Don't Mind Me, Just Talking Disney to Myself - #2MORESLEEPS - Airline Issues :/

I need that Sadness tsum tsum in my life!! I have Marie, Daisy, Eeyore and winnie the pooh on my desk upstairs...my kids have some, too.

I'm also looking forward to the Lilo and Stitch ones. Oldest DS has the Stitch one already.
I know I will be in tsum tsum heaven when we get to downtown disney!!

Sadness was the only Inside Out Tsum Tsum left in the Disney store. I haven't even seen it yet and I know I want Bing Bong.
I'm trying to find a Sadness pop vinyl.
So far I have these three:
kGlOaaFLUDZvFOgNqsx_3xmq_RzuZH2k5xF9tLqsew=w640-h172-no

I tried to get into pin trading, vinylmation and other collectibles but so far Funko pop vinyls are the most addicting. Add that to the fact that they are only $8, makes them really dangerous.

69 Days until Walt Disney World!
Another milestone day - Single digits for FP+ and online check-in :dogdance:
My sister and niece are here visiting for the month and it has been one whirlwind of a first week. It's been go! go! go! visiting family and friends during the holiday weekend. We are all a little pooped but only my dad and I had to use an alarm today since the rest of the lazy bones get to be on 'vacation'.

I can't believe I'm in the 60s! Where is time going?

Let me see, let me see what is new in our Disney planning....Ah, yes! We have decided to rent a car for our road trip. This is something that I have been thinking about as soon as we settled on the fact that I would be driving down with them.

My sister's car is not ancient but it's been places and seen some things. I call it the toaster but it's an older Scion xB. It's fine for driving around town and even when we made the 1.5 hour drive up to ATL but I can't imagine being sandwiched in there for 7+ hours. It gives me claustrophobia just THINKING about it. Also, if you've seen that car you know it has like zero trunk space. We will need trunk space for our luggage (most likely duffle bags) but also the little's stroller and anything else we might bring or pick up for trip. Also it is a lot of miles to put on a car they hope to drive back to California. For the convenience of a newer car and peace of mind, my sister and her DH agreed to rent a car.

I'm happy about this for many reasons: more space, newer car, and BLUETOOTH. This means we can listen to pandora, podcasts and radio shows all the way down to WDW.
Now it's about finding a decent price. My BIL will be renting the car because they give military decent discounts but it will still come out to $100 for each of us (me/BIL). I don't mind so much as I know it will be worth the extra expense.

These expenses are adding up and I haven't even started to think about how much buying new clothes will cost :oops: I'm pinching pennies from now until our trip so I'm cutting out all extras - starbucks, fast food (which is very good for me) and other unnecessary items. That way I can sock more into my clothes, mani/pedi, etc fund that I'll be needing at the end of August.

My goal is to lose a size or two by the end of August.

Those vinyls are cute!!

I got a Snow White tsum tsum over the weekend because I've been looking for her FOREVER. Our Target carries them, which is either awesome or terrible, I haven't decided yet!! As for pin trading...well, we all have a problem getting rid of pins. We're more like pin hoarders. We'll usually buy a couple of "ugly" pins for traders, but most of the ones we buy are to keep.

I hope you guys can get a good rate on your rental. I agree it's the best idea, and it will make your trip more enjoyable. Both because of having enough space, and because you won't have to worry about your sister's car.

You're getting close now!! On the downhill slide!! Those last 60 days really make the waiting pick up speed.

Fast Pass +
*Tentative*
Monday, 9/14
Me - 7DMT w/ Rider Swap
D*Bear - Space Mountain w/ RS

Goose - Big Thunder w/ RS
All - Dumbo
All - Peter Pan

Tuesday, 9/15
Me - Test Track

D*Bear & Goose - Test Track w/ RS
D*Bear & Goose - Mission Space
Me (w/ L*Bear) - Journey Into Imagination (while D*Bear & Goose ride MS)

All - Turtle Talk with Crush

Wednesday, 9/16
All - Kilimanjaro Safaris

All - FOTLK
D*Bear & Goose - Expedition Everest

Me - Dinosaur w/ RS

Thursday, 9/17
ALL - TSMM
ALL - Indiana Jones Stunt Show or Lights! Motors! Action Extreme Stunt Show (this is a big maybe)
D*Bear & Goose - Tower of Terror

Me (w/ L*Bear) - Disney Junior live on stage

Can someone explain WHY The Great Movie Ride is a Tier 1 attraction? I don't see people running to it as soon as the park opens like TSMM.

Anywho, these are the tentative FP plans I've made by myself but I'm going to go over them with D*Bear this week to finalize before our FP+ day next week. I know FP+ will make for bigger lines, or they might I really don't know, but going of my last visit (2012), I rarely needed FP for any attractions. I hope that's the this case this time as well, or at least close to it.

Fast Pass +
Finalized!:smooth::thumbsup2
Magic Kingdom
Me - 7DMT
All - Dumbo

All - Peter Pan
D*Bear & Goose - Space Mountain w/ RS

Epcot
D*Bear & Goose - Test Track w/ RS
All - Journey into Imagination w/ Figment
All - Turtle Talk with Crush
Me - Soarin

Animal Kingdom
All - Kilimanjaro Safaris
All - Dinosaur w/ RS
D*Bear & Goose - Expedition Everest
Me - Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost

Disney's Hollywood Studios
All - TSMM
All - Star Tours
D*Bear & Goose - Lights! Motors! Action! Stunt Show
Me (w/ L*Bear) - Disney Junior Live on Stage

D*Bear and I just finished up finalizing our FP+ options. 4 more days!
Once we hit the 60 day mark, what am I going to do with myself???

I'm still trying to catch a lunchtime ADR at Sci-Fi for 9/17. If you see one for early afternoon, let me know!

Guys, I'm SO SO SO close to my 60 day mark.

Since I'm on the west coast, I'll be able to choose my FP+ tomorrow night at 9:01 PM. Woo!
I just need to get my sister's login since she holds the reservation.

I feel like I should be doing something right now and I can't quite put my finger on what it is...

Here's my list of deadlines:

60 Day - FP+
30 Day - start shopping for clothes for the trip
10 Day - Purchase all toiletries and last minute things for the trip
5 Day - Fax room requests to POR

I'm currently on the phone to hopefully add a note to our reservation requesting a pack n' play for the little. I read it was best to put a note in your original reservation in case for some reason there are a lot of families who request them last minute. I really don't think it'll be an issue but better be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
FP+ and online check-in done! Woo! I got everything we wanted and all of them early in the day.
I also bit the bullet and subscribed to Touring Plans. I'm not sure if I'll use them too much but it's nice knowing they'll fax my room requests 5 days before we arrive at the resort.

I have to go do chores, boo!

Following along since ours will be just over 2 at time of our trip. Hope you do a TR!

I always think I'm going to do a TR but I have yet to actually complete one
whistle.gif
. Usually I completely forget or life gets super crazy hectic. I will REALLY try to do one for this trip, promise! I plan on taking a lot of photos and videos of the little one so I think that paired with the reporter moleskine I plan on buying will help a lot.

Those vinyls are cute!!

I got a Snow White tsum tsum over the weekend because I've been looking for her FOREVER. Our Target carries them, which is either awesome or terrible, I haven't decided yet!! As for pin trading...well, we all have a problem getting rid of pins. We're more like pin hoarders. We'll usually buy a couple of "ugly" pins for traders, but most of the ones we buy are to keep.

I hope you guys can get a good rate on your rental. I agree it's the best idea, and it will make your trip more enjoyable. Both because of having enough space, and because you won't have to worry about your sister's car.

You're getting close now!! On the downhill slide!! Those last 60 days really make the waiting pick up speed.

Thankfully they only carry the basic Tsum Tsum at Target or I would be in so much trouble! :stir:
I did get Scrump, Lilo and Jamba when they came out earlier this month. :flower::angel:

I tried getting into pin trading but it just got too heavy and I was worried about always losing pins so I kind of just stopped.

I wonder how far out we need to book the rental car...I should look into that. I will probably have my sister look into when she goes home at the end of the month since military seems to get better deals.

I got one through Disney Movie Rewards. If you belong to DMR check out some of the rewards, they only had Sadness! I reall want Joy too!!

Thanks for the tip! I'm going over to see how many points I have accumulated.

Well, we are 54 days out today.

My sister and niece leave to go back home next Friday. I know my parents will miss them a lot but it will also mean that we are that much closer to the trip.

Right now I'm focusing on stashing spending money away. I also have to set aside money for the rental car and my luggage fee for the flight.
My sister still needs to talk to my DBIL but I think we might be adding a night at Pop century at the end of our trip since we want to go to Sea World on Friday. It's so much cheaper than any hotel near Sea World and it keeps us in the Disney bubble for one more night.

I'm trying see what my average spending will be and right now it's pretty low, around $50 a day. That's including tip, starbucks mug and an extra CS meal if I want to eat a a real breakfast. I've come to realize that I'm not huge on grabbing just any souvenir. I want something to be useful (thus the Starbucks You Are Here mugs) and special.

I'm here! I'm here!

We were on vacation, and then I started my TR.

I hope your planning is going well!!

ROMANS, COUNTRYMEN, LEND ME YOUR EARS!

I'm kind of dying over here because I really have about nothing left to plan for our trip.

We do need to find a room since we are going to Sea World and won't be driving home until a day later. I wanted to stay on property but everything is practically booked up. After reading reviews and pricing, I've booked us for our last night at Springhill Suites by Marriott. No stupid service fee or parking fee and they offer free hot breakfast, shuttle to Sea world, a Quick Queue ticket (front of the line) AND they won't charge my card until we actually stay there. :thumbsup2

My BIL is in charge of finding and booking the car rental and I hope he can get a good military discount.

Other than that I have to WAIT :yo-yo::tilt::rolleyes1

My sister and niece are leaving tomorrow morning (VERY VERY EARLY :sad2:) to go back home. It's going to be hardest on my mom because she was the one at home with them all the time. I hope it will help her to remember that it will only be 116 days until we all go to GA to spend Thanksgiving with them. Last time they left my mom was really down. I'm glad that my younger sister will still be on summer break, so hopefully they can schedule some fun stuff to do.

Today we are 45 days out from vacation!
:yay::crazy:

I am in the same boat. The waiting game.

Everything is done...i keep going over my plans to make sure I like fast pass times etc...

I am here too, when I can be. I started a new job that has been a steeeeeep learning curve, and that I come home from entirely exhausted from every day, but I am here. Now I'm on vacation visiting family in Kentucky/Nashville, and have a little bit more time to be on the DIS. It is so frustrating to not have time to camp on here and get my fixes. ;)

Anyway, YAY for all those FP+ options you got; how fun that all that you wanted were available.

I understand your wanting to try and cut out all extras. One thing I'm thinking of doing from here on out (over the next year) is immediately transfer the money to the Disney account when I would have spent on that meal at fast food, but didn't. Seriously, on school days I easy go through $10 a day on coffee and FF or lunch at the hospital cafe. It sure would add up!

Glad you made the final decision on the rental too. I think it will work out nicely to have the extra room and have everyone more comfy for the ride down. It will give you more flexibility too. Good move!

I am here too, when I can be. I started a new job that has been a steeeeeep learning curve, and that I come home from entirely exhausted from every day, but I am here. Now I'm on vacation visiting family in Kentucky/Nashville, and have a little bit more time to be on the DIS. It is so frustrating to not have time to camp on here and get my fixes. ;)

Anyway, YAY for all those FP+ options you got; how fun that all that you wanted were available.

I understand your wanting to try and cut out all extras. One thing I'm thinking of doing from here on out (over the next year) is immediately transfer the money to the Disney account when I would have spent on that meal at fast food, but didn't. Seriously, on school days I easy go through $10 a day on coffee and FF or lunch at the hospital cafe. It sure would add up!

Glad you made the final decision on the rental too. I think it will work out nicely to have the extra room and have everyone more comfy for the ride down. It will give you more flexibility too. Good move!

Hi!
I bet your new job is keeping you on your toes!

Thanks for popping in :)
I hope you enjoy your time with your family.

Just this week I learned I'll be working OT so that extra money is definitely going straight into the Disney bank.

I am in the same boat. The waiting game.

Everything is done...i keep going over my plans to make sure I like fast pass times etc...

I don't even get the joy of waiting for Mickey mail because everything is being sent down to my sister's place as it the reservation is in my BIL's name. Also, I kinda don't trust myself to receive them and not forget them in here in California. That's a nightmare waiting to be had! LOL :crazy:

Currently working OT this week so I'm happy about saving up my spending money just a little bit faster!

:wave:Sorry it's been awhile since I responded. Catching up in comments now.

The plan is to be at the bus stop no later than 8:15 AM. Hopefully getting us to MK and through security by 8:45/8:50 AM. Since we're activating our tickets & MBs the night before, we can bypass the ticketing windows at MK.
I have to say, this is extremely optimistic and almost setting yourselves up for failure. If you are planning on using anything but the east depot I don't see you having any luck with this plan. To get to MK it took us on average at bare minimum of two hours if relying on the bus. Since you will have a car I might plan to use that for MK Rope Drop. I assure you, your chances of arrival in time sans extreme amounts of stress are much better.

IS ANYONE OUT THERE???
HELLOOOOO?
:confused:
:wave::wave2::wave:

Other than that I have to WAIT :yo-yo::tilt::rolleyes1
Waiting isn't a bad thing. :rotfl:Enjoy the anticipation.

Today we are 45 days out from vacation!
:jumping1:party: Almost there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter