Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

OMG.... I thought it was! Brings back childhood memories for sure. I drove past that area just a couple of weekends ago on my way to the Wrentham Outlets and was pointing out to my girls how that area used to be an amusement park - they were like, huh?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Love the way your mind works. !!

4. KerriL

KerriL DIS Veteran

Me too! Went there as a child as well. Rocky Point was another old amusement park here in RI too. Certainly no WDW, but very fond memories with family...

5. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Yep we hit that beach but like the real ocean. Loved loved loved the Island ... we're do that more than once for sure. We just all had naps. We love this location sooo much except for the ocean beach. And we met Kit. They are staying upstairs this week. Lovely people. Bob loves the area so much. Says coming here to California for the beach is worth it ..even with the long flight.

6. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Happy anniversary !!

7. RainK

RainK Mouseketeer

This is going to be our first time at BC ever and it's during the "agency deal" and I am really worried it will be almost unenjoyable if it is sold out.
    Anyone been when it was sold out before and was is beyond crowded?

Also, We like our chairs for the pool, so I am thinking we are going to be annoyed! :rotfl2: DH especially. He might resent me for not going back to POP where the chairs are plentiful.:rotfl2:

8. HubbDave

HubbDave Remember, no matter where you go, there you are

The most recent New England DIS meet had a mini golf tournament (Kevin even played!) across the street from where Whalom Park used to be

Rocky Point was great. So was Lincoln Park, Paragon, etc

9. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

OK - good! Just don't want for you to miss a single bit! I think the island may be one of my favorite places in the world. We're staying 1 week island, 2 nights grand californian at disneyland and then one week upstairs from where you are right now (with my parents - yay!!) Can't wait to see photos of Lily at the beach!!!

10. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Not sure if this is typical, but I've booked standard with a discount and later upgraded to CL using the same discount (even after the "book by" date.) But it was always based on availability, so it's worth it to call and give it a try! If we are eating breakfast in the room (which we often do when staying non-CL) the fridge is essential.

We're in the same boat for DL next month - planned to eat breakfast in the room, but that's kind of down the drain with no fridge. The switch from regular room to CL at WDW has averaged us about $100 per night extra. For that price, it's a great deal for our family of five. But DL for our dates, it's $300/night extra for CL - crazy! Anyway, at WDW without a fridge, I would definitely upgrade to CL if the extra cost was $100 night or less.

11. KerriL

KerriL DIS Veteran

I remember Lincoln Park..Whalom and Paragon sound familiar but don't think I've been. There was Crescent Park as well.

12. HubbDave

And Kings Castleland! Paragon was Hull, MA. Whalom was Lunenburg
    Crescent was Providence?

13. Lalabubbles

Lalabubbles Mouseketeer

Good news and bad news

Bad news: My Pipi had a stroke last night and he is in the ICU. I live about 5 hours away from our family and it is hard not being able to be there for him. We are all praying that things turn around.

Good news: We booked our 2014 trip today we will be at the Beach Club on
    May 28 - June 8, 2014 Garden view room

14. KerriL

KerriL DIS Veteran

Ah, I do remember Whalom when I add Lake to it!!! And Crescent Park was in East Providence..

15. HubbDave

I think the carousel from Crescent was saved on site. The one from Lincoln Park is at Battleship Cove

16. HubbDave

I am so sorry. Hope he gets well soon

17. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Prayers for your family. It's hard being away when things like this happen.

18. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

SueM : yeah we were at the airport a d they were asking for people willing to get bumped . We asked about compensation which was a new flight for wed. and the equivalent of a future flight and $300 so we decided since we did not have t be back to do it. We called reservation, booked YC with AP discount and hoped on ME with no wait :) it was awesome.

19. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

This is the first I have ever heard about teachers drinking on "occasion " :)

20. Couchy

Couchy DIS Veteran

I like to think that we teachers are very creative in coming up with " occasions"

21. KerriL

KerriL DIS Veteran

I believe you are correct..Looff also made the carousel at Whalom as well as many others..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.