. Heather and Henry are no longer anywhere in sight. We gather the kids, backpacks, cooler and stroller. Mom, Dad, David, Barbara, Courtney and Casey come over to our van. No one is sure where Heather and Henry have gone so we look around trying to find their van. We don't see it, so we head to the end of the row to see if they are waiting at the trams. They are not there when we get there, so we wait some more. Heather still had to get the kids dressed when we arrived, so we figured she was still in the van. So, we wait,
a060b8ee.jpg

and we wait,

42d34dcb.jpg

and then!!!!

we waited some more.

a7327e3e.jpg

The kids start yelling "HENRY, HEATHER where are you????"

People may have stared..

I may have started the yelling.... memory is fuzzy now though....

d2702227.jpg

Shoot, how did that picture get here!

We were having fun yelling, until my Mom told the "kids" to be quiet.

Spoil sport...

My Dad decides that he should walk up and down the rows looking for them, in case they need help. Trams come, trams go.... The kids were amazingly well behaved. When my Dad comes back from walking up and down the rows, we wait a few more minutes, then decide we better get on the tram. At this point, my Mom tells me that Heather had told her that if we got separated, we would meet at Dumbo. Wish I'd known that 15 minutes before!

Finally, we get on the tram!
53cf3d37.jpg

(isn't Corey cute!)

We are all a little worried about where Heather and Henry could be. Did they get lost? Did Sawyer get sick? Are they in the park riding rides and having fun without us? :rolleyes1

a233aa94.jpg

Somehow, the ride on the monorail, and the first view of the castle aren't quite as exciting as usual. I had really wanted to see Sawyer's first glimpse of the castle. :worried:

Somehow, I am always the designated "take the bags through security person" so, I head on over there. I know the drill, all zippers are unzipped, all pockets are open. I am a little worried about our not too small cooler, but all the security guard says is, "Good, I see you are well prepared for a hot Florida day!"

Pheew!

He also called Lydia the "cowgirl Princess" Apparently, he was NOT up on his princesses!
She was Giselle!
Geesh!

Strangely, they don't have any of us scan our fingers today. I hate those stupid finger scanners, they rarely work right, and it just feels creepy to me to have to scan my finger to enter an amusement park, not to mention how many OTHER people have stuck their dirty little finger in the EXACT SAME SPOT! Eww.... (I'm not at all a germaphobe, but that grosses me out a bit!)

On to the turnstiles!

We are still hoping to get a glimpse of Heather, so we scan Main St. for them. No where to be seen.

Although, we did see this!!!

1d781c70.jpg

The castle was on fire!!!! Oh no!!!

Oh, wait there was a show going on. Sorry to panic anyone!

The kids do spot Clarabelle, so we let them stop to get her autograph, while some of the adults take a potty break. We discover at this point that Casey left her autograph book in the van, so she didn't get any autographs.

0fc432e3.jpg

a0a1ff7b.jpg

And then, we were off to Dumbo..

But, Corey and I saw Dewey Cheatem, and thought we'd stop to get his autograph. I hollared after the others that we were stopping, but they kept walking. So, we asked Dewey if he would sign our autograph book.

He asked what we would like him to sign.

Corey thought that was pretty funny and asked him to sign his name.

Dewey asked if he was sure that is all he wanted, and said it was most peculiar, but he would do it.

Corey thought this was great and was quite excited to get his signature.
a3a84e8a.jpg

I'm not sure why I didn't get a better picture of this! But, you can see part of Corey to the left of this picture

We then hightailed it to catch up with the group. Corey told me later that this had been one of his favorite moments of the trip. (And, just now, I had to ask him what this guys name was, and how to spell it he said, "That was one of my favorite parts of the trip!" They don't have to be big moments, just the small, spontanious moments that make a special memory!)

Brian and Corey in front of the castle

0a4bed33.jpg

My Daddy

5a8e4e59.jpg

Arminda was getting very concerned about Sawyer, so she stopped to fret a moment

9ecd25bc.jpg

We assured her that we would be seeing them at the Bibbidid Bobbidi Boutique appointment if we didn't find them before. She wasn't convinced though.

We took the path beside the castle and stopped for a minute at the wishing well.
0cb8ba30.jpg

e098fddf.jpg

04d52ddf.jpg

The girls had a waterproof camera, so they wanted to see if they could take pictures in the well.

Then,
We looked at a duck

cec6a202.jpg

Lydia took a break

8768be99.jpg

Then we stood near the carousel. The carousel is being refurbished for our future enjoyment, so we just stand there for awhile....

edb99f1b.jpg

Arminda fretted some more
7e789b82.jpg

I was getting a bit stressed myself as to why we would stop here, and not near Dumbo, where Heather had said she'd meet us. Granted, there wasn't much chance she would be there at this point, but, I was antsy to find them! So, David decided to take off to go look for Heather and Henry with Casey.

I had thought until I was looking through my pictures to upload that Mom didn't look for Heather at Dumbo, but I was wrong. Here she is with Arminda and Lydia after looking for Heather. I must have been busy looking around to notice my kids were gone!

d64d4930.jpg

Sorry Mom!

Brian took the girls to the gift shop near Snow White. And then, my brilliant son says, "Hey, Snow White is only a 5 minute wait, let's go on it while we wait."

Brilliant he is, brilliant!

So, I call Brian over, and tell him the plan. Mom volunteered to wait outside the ride for David to come back and watch for Heather and Co.

She's a good Mom. :lovestruc

Last year, we didn't ride Snow White, and I had forgotten how fun it is. As we are riding, I think that Sawyer would probably be really scared on this ride. As we are getting off, we see Mom waiting in line with Heather and family!!!!!!
14b03df3.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! Sawyer looked so cute in his Prince Charming costume!!! I hadn't actually seen it on him until then.

Yeah!!!! We are all together again!

Sawyer is very happy to spot Arminda! And, Arminda is so relieved to see Sawyer!

I love this picture. Look at how Heather is really listening to Arminda and how happy Arminda is to be showing her Aunt Heather the pictures she took with her new camera! She's such a wonderful aunt. :lovestruc

0c86ddcb.jpg

that picture just gets me all teary eyed!

Heather tells us about all the rides she has went on so far, Dumbo was not one of them.........

Up Next,

Fairy Godmothers in training in training......

I'm starting to think you were all talk, Missy! "Oh, I have 2 updates all written up. I'm just waiting for Heather." Well, my TR has been updated for 20 hours or so now....:snooty:

Slow computer :thumbsup2 . I buy that ::yes::

Just ask Corey! He will tell you!!! If I were the cussin' type, there would have been words!!! This computer was literally locking up every 4 minutes!!!!! :furious:

Then, we spent some quality family time hunkered down in the basement hoping a tornado wan't going to hit our house!

Oh, fun time at the teresajoy's, fun times...

The temperature dropped from 90 to 68 in about 5 minutes! :scared1:

Wow! Great updates. Let me think of my favorites:

1) The emergency contact guy not thinking the a/c not working was a valid emergency :mad: ;

2) The girls in their princess outfits: what a great job you did! I have to say the Jasmine one is my favorite, so pretty and unique. No Giselle is my favorite, you totally winged it. Oh I don't know, I love them all! :lovestruc

3) Cowboy princess. To be fair, Giselle did not wear a pink cowboy hat in the movie, I don't think. :rolleyes1

4) The carousel being refurbished for your future enjoyment. Thanks a lot Disney! :headache:

5) Heather and Arminda. Those two are too stinkin' cute. :bride:

Great job!

Wow! Great updates. Let me think of my favorites:

1) The emergency contact guy not thinking the a/c not working was a valid emergency :mad: ;

2) The girls in their princess outfits: what a great job you did! I have to say the Jasmine one is my favorite, so pretty and unique. No Giselle is my favorite, you totally winged it. Oh I don't know, I love them all! :lovestruc

3) Cowboy princess. To be fair, Giselle did not wear a pink cowboy hat in the movie, I don't think. :rolleyes1

4) The carousel being refurbished for your future enjoyment. Thanks a lot Disney! :headache:

5) Heather and Arminda. Those two are too stinkin' cute. :bride:

Great job!

You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say you like the Jasmine outfit! :hug: I've been so paranoid about that one ever since an unfortunate incident that will be discussed later on in my TR! Seriously, having you say that has brought tears of relief to my eyes!

Although, I'm pretty partial to the Giselle one myself!!

Can't you just see Giselle wearing a pink cowgirl hat though!

Thanks for reading guys!

Okay...I am finally all caught up on your TR. Loving it so far. The kids looked great in their customs. So glad you guys found Heather and Co. Now hurry up and post another couple installments, will ya!!!!???

Off to read the other version now.....:rotfl2:

They didn't save you any coffee- how rude :snooty: Hope you learned your lesson and dashed for the coffee the rest of the week! ::yes:: :drinking1 People who have had very little sleep for at least a week NEED caffeine!!!!! Especially before hitting the magical gates!! :hyper:
:cool1: :woohoo: For Coreys magical moment!!
All the girls looked SO cute in there very authentic looking disney customs!! I can't wait to see them all gussied up!! I bet they floated all day :cloud9:
Last year, we didn't ride Snow White, and I had forgotten how fun it is. I always look for Mr. Toad handing off the dead to Pooh, but I can never find it. As we are riding, I think that Sawyer would probably be really scared on this ride. As we are getting off, we see Mom waiting in line with Heather and family!!!!!!
I am a little confused were you talking about the snow white ride or the pooh ride because the picture with toad and pooh is in the pooh ride, right in the beginning. The snow white ride is a kinda scary for the wee ones but I like it!
whew- you did find heather!! :banana: :banana: :banana: What a relief!!
Off to BBB..... popcorn::

They didn't save you any coffee- how rude :snooty: Hope you learned your lesson and dashed for the coffee the rest of the week! ::yes:: :drinking1 People who have had very little sleep for at least a week NEED caffeine!!!!! Especially before hitting the magical gates!! :hyper:
:cool1: :woohoo: For Coreys magical moment!!
All the girls looked SO cute in there very authentic looking disney customs!! I can't wait to see them all gussied up!! I bet they floated all day :cloud9:

Last year, we didn't ride Snow White, and I had forgotten how fun it is. I always look for Mr. Toad handing off the dead to Pooh, but I can never find it. As we are riding, I think that Sawyer would probably be really scared on this ride. As we are getting off, we see Mom waiting in line with Heather and family!!!!!!
I am a little confused were you talking about the snow white ride or the pooh ride because the picture with toad and pooh is in the pooh ride, right in the beginning. The snow white ride is a kinda scary for the wee ones but I like it!
whew- you did find heather!! :banana: :banana: :banana: What a relief!!
Off to BBB..... popcorn::

Thanks for the compliments Anna!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: OK, that is JUST funny!!!! Dead to Poohs and what is Pooh doing on Snow White?? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I was doing some editing of a future installment before posting, and stuck that in the wrong ride!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

No excuse for the dead part though! Obviously I wasn't proofreading very well to begin with! :lmao:

Whew! I didn't understand that either, and felt it was best not to say anything lest I look un-disney educated!

Okay...I am finally all caught up on your TR. Loving it so far. The kids looked great in their customs. So glad you guys found Heather and Co. Now hurry up and post another couple installments, will ya!!!!???

Off to read the other version now.....:rotfl2:

Thanks Beth!

It looks like you were following right behind H & H, and only missed them because they headed to IASW.
I'm always amazed when we FIND people in WDW, not when we lose them.

I am sooooo glad that we didn't have a separation anxiety moment like that when our big group went. Whew.

All of your dresses are so great, but DD14 and I are quite particular to the Giselle dress. Sigh.

WHEN were you in the basement?!?! Was it that bad around here? Yesterday? WHEN? If my life was in danger you should have called me!!!
:rolleyes1

It looks like you were following right behind H & H, and only missed them because they headed to IASW.
I'm always amazed when we FIND people in WDW, not when we lose them.

I am sooooo glad that we didn't have a separation anxiety moment like that when our big group went. Whew.

All of your dresses are so great, but DD14 and I are quite particular to the Giselle dress. Sigh.

WHEN were you in the basement?!?! Was it that bad around here? Yesterday? WHEN? If my life was in danger you should have called me!!!
:rolleyes1

WHAT?!!!! You weren't in your basement!!!???!! There were tornado warnings all around us! :scared1: It was around 4:00, I'm thinking. It got SOOOO windy I could barely see out the windows from the dirt and debris flying around!!! Then, the rain came down in buckets for awhile!

It's funny that we all took the same way around the castle and stopped to look at the well, and the ducks! They were quite aways ahead of us at this point though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter