• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

there are some new styles up on ds. what does everybody think? it looks like it is the older type of coated canvas in the sketch i think. anyone?
The material on the newest sketch bags on DS.com is different from the previous editions -- it's not the same as the original coated canvas or the shiny coated canvas. It's kind of hard to describe. I would say it's kind of pebbled in texture and it feels softer and more flexible. There's no sheen, it is matte in appearance. It feels almost like a textured leather, but it's not leather.

The material on the newest sketch bags on DS.com is different from the previous editions -- it's not the same as the original coated canvas or the shiny coated canvas. It's kind of hard to describe. I would say it's kind of pebbled in texture and it feels softer and more flexible. There's no sheen, it is matte in appearance. It feels almost like a textured leather, but it's not leather.

thanks for posting this. my original sketch bags from the first issue were the pebbled matte finish, is this different from that?? it sort of had little dots. maybe this is similar but just softer? oh, you guys who can pop on over to wdw to check these bags out in person are sooo lucky, lol!

I'm hoping that they'll be offering the Marathon bag at the DLR Half this fall. I'm gonna save my shekels.

Does anyone know if they've offered them in the past??

I'm hoping that they'll be offering the Marathon bag at the DLR Half this fall. I'm gonna save my shekels.

Does anyone know if they've offered them in the past??

They haven't, but Dooneys in conjunction with races is new as of last year. Then they were only offered for the Tink at DLR and the Princess at WDW, so "girl" themed races. Since they seem to have sold well I wouldn't be surprised to see the offerings expanded. It's not like Disney to ignore a money making opportunity. ;)

I think there's a good chance the design from the WDW marathon could show up at the DL 1/2 too. No rumors or inside info though, just a feeling.

cats mom said:
They haven't, but Dooneys in conjunction with races is new as of last year. Then they were only offered for the Tink at DLR and the Princess at WDW, so "girl" themed races. Since they seem to have sold well I wouldn't be surprised to see the offerings expanded. It's not like Disney to ignore a money making opportunity. ;)

I think there's a good chance the design from the WDW marathon could show up at the DL 1/2 too. No rumors or inside info though, just a feeling.

I hope so! I passed on the Tink one because I didn't like the styles.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

thanks for posting this. my original sketch bags from the first issue were the pebbled matte finish, is this different from that?? it sort of had little dots. maybe this is similar but just softer? oh, you guys who can pop on over to wdw to check these bags out in person are sooo lucky, lol!

The new material is different from the first issue material, although they are both pebbled in appearance. The first issue material is coated cotton material, and when you examine it, you can tell that there is a clear coating applied. The material on the new bags doesn't look like it has a coating on it -- it may indeed have a coating on it, but it doesn't "read" like it does. It "looks" like a matte pebbled leather or a well-done vinyl would look. I wish we could order swatches of fabric from the Disney Store, it would be so helpful for folks when a new style is released.

Hello All!!
I am headed to WDW for the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I want to get a Dooney. I don't like the race one ( I did buy the crossbody at last years race)
I want to get a bigger one. I like the ones the have in the cover photo on disneystore.com.

My question is. Where other than down town disney can I find Dooney.
I don't know if I will be able to get to DTD with all the race stuff going on. I have the disney visa card also, do you still get 10% off on a dooney with that?

Thanks for all your help

Hello All!!
I am headed to WDW for the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I want to get a Dooney. I don't like the race one ( I did buy the crossbody at last years race)
I want to get a bigger one. I like the ones the have in the cover photo on disneystore.com.

My question is. Where other than down town disney can I find Dooney.
I don't know if I will be able to get to DTD with all the race stuff going on. I have the disney visa card also, do you still get 10% off on a dooney with that?

Thanks for all your help

You can get the 10% Disney Visa discount on the Dooney's. I was at WDW last weekend and got one of the leftover marathon satchels at WOD and got the discount. The bag on the cover photo on the Dooney page on ds.com you might be able to find at Mouse Gear at Epcot or at Uptown Jewelers at MK. I know they had the sketch pattern at both of those locations last weekend but I can't recall for sure if they had that particular style. Or you can try the resort gift shops. Grand Floridian usually has a good selection IMO.

daizieduck said:
You can get the 10% Disney Visa discount on the Dooney's. I was at WDW last weekend and got one of the leftover marathon satchels at WOD and got the discount. The bag on the cover photo on the Dooney page on ds.com you might be able to find at Mouse Gear at Epcot or at Uptown Jewelers at MK. I know they had the sketch pattern at both of those locations last weekend but I can't recall for sure if they had that particular style. Or you can try the resort gift shops. Grand Floridian usually has a good selection IMO.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but you can also get an AP discount as well. I got mine in DTD so I could apply my AP discount.

Thak you, I know I want the sketch pattern I just don't know what size.
I can't wait. It will be my I Did It gift for finishing the princess half marathon!!

Does anyone know if WoD had the Marathon LC? Couldn't I call Merchandise Services and order it if they do?

Does anyone know if WoD had the Marathon LC? Couldn't I call Merchandise Services and order it if they do?

Unfortunately my understanding is that the letter carrier completely sold out at the Expo.

It can't hurt to call and ask though, worse thing that can happen is they tell you they don't have it. ;)

When I was at TrenD and WOD last Sunday (1/27), they only had the marathon satchel. No letter carriers.

i know this is off topic, but I went on a coach spree....

DSC_3345_zps65bd780a.jpg

quick question, i was looking at the new large sketch tote on ds. the original large version had feet on the bottom, but doesn't look like this one does. has anyone bought this tote? any thoughts on how it compares to original large sketch tote? thanks in advance :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter