Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

Hello! I've been a long time fan, but never actually purchased a DDB. My first one came today, a sketch LC to use in the parks. I plan on buying asomething larger once we're there. I sense a new addiction coming on... :goodvibes

IMAG1185.jpg

IMAG1186.jpg

Enjoy! Beautiful purse ... you got some nice placements! :cheer2:

Yeah, I was really nervous about that since I ordered it from ds. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box & unwrapped it. DH thought I was insane when I started talking to him about the placement.

Yeah, I was really nervous about that since I ordered it from ds. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box & unwrapped it. DH thought I was insane when I started talking to him about the placement.

I'm lucky. My DH seems to understand about pattern placement. And about lining up all the stuffed animals to pick the one with the cutest face! :rotfl:

When I choose a stuffed animal, I have to take the first one I touch, otherwise I feel like I'm rejecting him. Makes it hard to just pick one up to have a look. Maybe that's what i have so many! But for purses I totally agree , have to inspect them all!

Sometimes the parks have bags that are not online or vice versa but generally the styles available are similar. But for instance didn't see any Minnie bows bags, totes or wristlets, black or white last week at WDW but they are on ds.com. The MK jewelry store and the HS store are good because you can inspect each bag without having to ask a cm. WoD has a good selection but as a pp said, all behind the counter so not very convenient. TrendE is the same way. I've found the Yacht Club to be pretty up to date with the styles they offer but not necessarily many of the same bag so you may or may not find the placement you want. But it is worth checking the shop there, especially if its convenient.

I went to WDW a couple to get my first DDB. (Well, also to go on vacation)
I looked at the bags at MK jewelry and asked at CM if they had any other in stock. She told me no, they had them all out. I found one in the window, that I would like to look at, so I asked another CM if I could see it. He said no, only the decorating people could take it out. This bag was on the top, so it would be super easy to get out, but no! But they did have some in stock that he could show me????!!!! So he found 6-7 bags in the back to show me. I guess they did have some in stock!
The next day I went back in and asked a 3rd CM if I could see the one in the window... No problem, she got it out for me right away.
So I did learn not to settle with the first answer, it really depend on the CM! ;-)

How often does a new look come out??? I might have to buy my next DDB bag at DLP and I'm not really into the styles and colors they have right now.

My MIL is at WDW right now, and has been looking at lots of bags, and wants to get the brown leather Dooney tote. In one store, a CM told her that in July the Disney and Dooney contract will expire, and that is why there is a Disney/Vera Bradley collaboration.

I know that Disney rumors abound, especially from bus drivers.:lmao: I also know that Disney has a collaboration with leSportsac and Harveys, which tells me that just because Vera is in, Dooney doesn't necessarily have to be out. I also don't want to stir up trouble, but I thought this was interesting, and more than a little sad if it's true. I wondered if more ladies in the know could weigh in??

That was my feeling. Why would either company want to end the contract?? I wonder how many thousands have been spent by the ladies posting on this thread alone!

I told MIL it was unlikely, but she wanted me to find out more details if possible.

I am going back to disney in july and would like to purchase another bag where can I look to see what styles colors ect. are available?

TIA
kim

I hope the contract is not about to expire!

Vera Bradley's are not really my thing and I've sort of made it a tradition to get a wristlet on every trip.

Has anyone else heard this rumour?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter