Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news and bad news

Bad news: My Pipi had a stroke last night and he is in the ICU. I live about 5 hours away from our family and it is hard not being able to be there for him. We are all praying that things turn around.

Good news: We booked our 2014 trip today we will be at the Beach Club on
May 28 - June 8, 2014 Garden view room

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Me too! Went there as a child as well. Rocky Point was another old amusement park here in RI too. Certainly no WDW, but very fond memories with family...

I'm a native Rhode Islander and used to love Rocky Point. I remember Crescent Park and Lincoln Park too...

Yep we hit that beach but like the real ocean. Loved loved loved the Island ... we're do that more than once for sure. We just all had naps. We love this location sooo much except for the ocean beach. And we met Kit. They are staying upstairs this week. Lovely people. Bob loves the area so much. Says coming here to California for the beach is worth it ..even with the long flight.

Teena...beautiful scenery!

Good news and bad news

Bad news: My Pipi had a stroke last night and he is in the ICU. I live about 5 hours away from our family and it is hard not being able to be there for him. We are all praying that things turn around.

So sorry to hear...sending along some prayers!

Good news and bad news

Oh, I am so sorry!:worried: My prayers are with you all.

SueM : yeah we were at the airport a d they were asking for people willing to get bumped . We asked about compensation which was a new flight for wed. and the equivalent of a future flight and $300 so we decided since we did not have t be back to do it. We called reservation, booked YC with AP discount and hoped on ME with no wait :) it was awesome.

Nice!:thumbsup2

And Kings Castleland! Paragon was Hull, MA. Whalom was Lunenburg
Crescent was Providence?

My husband and I grew up in Townsend, MA and spent a lot of time at Whalom Park. We moved to Bridgewater when we had 2 young children and often visited Kings Castleland in Whitman. Now we live in Murfreesboro TN and want to visit some of the parks nearby!!

Good news and bad news

So sorry to hear your news. will keep your family in my prayers.

I like to think that we teachers are very creative in coming up with " occasions"

As a teacher and a non drinker there are days when I think I ought to take up drinking. Some days need something to make them better. All teachers will agree. Full moon is especially bad. :)

Good news and bad news

So sorry to hear. Healing thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

As a teacher and a non drinker there are days when I think I ought to take up drinking. Some days need something to make them better. All teachers will agree. Full moon is especially bad. :)

Yes, teachers are retiring / throwing in the towel at an alarming rate here......I'm thinking they might need to toss back a few more !!!!

Full moon in springtime at a junior high is the ultimate bad. :grin: Add raging hormones to the usual full moon craziness and it makes for some days where even the non-drinkers are longingly eyeing a bottle.

Yup, another teacher lurking here, anxiously awaiting my BC trip - 10/10 to 10/14 - and really enjoying this thread and its predecessor. While everyone here seems really nice, I especially have to send a shoutout to NinjaMom! You are completely hysterical in the most awesome way. I totally admire your child-management techniques, and wish more of my students' parents were like you...it'd make my job a lot more fun some days. :grin:

Thanks for all the info (and laughs) everyone!
Bookbabe

Good news and bad news

I'm hoping things are going well for him!

My kindergarten team has taken up cookies. You can have those at lunch. We're going from half day to full day next year, so I'm thinking we might need to add candy to our cookies, at least for the first few weeks. I should probably start baking now....

Full moon in springtime at a junior high is the ultimate bad. :grin: Add raging hormones to the usual full moon craziness and it makes for some days where even the non-drinkers are longingly eyeing a bottle.

Yup, another teacher lurking here, anxiously awaiting my BC trip - 10/10 to 10/14 - and really enjoying this thread and its predecessor. While everyone here seems really nice, I especially have to send a shoutout to NinjaMom! You are completely hysterical in the most awesome way. I totally admire your child-management techniques, and wish more of my students' parents were like you...it'd make my job a lot more fun some days. :grin:

Thanks for all the info (and laughs) everyone!
Bookbabe

You definitely need the BC and Sunken Treasures ASAP!!!!

Here's a Shout Out to all teachers on thus thread. I think you guys are awesome!!!

Well it has been a biter sweet first day... My friend who was supposed to come with called yesterday to tell me that her dad had taken a turn and was dying... She didnt come and he passed away this afternoon.

I had a nice walk around world showcase and had Fish and Chips in England for lunch followed by about 4 hour at SAB! Dinner tonight was at Flying Fish and I highly recommend the diver scallops mm mm mmmm! I am now laying in a chair on the beach watching illuminations while the movie is playing! Perfect end to a great first day!

For those who asked about water a few days ago. The market sells 1 gal containers for $2.95 they also have 1.5 liters for $3.95.

If anyone wants to know anything let me know I'll be glad to help if I can.

Movie time!

~N

Well it has been a biter sweet first day... My friend who was supposed to come with called yesterday to tell me that her dad had taken a turn and was dying... She didnt come and he passed away this afternoon.

I had a nice walk around world showcase and had Fish and Chips in England for lunch followed by about 4 hour at SAB! Dinner tonight was at Flying Fish and I highly recommend the diver scallops mm mm mmmm! I am now laying in a chair on the beach watching illuminations while the movie is playing! Perfect end to a great first day!

For those who asked about water a few days ago. The market sells 1 gal containers for $2.95 they also have 1.5 liters for $3.95.

Movie time!

~N

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. I hope you're able to enjoy your time at WDW. I spent NYE at Disney three days after we buried my father. A lot of people thought I was crazy but I found it comforting and it's still one of the best memories we have as a family.

Thank you for posting while you are there.

Movie time!

~N

So sorry to hear about your friend's dad!

This is going to be our first time at BC ever and it's during the "agency deal" and I am really worried it will be almost unenjoyable if it is sold out.
Anyone been when it was sold out before and was is beyond crowded?

Also, We like our chairs for the pool, so I am thinking we are going to be annoyed! :rotfl2: DH especially. He might resent me for not going back to POP where the chairs are plentiful.:rotfl2:

Disney had been doing a better job of 'packing' resorts. They are doing a better job of offering deals, having races, offering festivals so there isn't as much of an off time anymore.

We've been there several times in June and July when the crowd calendars put WDW at 8-9's and we never had a problem. We always found chairs at the pool. Now granted they weren't in the prime shaded locations but we were always able to find chairs.

Now as far as being "beyond crowded" I can't tell you that. I think that would be subjective and an individual preference. But personally I wouldn't swap a booked deal at the BC to Pop because of crowds. And I've stayed at Pop, All Stars, etc.....

Movie time!

~N

Sounds like bittersweet fun. You enjoy. You just took me a chair on the beach...:wave2:

Movie time!

~N

Sorry we were unable to meet up. Enjoy SAB :beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter