Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teena,

Can you take a quick side- trip to central Massachusetts to set up my room?

And they sell covers for them .... so cute!!! One matches my Dooney Burke balloon Disney bag!!!!

Lol! I just finished telling my husband I'm customizing mine when we get there!! Are they selling the covers all over now? When I was there last month they were only at AKL. I'm not wondering what happens for the next 2 trips I have planned... wondering if I'll use the same band or if they'll send new ones?? Time will tell I guess!!

~N

**snip

Thank you so much for the very positive feedback!!! So glad you loved your stay at the Yacht Club. May I add a link to this post in the "BC/YC Trip Report Section" of this thread (Page 2)?

:goodvibes

**snip

Absolutely, link away! And our super-awesome room number was 4161. Definitely worth requesting and waiting around for if necessary. (No day bed however.)

Lol! I just finished telling my husband I'm customizing mine when we get there!! Are they selling the covers all over now? When I was there last month they were only at AKL. I'm not wondering what happens for the next 2 trips I have planned... wondering if I'll use the same band or if they'll send new ones?? Time will tell I guess!!

~N

They have some (not all) at the Yacht Club store. They said starting 9/3 they will be at the Marketplace too.

~N

I was told the bands can be active for up to two years. Apparently you manage them on line at MDE. The way it was explained to me was that you could have ten bands ... different ones for different outfits. OK guys stop laughing. Then you can just go to MDE and decide on the one you want active and all your information (room key, tickets, fast passes, charge card, etc.) will go to the band you tell it to go to. And you can switch bands hourly or daily or whatever ... you manage it at MDE. The thingy inside that makes it all happen has a two year life span they told me. So what I'm going to do is to make a note on my calendar that "purple band" expires on whatever date. I'm going to make mine 23 months on my calendar ... want to make sure it doesn't expire while I'm using it. Then you deactivate it on MDE and you can give it to a CM to recycle.

just pulled the tracking info for our bands - we got the email notice at 10:04a.m. today ans UPS delivered at 10:05!!!! Now thats quick! lol :) Cant wait to get home and open the pkg!!

I was told the bands can be active for up to two years. Apparently you manage them on line at MDE. The way it was explained to me was that you could have ten bands ... different ones for different outfits. OK guys stop laughing. Then you can just go to MDE and decide on the one you want active and all your information (room key, tickets, fast passes, charge card, etc.) will go to the band you tell it to go to. And you can switch bands hourly or daily or whatever ... you manage it at MDE. The thingy inside that makes it all happen has a two year life span they told me. So what I'm going to do is to make a note on my calendar that "purple band" expires on whatever date. I'm going to make mine 23 months on my calendar ... want to make sure it doesn't expire while I'm using it. Then you deactivate it on MDE and you can give it to a CM to recycle.

This actually makes a lot of sense to me because you can deactivate cards and bands on MDE now. I just tried to reserve fast pass+ for Oct/Nov trip but that isn't available yet... I have a feeling that will become available soon next month towards the end maybe... Everything the cast member told me last month is actually happening!!

~N

Got my Magic Bands (and the invitation to participate in the MyMagic+ test) today for my Sept. BCV stay.
I'm sure the info is somewhere on the Disboards (too much info out there to sort through), but I'm afraid to link up my UT tickets because I want to use the old FP system. Will this round of testing be able to use the old FP system too? I'm curious about the new technology, but not scheduling my attractions. I would maybe schedule a day just because I'm curious and want to try it out. We didn't even do the dining plan/make TS reservations because we don't like being tied down to times on vacation. Last trip was more relaxing the last few days when we began to ignore our TS reservations.
And for those who know, do I have to change my UT paper ticket to an rfid card now? Best place to do that?
I'm ok with just dealing with whatever change Disney makes, I just wish they would give us more information.

Different bands for different outfits, ooh cool

We're staying at the Beach Club from Sep 18-25, and I made my FastPass+ reservations when the option appeared one day on the My Disney Experience App, and on the disneyworld.disney.go site, but there's no sign of anything Magic Band related.

This may be a good thing, because our tickets aren't fully reflected on the app or the site - We have 3 tickets, with Parkhopper and Waterparks, but the app/site only shows 2 and no parkhopper. Our paper itinerary is correct, and the customer service reps for WDW have assured me that their system reflects the the correct tickets. The rep told me that sometimes the site doesn't fully reflect everything.

Hopefully, when we show up at the Beach Club we can get Magic Bands. If we don't take part in the test, I guess it's a small thing, but it would be cool to be able to try the next big thing!

Good Morning everyone, we made it in late last night and were surprised with an upgraded view room...awesome view of the BC and SAB !! Also we had a lovely surprise of cards for my birthday and our anniversary and balloons and candy on the desk.

So nice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter