Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Community' started by DVCsince02, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Disnut4925

Disnut4925 Mouseketeer

The brown sketch is gorgeous, just a fabulous bag! Congrats on your new purse!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DizneyDogs

DizneyDogs <font color=red>Mouseketeer<br><font color=navy>Sc

Some more new bags from Japan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. teddykins

teddykins Mouseketeer

Hey everyone great thread, haven't had a chance to read through all the pages yet (there's so many!) but looking at buying my first Dooney when I go to the World in Oct - I'd like to buy it before hand but I'm really picky when it comes to size of hang bags as I'm only a shorty :laughing: so for the prices they charge I'd rather see them in person before committing $200 odd only problem is theres a few I like so going to be hard choosing just one :) Is whats available on the DS site all there is at the parks or is there more there?

5. daizieduck

daizieduck DIS Veteran

Did everyone see on the Disney Parks Blog and Facebook page that Vera Bradley Disney print bags and accessories will be available this fall at the parks and eventually online?

6. supersuperwendy

supersuperwendy any happy little thought?

Where in WDW has the best selection of Dooneys? :lovestruc

I won't have a ton of time to search all the stores listed... where should I check first?

After reading this entire thread it looks like mouse gear or WOD is a good place to start!!!

Has anyone ever looked in the gift shop at Yacht Club?

7. daizieduck

daizieduck DIS Veteran

I don't think the Yacht Club has a large assortment of Dooneys. Mouse Gear and the jewelry store in MK have a lot and you can pretty much look at as many as you want without needing assistance from cast members. World of Disney keeps the Doonevs behind the counter and you have to ask a CM to show them to you. I always feel awkward asking to see them since there is always a line of people waiting to pay for their loot. Don't want to hold up the line!

8. MaryJ

MaryJ <font color=660099>Believes in Tag Gremlins, not T

Yes!! As much as I love my Dooney, I think I will like these even more. The only drawback to my Dooney is the weight of it, even when it's empty. The Veras are bound to be more lightweight. We will be there in November for F&W, so I'll be sure to check them out!

9. momwholovesmickey

momwholovesmickey DIS Veteran

I totally get what you are saying but that makes me very frustrated when I also feel that way. I am paying so much for these purses I should be able to have all the time I need with them. Either they need to put them out with security tags or have a couple of CM's there for them alone to help customers. I absolutely hate feeling like I am a bother when I am wanting to spend so much on a purse.:confused3

10. momwholovesmickey

momwholovesmickey DIS Veteran

Why oh why, will they not sell these different minnie bow styles on the disneystore.com website here in the states?:confused3 I just don't get this at all!!:sad:

11. DizneyDogs

DizneyDogs <font color=red>Mouseketeer<br><font color=navy>Sc

I know! I can understand the Sketch/Retro Paris and HKDL designs not being available and if they ever do Tokyo Disney Resort ones but with these being common designs you would think they would make them available worldwide.

12. Briarmom

Briarmom Bessie Robindale<br><font color=b26b70>Larry's bee

I didn't even know they made these bags...I just googled the DLRP Paris bag and it is gorgeous. I know it wasn't there a year ago.:headache:
    And the price in LBP is....:eek:
    I'm afraid to google the TDL ones.

13. Rivergirl2005

Rivergirl2005 Mouseketeer

Are they only available in mk? where is the best place to find them?

14. meryll83

meryll83 All it takes is faith and trust...

You can get the DLRP design via the UK Disney Store website :)

15. daizieduck

daizieduck DIS Veteran

I like the bows print better in the sytles made for Japan Disney better than in the styles made for the US.

16. elizabethswan

elizabethswan DIS Veteran

ds has dooneys 10% off with dooneyten today. the backpack and fabric sketch cell phone cases are back on the site in case anyone has been wanting these.:)
    i am considering the large sketch tote or large shopper . does anyone have any opinions/thoughts on these. i have the old version of the large one but was not sure about the new styles. anyone???

17. stitchlet

stitchlet Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

I do love my Disney Dooney's but sometimes I have to go with another bag because they can be so heavy, empty or full! :faint:

18. elizabethswan

does anyone own the dooney backpack? i haven't bought a new ddb in a while and ds has the backpack as well as the brown leather. i am really confused tho, because the description on the newer white sketch large shopper and large tote say that they are leather???? i even called and of course they had no idea whether the body of the newer white sketch was coated cotton as before or white leather as described in the item description. anyone here have info on this? wouldn't it be great if you could call ds and get an answer on product info?

19. daizieduck

daizieduck DIS Veteran

I am not aware of any of the bags being leather other than the brown sketch. I got a marathon satchel at WOD at WDW back in January and the CM tried to tell me it was leather. Said she saw a whole thing on tv about how they are made. I didn't bother to correct her. I just nodded politely.

20. elizabethswan

in case anyone is looking for the brown leather letter carriers, they are on the ds site now. were they previously available on there?

21. tryplm

tryplm Mouseketeer

Hello! I've been a long time fan, but never actually purchased a DDB. My first one came today, a sketch LC to use in the parks. I plan on buying asomething larger once we're there. I sense a new addiction coming on... :goodvibes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]