• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

Yea think I am going to do the first one. I'm waiting for some of my crafting stuff I ordered to be delivered this week. I also picked up different colored ribbon as well to see if I liked those better.

Got somewhat good news. It's not set in stone just yet. Kevin may be off for 2 weeks after this job ends, so I'm hoping he can survive being alone with the baby so I can go visit my BFF for a long weekend. And if that is the case, I was looking around the weekend of 7/12, which is in my call in date for DFTW. So I can go scope out the locations a little better plus see her new house & get to spend some adult time for a few days. (Can we say overdue drinking around the world??!!)

Oh I hope you get to go!!! I love the invites you're working on... I kinda thought the second ones had a bit of a Haunted Mansion feel which I think is super cool but doesn't fit your theme... So that makes the first ones better but I personally really like both.

I like both sets of invites. I think I prefer the first one, though. They look very elegant! If you do go scope out locations, try to take pictures to share with us. :)

That sounds awesome! If you can make it down, I'd love to meet you for a Mickey bar :mickeybar

If & when I make it down, I would love that! :P

Well, I've been a little MIA. Kevin has been home, and right now we don't know if he's going to be off for the 2 weeks or not. Right now, he's off. But it can change at any moment. There's rumors that he might end up going to Iowa, which he's not thrilled about. But it's par for the course. So my weekend trip to visit my BFF is on hold. And if I do go, I'm going to end up bringing the boogerbutt with me. But that's fine. I can test out how he does on the plane. I'm just a little nervous because I'd have to do it alone. I'm kinda bummed about not being able to go. But she sounds like she's starting to get somewhat settled in. She started the new job Monday & loves it so far. I sent her a box down of some little things I made for her new house. Hoping she likes it.

The invites I chose the one with the ribbon & folder. Right now I'm waiting for Saturday so I can call DFTW to get us penciled in & then wait for the final confirmation of location, date & time. Then I can finish printing the inside. I think I'm more nervous of not having my date then anything. Holy cow Saturday! I can pencil in on Saturday!!! :yay:

My sister & her family have started considering on coming now. I am really crossing my fingers they do.

Haven't done much wedding stuff lately except start the invitations. Not much really I can do at this point. I actually need to start budgeting & thinking about Christmas. (Yes, I said that bad C word). Alex will be a year & half old come December, so opening gifts & stuff is going to be a blast this year.

Hooray for penciling in day!!! :) Fingers crossed you get the date and time you want!

We are penciled in! I should hear back from a consultant in 2-3 business days!

Here's a funny, the girl that I spoke with, her name was Kelly too. (Spelled the right way! LOL), and she's from the DC Area, which I grew up in Maryland, so we are like hometown peeps! Talk about coincidence! It was fun talking to her about "home" stuff. And she was super sweet. I did the survey, gave her all 5 stars for the experience. I love it when a cast member is just happy to talk with you.

I mentioned that my preferred choice was Sunrise Terrace, but that it was taken down & I heard about the construction. And they don't know if that is going to be available anymore & also it's down now because of refurb, but have heard
it may become available again, they just don't know. But she was going to put it in the notes for my coordinator. But of course when my consultant calls I'll give them all the details, they will have the calendar as well to
let me know if the 11th is open etc. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yay penciled in! I was so excited after we made that phone call last year!

I am drawn to the second set of invites (I know you are going with the first set), but I think it is mainly because they are easier to read. I love the color of the grey printing on the first set, but there isn't a lot of contrast, so it's harder to read, at least for me anyhow. ;-P

As a side note, my husband didn't want to get a ring because he can't wear them at work for safety reasons as well. Then we found these www.qalo.com !!! They are silicone and specifically designed to tear long before the finger would be ripped off. They are inexpensive, good quality, come in LOTS of colors, and are awesome people to work with! He now has 3 rings. :D

Yay penciled in! I was so excited after we made that phone call last year!

I am drawn to the second set of invites (I know you are going with the first set), but I think it is mainly because they are easier to read. I love the color of the grey printing on the first set, but there isn't a lot of contrast, so it's harder to read, at least for me anyhow. ;-P

As a side note, my husband didn't want to get a ring because he can't wear them at work for safety reasons as well. Then we found these www.qalo.com !!! They are silicone and specifically designed to tear long before the finger would be ripped off. They are inexpensive, good quality, come in LOTS of colors, and are awesome people to work with! He now has 3 rings. :D

The printing is going to be much better. I only did a low quality print as a tester.
I actually returned the ring & bought the watch he was eyeing for a surprise gift.

Oh, I missed so much! I love the wedding invites, both are really nice but I have a small preference for the first one.
Your penciled in! :jumping1:
SO happy for you. Can't wait to see if you will be able to get Sunrise Terrace. Fingers crossed!

Yay, hope you have fun in Florida. Enjoy every moment.:wave2:

*** Warning, Post Picture Heavy! ***

Well I'm back from my short n' sweet visit. It was so unplanned we didn't do much except run around & get some of her errands done. She didn't know if she was going to be able to take time off either.
But, she has a super new boss, and she was able to get the time off. I felt like a shmuck, we had to be up at 3 am to get me back to the airport on Thurs morning, and she had to go to work right after. God, I feel
so bad for doing that, but it was the only flight in my price range. (And on such short notice) When I got in on Sunday, we headed to DTD & got our much beloved Earle of Sandwich. And did a little shopping.
Sorry, I forgot to get Earle foodie pics. We did do 1 park on Tues, and that was Magic Kingdom. And Wed evening she had to be in Orlando for an appt, so we stopped by the Boardwalk/Yacht & Beach Club to stake out
some Gazebo pics. I love her new house. I think she's going to be very happy there with her little girl. They are going to make wonderful new memories.

Here's some pics for y'all:

20150714_085655 (480x640).jpg 20150714_184206 (480x640).jpg
The park was crowded. I hated seeing the construction panels up. We hopped the monorail back to the TTC, I saw the Wedding Pavillion & had to grab a quick shot. It's still pretty even though we are not using it.

20150714_104612 (640x480).jpg 20150714_101431 (480x640).jpg 20150714_104455 (480x640).jpg
HAD to do Crystal Palace Character breakfast! It's always been one of our favorites. I love this pic of me & her, we had a blast! My beloved Mickey waffle & those potatoes they have I had like 3 helpings. Love those!

20150714_150827 (640x480).jpg 20150714_150839 (640x480).jpg
We got lucky & were able to get a late lunch seating at Be Our Guest! I had the turkey sandwich with green beans. She had the roast beef sandwich. We both enjoyed our lunches. And we shared a chocolate cupcake dessert. It was so rich, but yummy. We both agreed a scoop of vanilla ice cream would have really made it better.

Now, during this time, I get a phone call from a Kissimmee number. It was my consultant with DFTW!! Her name is Diane. And so far, my date & the gazebo are both wide open! I need to wait until Aug 11th for the final guarantee. I told her I didn't care about the time, the date was more important to me. I just went over basic things with her, but I didn't have my planning book with me, she's going to send me all the info for the wedding to fill out. She did give me some bad news. I had asked about Sunrise Terrace, and it's not available at all from now and thru all of next year due to refurbishment.

Attachments

• 20150714_150827 (640x480).jpg
    20150714_150827 (640x480).jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 2
20150714_150846 (640x480).jpg Here's her roast beef sandwich for you foodies out there. LOL

20150715_172517 (640x480).jpg 20150715_172337 (480x640).jpg
Here's the gazebo! It is actually much prettier in person then the pictures I've seen. The area is pretty quiet, except for a few on lookers in the rooms, but for the most part, quiet.
The only issue I saw, and have no clue if they can do anything about is the rabbits. There were like 3 rabbits out & about and I saw a lot of "pellets" around. But what can you do??

20150715_172348 (480x640).jpg 20150715_172446 (480x640).jpg 20150715_172835 (480x640).jpg
This is about where the walkway starts. The middle picture is the halfway point. And then a side picture from the middle of the left side of the lawn area.

20150715_172626 (480x640).jpg 20150715_172650 (480x640).jpg
Me standing in the middle of the gazebo. It's really very small inside. And a picture standing at the back looking out. The fan adds a nice little touch, and very quiet.

20150715_173623 (480x640).jpg 20150715_173644 (480x640).jpg
Here is the stairway in the Yacht club. And the seat by the front window. I saw these areas in another brides photos that I thought were beautiful. Although the Yacht club is very dark inside.

kelly.jpg

And for your enjoyment, a picture that Disney snuck while we were riding Dwarf's Mine Train. I'll be honest, I thought the ride was cute. But waaaay too short. Big Thunder beats it out in my opinion.
So, since I've been gone, I haven't had a chance to catch up really on other's journals. (I'll get there!) I was so happy to see my little bug & my hubby, but I really needed this little get away. I missed my friend. I cried the whole
time thru check thru until I boarded the plane. I tried to nap, but I really couldn't. And now I'm seeing a post where Disney has a new package available that might be more cost effective & a cheaper version of the Wishes package. So I need to ask my consultant about that. It might be better for us to do that instead. Don't know. Will see. Still all depends if my sister & her family are coming or not. Too many decisions!! LOL

DISNEYFIREFLY I'm so sorry that I couldn't respond back until now. I do want to meet you & get a Mickey bar with you! I'm hoping I can get back down for another visit in October. Next trip will be more planned out. I'll let you know
if I'm able to go & if I do, I'll send you a PM!! Hope you're not mad at me.

Looks like you had an amazing time! The gazebo is so pretty! I think you made the right choice location wise. That shot of you on dwarf's mine train is hilarious. What is this about Disney having a new package? Did I miss something?

Amazing pics... looks like you had a great time! I'm sorry about the terrace, but the gazebo is so pretty. It will look beautiful in your photos.

I sooo agree about the Mine Train being so short. I definitely prefer BTM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter