• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dorky Disboutiquing DiserSistas:Destination DisneyTeresajoys(true)version:TheEnd 1/23

I might just have to get that camera! I was looking at few disney ones but found them so hard to figure out what actually was on them and how many megapixels they were! Is it small enough to fit in my pocket?

Hmm, I can't decide between the silver and the pirates one! I don't why I am even contemplating this, Dallas has my 2 old cameras and I am hoping for a new camera soon!

The plane landed, and we began unhooking the carseat, which, is not easy in a plane, but it went pretty quickly this time. Yeah! (I learned last year to take off my watch before wedging my hand between the back of the carseat and seat of the plane. It really is no fun to be traped like that, trust me, I know! The kids and Brian had gathered up all of our carryons, and we were able to unload from the plane quite quickly without holding anyone else up. So quickly in fact, that our gate checked stroller was not at the gate yet. So, I waited for the stroller while Brian took the kids (somewhere, because before the stroller came, he was back with them). I gathered the stroller, threw the careseat in it, and we were on our way to the BAGGAGE CLAIM!! OOOOHHH!!!!

Actually, in the Orlando airport, that's kind of fun, because you get to ride on a MONORAIL!!! And, isn't the announcer the same one as at Disney World?? We were all very thrilled to ride the monorail, wheeee!!!! Lydia looked out the window and confirmed that "We are ACTUALLY in FLORIDA, because I just saw a palm tree!"

PICT0070.jpg

So, with that confirmation we quickly set off in search of our luggage. We were so quick that our luggage was not yet off the plane. (We were SMOKIN TODAY!!!) Brian waited with the stroller and the carseat, which he seemed to think was a fair trade off for sending me with all three kids to get the luggage. Corey, being 15 actually WAS a big help, but after the 10th time of telling Lydia to
PLEEEEEZE get her hair away from the conveyor belt,
and telling her that
NO this was NOT a ride
and
Do NOT climb on there!
and progressively getting louder and louder as I said,
"LYDIA!
LYDIA!
LYYYYYYYYYYYYYYD
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
UUUUUUUUUUUUUU
RRRROOOOOOO
ZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!
"

I sent her over to help Brian guard the stroller and carseat. I figured he needed help, seeing as how HE was ALL ALONE! You just never know what kind of trouble a carseat and stroller could get into! Yep, that is considerate thoughtful me again!
14.gif

Corey, Arminda and I grabbed the luggage and then dragged it over to Brian. Brian in the meantime had decided to hire one of those guys to help us take the luggage to the car, so the guy threw our stuff onto a cart and started off at a fast trot to our rental car counter.

I am not stupid, so I am QUITE sure I could have figured out how to check into the rental car counter with the computer. I mean, at the grocery store, I would RATHER go through the self checkout lanes. I don't like having to deal with strangers if I don't have to. Or, as Corey once put it, "I don't like human interaction." (I don't consider any of my Disboard friends strangers though!
3.gif
) However, our very helpful guy (I know these guys have a name, but I can't think of what it is) decided I couldn't possibly figure out how to click "next" on my own, so he stood over me and told me what to push. It was nice but rather annoying at the same time. I think he wanted a big tip. After I took our paperwork, the guy took our luggage (ok, I'm cracking up laughing right now, because I just asked Brian, "What do you call the guys that take your luggage"?, to which he replied without a pause, "Thieves.") trotted out of the airport, and across a busy little street to the parking garage. He took us to a row of minivans (no cramped little car for us THIS year, we were riding in style!!) and told us to take our pick. Being eaily amazed, we were very impressed that we got to actually PICK any car in the row we wanted!!! Of course, we gravitated towards the Chevys, but the ever "helpful" luggage guy tried to talk us into a Dodge! EEEGADS :scared1: !!
It must have been some sort of mini jet lag, because we started loading our stuff into it!!! I know, I know, what the heck were we thinking??? We are born and raised GM people for pete's sake! (I know, Cindee, how could we!)

After hooking up two carseats and loading the luggage, we regained our senses and woke as if from some sort of (bad)dream. Shaking our heads to clear them from our fog, we quickly began unloading and unhooking carseats and I desperately yelled to Corey:
"Get into a CHEVY!!! QUICK!!! Before they are all gone!!!"
Never mind that there was only one car gone in the entire row of minivans, and every third car was a Chevy, we weren't taking any chances!!!
Here's the minivan we ended up with, isn't it pretty:

2db8899c.jpg

As we settled into our Chevy Uplander, Brian and I looked at each other with a sigh of relief, knowing we had narrowly escaped driving off into some sort of strange alternate universe where Dodge is considered better than a Chevy!!
2.gif
[[[[[shudder]]]]]]] We held hands as we drove out of the parking garage and to our new Florida home (at least for the next week).

Part 5:Brian and I have a "misunderstanding"(post#73)

I might just have to get that camera! I was looking at few disney ones but found them so hard to figure out what actually was on them and how many megapixels they were! Is it small enough to fit in my pocket?

I guess it depends on how big your pocket is! It's about the same size as one of the old 110 cameras, if anyone remembers those!

I love it!!! :thumbsup2 and what a narrow escape you made by getting the chevy!! jet lag truly is a terrible thing isn't it ;)

after the 10th time of telling Lydia to
PLEEEEEZE get her hair away from the conveyor belt,
and telling her that
NO this was NOT a ride
and
Do NOT climb on there!
and progressively getting louder and louder as I said,
"LYDIA!
LYDIA!
LYYYYYYYYYYYYYYD
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
UUUUUUUUUUUUUU
RRRROOOOOOO
ZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!
"
Teresa Joy you cracky me up-we are so much alike! My boys may not have the long hair to get caught up in the conveyor belt-but I can think of a 1/2 dozen other things they'd try to cram in there!:rotfl: :rotfl:

(ok, I'm cracking up laughing right now, because I just asked Brian, "What do you call the guys that take your luggage"?, to which he replied without a pause, "Thieves.")
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"Get into a CHEVY!!! QUICK!!! Before they are all gone!!!"
Here's the minivan we ended up with, isn't it pretty
SWEET ride!!!!!:)

More please, can't wait for more....popcorn::

:rotfl: This is your best installment yet!! :rotfl: I love it! I am truly appalled that you put everything into a DODGE :scared1: first! I find it rather funny that the "bag guy" even helped you pick out a van. I also crackyed up when I read Brian's "thieves" retort.

Great update! Now, you need to make the people wait for the next one!

Great update! Traveling with 4 kids, skycaps have become my bestest friends at the airport! Or "thieves" as they are also known :rotfl: I LOVE that you put everything in a Dodge then took it all back out to move to the Chevy!:rotfl2: That is just too funny. My dad was a total Chevy guy. It takes us so much time and effort to get off a plane that we just wait until everyone else gets off first. You are an excellent storyteller! :snooty:

John makes parts for Ford and Chevy, and we drive a Dodge. Not saying John's work is not good, mind you. Just sayin'.

Lydia Rose and Katie Rose need to get together some time. Hint, Hint.

Keep up the good work! :wizard:

Your TR is off to a great start! I can't wait to hear more about your FL adventures!

Loved this installment!! my dad is also a Chevy man, always has been always will be!! Our car (a Dodge) is not our good books right now!! It came off of warrenty about a year ago, and has basically decided to fall apart!! Things that shouldn't go wrong with a car yet, have, and so on. LOL So my dad has kindly reminded us that we should have bought a Chevy...lol

Can't wait to hear more!!!

Yeah! Another installment!
Glad you are liking it!!! Are you checking to see when you show up? ;)

I love it!!! :thumbsup2 and what a narrow escape you made by getting the chevy!! jet lag truly is a terrible thing isn't it ;)

I know!!!! We are still recovering, we fear therapy may be in order!

Teresa Joy you cracky me up-we are so much alike! My boys may not have the long hair to get caught up in the conveyor belt-but I can think of a 1/2 dozen other things they'd try to cram in there!:rotfl: :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

SWEET ride!!!!!:)

More please, can't wait for more....popcorn::

So glad you are enjoying it!!!!

:rotfl: This is your best installment yet!! :rotfl: I love it! I am truly appalled that you put everything into a DODGE :scared1: first! I find it rather funny that the "bag guy" even helped you pick out a van. I also crackyed up when I read Brian's "thieves" retort.

Great update! Now, you need to make the people wait for the next one!

Well, thank you dear sister!!!! I have the next installment all wrote up, but I'll hold off on it for awhile! Actually, it was suppose to be one long installment, but then I thought it worked better to break it up.

Great update! Traveling with 4 kids, skycaps have become my bestest friends at the airport! Or "thieves" as they are also known :rotfl: I LOVE that you put everything in a Dodge then took it all back out to move to the Chevy!:rotfl2: That is just too funny. My dad was a total Chevy guy. It takes us so much time and effort to get off a plane that we just wait until everyone else gets off first. You are an excellent storyteller! :snooty:
SKYCAPS!!! YES!!! That is what they are!!! :lmao:
We usually wait until everyone else gets off, but this time we were really quick somehow!!!
John makes parts for Ford and Chevy, and we drive a Dodge. Not saying John's work is not good, mind you. Just sayin'.

Lydia Rose and Katie Rose need to get together some time. Hint, Hint.

Keep up the good work! :wizard:
Hehe, a play date would be fun!
I didn't get to beep at you yesterday, did you miss me?

Your TR is off to a great start! I can't wait to hear more about your FL adventures!

There will be more!
Loved this installment!! my dad is also a Chevy man, always has been always will be!! Our car (a Dodge) is not our good books right now!! It came off of warrenty about a year ago, and has basically decided to fall apart!! Things that shouldn't go wrong with a car yet, have, and so on. LOL So my dad has kindly reminded us that we should have bought a Chevy...lol

Can't wait to hear more!!!

You should have listened to your Dad!!!!

Great report!

I think Corey is the spitting image of Brian.

Love the pictures with the Disney camera - very cool, especially for your Disney vacation.

Our last trip was our first time staying onsite and I tell everyone that one of my favorite thing about it was Magical Express. Loading off that plane and on to the ME bus without thinking twice about baggage, rental car, directions to the condo/house - pure Heaven, I tell you!

I grew up and a Chevy family and DH in a Ford family. We've been rebels and become a *gasp* Toyota family. :scared1: :rotfl:

Off to check out what your sista has to say...

Well, thank you dear sister!!!! I have the next installment all wrote up, but I'll hold off on it for awhile! Actually, it was suppose to be one long installment, but then I thought it worked better to break it up.

How dare you hold off on us!!:headache: please post it :hug: please post it

Woo hoo!! There and on the way to disneyworld!!
lol @thieves...too funny!
Great installment and the pictures made it even better.
Looking forward to more!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: theives :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I think the word you were looking for is valet or baggage guy....:confused3

I love your huge minivan and can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Great report!

I think Corey is the spitting image of Brian.

Love the pictures with the Disney camera - very cool, especially for your Disney vacation.

Our last trip was our first time staying onsite and I tell everyone that one of my favorite thing about it was Magical Express. Loading off that plane and on to the ME bus without thinking twice about baggage, rental car, directions to the condo/house - pure Heaven, I tell you!

I grew up and a Chevy family and DH in a Ford family. We've been rebels and become a *gasp* Toyota family. :scared1: :rotfl:

Off to check out what your sista has to say...

Really? You think he looks like Brian? :confused3 No one has ever noticed that before.

:rotfl2: Just kidding, he does look just like his Daddy! All my kids look like him and Heather!

OOh, the Magical Express is sounding pretty good!

A TOYOTA!!!??!!!! Oh dear....

How dare you hold off on us!!:headache: please post it :hug: please post it
Heather won't let me. :rolleyes:
Woo hoo!! There and on the way to disneyworld!!
lol @thieves...too funny!
Great installment and the pictures made it even better.
Looking forward to more!
Thanks!! Brian is a funny one!

fun fun fun :)
Thanks Leah!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: theives :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I think the word you were looking for is valet or baggage guy....:confused3

I love your huge minivan and can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Last year, we rented a little bitty car, and Corey got stuck between two carseats! :crowded: in the backseat. We bought him a digital camera to make it up to him!

Thieves! :rotfl2:

I remember that camera! I was so jealous of Arminda: thanks for the info on it.

Megan says, but where is Tessa? She really thinks you should have traveled together.

Hurry your sister up so we can read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter