Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Love it!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Flyz Ondewalz

Flyz Ondewalz Beach Club Sunken Treasure cherry eating fiend!

I vote for "My children did this to me in gratitude for taking them to Disney". Another one would be "How to rent Buzzy the fly, seeing eye guy after you face plant at Disney".

So, does anyone know if you can wear a magic band on each of you hairy fly legs ( in rainbow colors,) :rotfl2: or would that be too over the top?

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your fashonista guy...

4. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

Teena - safe travels.

Even though you have a lot of work ahead of you, I know you will have a wonderful visit with your girls!

5. beebeeryan

beebeeryan DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: I was thinking the same thing. Do hope you feel better soon, what a way to start a vacation at Disney! I keep thinking, should I bring my running stuff, but who am I kidding, I'll be sitting on the balcony too, even without knee problems! ;)

I vote for this one. :thumbsup2

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: 3 more days!!!! Packing is starting to pick up now, starting laundry today and then everyone just wears the leftover clothes. Already having trouble sleeping...I am more excited than the kids I swear. :goodvibes

Have a good trip Teena, too bad we'll miss getting to meet you. All the information you share with us is amazing. :flower3:

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

"My Luggage Packs a Punch"

"But what does the other guy look like?"

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I don't think we have had anyone do a price check of popular grocery items at The Beach Club Marketplace for awhile.

In March, someone provided me with a Grocery Order form for people staying at BCV. Orders by BCV guests must be placed 3 days in advance, will be delivered after 5 pm on check-in day and are subject to a $10 service charge. DVC members receive a 10% discount on orders.

Here are some of the sample prices:

1/2 gallon Minute Maid OJ: $4.49
    1/2 gallon Borden milk: $2.95
    2 liter soda: $3.50
    6 pack canned soda: $8.00
    1 gallon Zephyrhills water: $2.95
    20 oz. Dasani water: $2.50
    Case (24, 12 oz) Dasani water: $16.00

24 oz. Arnold White or Wheat bread: $4.29
    8 pack PopTarts: $3.95
    1 dozen Sunups Eggs: $1.95
    18 oz. Jif Peanut Butter:$3.50
    12 oz. Smuckers Grape or Strawberry Jelly: $3.45
    8 slice Kraft American Cheese: $3.95
    6 oz. Dannon Mixed Berry Yogurt: $1.99

I would appreciate if someone who is at the resort now or soon could check to see if these prices are (approx.) the same as listed for guests purchasing these items at The Marketplace.

Thanks!

8. MOM POPPINS

MOM POPPINS <font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh

What is the difference in the Villa... Wood view vs. Canal view??? Thanks :)

9. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Have fun Teena and eat your Wheaties!! Sounds like you will need them.:rotfl2:

10. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The woods view would be the side of the villas that face the wooded area between the Villas and Epcot.

I am not exactly sure which rooms would qualify as canal view, but I can show you a few pictures.

Here is a layout of the BC, YC, BCV's. You'll see in the upper right corner the location of the BCV's. The canal is marked on that map. http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu294/natebenma/Beach Club FAQ/BCYCMap-2.jpg

You can see the canal in this picture.
    [​IMG]

This second picture shows the section of the villas that overlook the canal. They would be the rooms that are the farthest to the left. You can just barely see the canal behind the pool buildings.

[​IMG]

The canal is somewhat interesting because it has turtles in it, or at least it did when we were there. Those rooms would be furthest from the BC, the Marketplace and the SAB pool. They would also be furthest from the boats and the International Gateway. But they would be close to the bus and the parking lot.

We like woods view closest to the BC. We've never had a canal view room.

11. mystery222184

mystery222184 Mouseketeer

Can you share your thoughts on the Yacht Club CL, specifically the lounge and food offerings? Perhaps compared to the GF or Poly if you have stayed there as well. I was thinking of staying at the YC next Fall but have been scared off by some questionable CL reviews. Thanks!!

12. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

We have stayed CL at the Poly and at GF Sugarloaf. The lounge at the Poly is considerably larger than the one at the YC and the one at GF SL. However, unless you go to the lounge at a really busy time (like 5:00pm when they open for the evening, or about the time they close in the morning) you'll probably not have a problem finding a seat. As for food offerings, all the CL lounges have pared down what they offer over the past few years. Last week they had bacon wrapped scallops, spring rolls, pot stickers, and a few other items in the evening (not all on one night). Breakfast offerings are pretty much the same at the Poly and GF SL, and include fruit, danish, muffins, bagels, croissants, hard boiled eggs and oatmeal. One thing I did discover last week was that they had a few trays "hidden" on top of the beverage cooler if you needed to take things back to your room. They did ask that you return them to the lounge as soon as possible.

I do like Poly CL but we had a CM at the desk with an "attitude" there a few years ago, and haven't been back since. The GF SL was ok, but I was not impressed by what is supposed to be Disney's flagship resort. We have not stayed at RPC in the GF, but almost everything I've read is positive. We just can't justify the price at RPC. The last time I priced it, it would have been almost double our monthly mortgage payment for a week, even with a discount!

We like the YC CL mainly because of the CMs. They have always been very friendly and helpful. After all the times we've stayed there, it's almost like going home and being greeted by family.

Just my opinion, and I'm sure others will disagree.

13. mystery222184

mystery222184 Mouseketeer

Thank you that was very helpful! It's nice to hear a good review :)

14. TPTraveler

TPTraveler Mouseketeer

What a nice surprise! Enjoy. :cheer2:

15. TPTraveler

TPTraveler Mouseketeer

Yippee!! I was finally able to customize my band today. I kept checking, and checking, and checking - you get the idea. :thumbsup2

16. TPTraveler

TPTraveler Mouseketeer

love this one...:lmao:

17. TPTraveler

TPTraveler Mouseketeer

Safe travels :)

18. 3SugarBugs

3SugarBugs Earning My Ears

Okay, I'm totally stressed and need some help! I was just catching up - been traveling for work quite a bit. Anyway, I'm just starting to wrap my head around this FP+ and MB stuff, so I go into my MDE account and when I select MB - it says this is my last day to customize...we arrive on 9/20 and I don't even have an email. So do I go ahead and do it? Please help! :confused3

I also have questions about FP+, but I'm trying to go through the posts and see if I can get those answered without repeating things that have already been asked.

Thanks in advance everyone...this Disney for Newbies business is HARD! :rotfl2:

19. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl DIS Veteran

We are all packed and DD is in bed ready for our 4.15am start to Portugal. Whilst we wont be trialling Magic Bands we will be modeling the latest in "All Inclusive" wrist wear.

It seems our hotel only has Wifi in the public areas so I no doubt wont be able to keep up with everyone having a marvellous time floating in SAB, knocking back Sunken Treasures and sauntering around as they have FastPass+.

Goodness knows what page number the new thread will be up to by the time we are back home and waiting impatiently for 180 days to start making our ADRs. :woohoo:

20. TPTraveler

TPTraveler Mouseketeer

Keep trying, the option for me to customize my band just showed up for me today. So far, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to when this option becomes available. My option said "Personalize MagicBands". :cool2:

21. TPTraveler

TPTraveler Mouseketeer

Yes go ahead and customize. It looks like the option sometimes appears before they ever get a chance to send the email. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.