Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email back from D & B Customer service about how to clean my Mickey Faces bag. For anyone who doesn't remember my post several pages back, I bought a used bag on ebay and it had one spot on it. Several people had suggestions on how to clean it but nothing worked.

Dear Kathie,

Thank you for your email. The polyvinyl-coated cotton fabric is generally water repellent and should repel most soil.

Should the bag become soiled, clean with a mild soap and slightly water dampened cloth (sodium-free seltzer water may be substituted) or soft toothbrush applied in a gentle circular motion. This should be repeated with water only to ensure no residual soap remains. The material should then be allowed to dry completely.

No creams, polishes, cleansers, or leather conditioning agents should be applied to any portion of the leather trim. The 100% Vacchetta Leather trim will characteristically darken over time with use and with exposure to light.

Sincerely,

This doesn't help me since the Mickey Faces bag is not polyvinyl but it may help someone else. I emailed back and sent a picture of my bag. Hopefully they can help.

I saw someone at Target this weekend with the small white minnie bows purse. I have never seen one of the Disney Dooney's outside of WDW until now.

I have never seen a Disney Dooney out and about but my Pharmacist at Target said when she saw my Stitch tote that she owned the larger version. It would be fun to see them, I hope I actually see someone carrying one sometime. :yay:

I have had 3 "sightings" out here on Long Island. 1st one in King Kullen parking lot balloon tote (i think) 2nd at the movies 1st edition sketch tote, we were so excited I have the 2nd edition we were comparing bags my husband thought we were nuts, 3rd a woman in my sons PT office has the Minnie face bag. Love seeing Disney D&B's outside of Disney! Feels like pixe dust :lmao:

I saw someone at Target this weekend with the small white minnie bows purse. I have never seen one of the Disney Dooney's outside of WDW until now.

I have never seen a Disney Dooney out and about but my Pharmacist at Target said when she saw my Stitch tote that she owned the larger version. It would be fun to see them, I hope I actually see someone carrying one sometime. :yay:

I have had 3 "sightings" out here on Long Island. 1st one in King Kullen parking lot balloon tote (i think) 2nd at the movies 1st edition sketch tote, we were so excited I have the 2nd edition we were comparing bags my husband thought we were nuts, 3rd a woman in my sons PT office has the Minnie face bag. Love seeing Disney D&B's outside of Disney! Feels like pixe dust :lmao:

I saw the over nighter in the print that has both Disneyland and Disney World on it at Union Station in DC. She was getting on an Amtrack train

I hope so. I will keep everyone posted. I think I am just upset that i have not been able to carry it all this time.

AWW, Brandi!!!! :headache: That completely BITES about your new purse!
Well, if it makes you feel any better. Remember my new B/W Harvey? One of the metal feet were missing, my husband discovered it! So, I called them and told them it I just had purchased it at WDW, etc, and they sent a calltag and picked it up FEDEX. Took about 2 weeks, but I received it yesterday, the same purse, all fixed up. :goodvibes

So, sending you a :hug: and lots of positive thoughts for you!
I would've thought they've sent you a new strap and been done with it! :confused3

I received an email back from D & B Customer service about how to clean my Mickey Faces bag. For anyone who doesn't remember my post several pages back, I bought a used bag on ebay and it had one spot on it. Several people had suggestions on how to clean it but nothing worked.

This doesn't help me since the Mickey Faces bag is not polyvinyl but it may help someone else. I emailed back and sent a picture of my bag. Hopefully they can help.

I was the one several pages back that told you what I suggested for cleaning, Sorry it didn't work! :guilty:
And it looks like they sent the cleaning procedure for the cotton-coated bags. :sad2:
I hope your issue can be resolved too! Sending lots of positive thoughts for you, Kathie! :hug:

Twingle said:
Just got back from an amazing 10 day trip - and was surprised with a weekender bag for my birthday! I'll post pics later, but it's beautiful! And HUGE!

Happy Birthday!!! :banana: And congrats on your new BAG!!!!! I LOVE my weekender too! My FAVORITE D&B out of all of them!
You will receive compliments on it where ever you go! :love:
So happy for you!:cloud9:

I was the one several pages back that told you what I suggested for cleaning, Sorry it didn't work! :guilty:
And it looks like they sent the cleaning procedure for the cotton-coated bags. :sad2:
I hope your issue can be resolved too! Sending lots of positive thoughts for you, Kathie! :hug:

That's why I posted it. I figured those that have the polyvinyl coated can take note.

I appreciate your previous post. I'm usually the queen of laundry stains but this one is alluding me. It's really not that bad, and can hardly be seen but I know it's there. And it's on the bottom. :rotfl: Can you say OCD??? :rolleyes1

I'm debating about trading or selling my 40th anniversary messenger bag. I love the bag and the print but I am not sure the messenger style is me. :-(

I have my weekender bag and have been debating whether or not to use it for the first time on a road trip. Have to decide if I will be taking Minnie or Mickey cosmetic bag with me. I don't want to get the weekender or the cosmetic bags dirty :cloud9:

DSC00707.jpg
DSC00704.jpg
DSC00706.jpg

I posted some Disney Dooneys for sale on the Disney Dooney FB page. I have pictures posted as well. I will be listing them on ebay at the end of the week. Feel free to Pm me her or on FB.

I have

1st edition NWT White Sketch Medium
NWT White Sketch Wristlet
NWT Black Wonder Wristlet
Used once, with tag White & Blue Sketch Disney Cruise Lines Wristlet

I have my weekender bag and have been debating whether or not to use it for the first time on a road trip. Have to decide if I will be taking Minnie or Mickey cosmetic bag with me. I don't want to get the weekender or the cosmetic bags dirty :cloud9:

DSC00707.jpg
DSC00704.jpg
DSC00706.jpg

On a road trip you have a lot of control where your bag goes. On a plane different story. I think the weekender would be the perfect size. Have fun on your trip.

I'm debating about trading or selling my 40th anniversary messenger bag. I love the bag and the print but I am not sure the messenger style is me. :-(

You do what is right for you. I had the Kristen in the 55th Disneyland and the bucket in the 40th and realized the bucket didn't work for me. Then I got the Kristen in the 40th but then wanted a different style and bought the messenger in the 40th and sold the Kristen. So do what is right for you. It is really hard to make up our minds on these bags. But, once we do it is right and the changing of our minds so many times works out to our advantage or at least that is what I think. As my one friend says all the time, "Its all good!":lovestruc

DSC00707.jpg

OMG, I love your Minnie cosmetic bag Liza! I think I'd be tempted to just display that one and never actually use it... so I vote for taking the Mickey cosmetic bag on your trip.

You do what is right for you. I had the Kristen in the 55th Disneyland and the bucket in the 40th and realized the bucket didn't work for me. Then I got the Kristen in the 40th but then wanted a different style and bought the messenger in the 40th and sold the Kristen. So do what is right for you. It is really hard to make up our minds on these bags. But, once we do it is right and the changing of our minds so many times works out to our advantage or at least that is what I think. As my one friend says all the time, "Its all good!":lovestruc

All the buying and selling sounds sooo much like me. In fact I'm still trying to narrow down which bags will be my ultimate keepers.

OMG, I love your Minnie cosmetic bag Liza! I think I'd be tempted to just display that one and never actually use it... so I vote for taking the Mickey cosmetic bag on your trip.

I agree, that Minnie bag is so cute!!!:love:

All the buying and selling sounds sooo much like me. In fact I'm still trying to narrow down which bags will be my ultimate keepers.

I think all us Disney Dooney and Bourke gals are all alike at heart. This is why we need this Dis board to remind us we are normal!:dance3:

AWW, Brandi!!!! :headache: That completely BITES about your new purse!
Well, if it makes you feel any better. Remember my new B/W Harvey? One of the metal feet were missing, my husband discovered it! So, I called them and told them it I just had purchased it at WDW, etc, and they sent a calltag and picked it up FEDEX. Took about 2 weeks, but I received it yesterday, the same purse, all fixed up. :goodvibes

So, sending you a :hug: and lots of positive thoughts for you!
I would've thought they've sent you a new strap and been done with it! :confused3

Thanks....

I was confused by that too, I would have thought that they would send a new strap and just be done with it.

Oh well they know I can't carry it without a strap, so they are taking their time I guess.:rolleyes1

DSC00707.jpg
DSC00704.jpg
DSC00706.jpg

OMG, CATIRA!!!!!! Where did you get your Sketch cosmetic bags!?!?!?!?! :lovestruc:goodvibes

Gotta have!!!!! ::yes::

DSC00707.jpg
DSC00704.jpg
DSC00706.jpg

Love your placement on everything!!! I'm with Cat's Mom, the minnie is too perfect!

I for one am thankful for the changing bags:rotfl:, I've used the bucket everyday since it arrived and I love it! Thank you again! I'm glad you found the right bag for you:cheer2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter