Don't Mind Me, Just Talking Disney to Myself - #2MORESLEEPS - Airline Issues :/

Following along! We'll be making our first WDW trip at the end of next year. For now, I'm just having fun watching others plan. pixiedust:

We are 85 days out people! 85! I can't believe that in less than 3 months we will be checking into Port Orleans Riverside!

Before FP+ came into play, all the necessary planning had been done by this point. I have yet to even scribble down some sort of touring plan for ourselves. Our Fastpass+ day is in 25 days. Ahhhh! :earseek:
I need to look at all the fastpass attraction and tier lists to try to wrap my head around it and find the best selection for us.

The only thing I know is which park we are touring on each day. The military tickets are hoppers but I'm not sure if we will be hopping a lot so don't want to put it down on a schedule.

So far, this is the bare bones of our touring plan:

Sunday 9/13 - Check-in at POR around 2 - 3 PM. :flower:

Monday 9/14 - Magic Kingdom / BOG @ 6 PM

Tuesday 9/15 - Epcot / Yachtsman Steakhouse @ 6:30 PM

Wednesday 9/16 - Animal Kingdom / Whispering Canyon Cafe @ 5 PM

Thursday 9/17 - Hollywood Studios / No ADR

Friday 9/19 - Check-out of POR
(Maybe) Check-in at Pop Century since we might go to Sea World
Saturday 9/20 - Drive back to Georgia:sad2:

Sunday 9/21 - I fly back home to CA :sad2::sad1:

I will elaborate on our touring plan for each day in separate posts to make them easier to read.

Caught up!
It's crazy the jigsaw puzzle you need to put together with different deadline dates for FP+, dining, finding out park hours, etc. Haven't had to do that myself since FP+ came on the scene.
I can't believe you dropped Le Cellier for Yachtsman! I think I have heard that the steaks at Yachtsman might be even better than Le Cellier, but I'm dying for a reservation at Le Cellier and hope to get it this time. Any restaurant that has a section of the menu devoted to Canadian ambrosia, also known as poutine, is ok with me.

Caught up!
It's crazy the jigsaw puzzle you need to put together with different deadline dates for FP+, dining, finding out park hours, etc. Haven't had to do that myself since FP+ came on the scene.
I can't believe you dropped Le Cellier for Yachtsman! I think I have heard that the steaks at Yachtsman might be even better than Le Cellier, but I'm dying for a reservation at Le Cellier and hope to get it this time. Any restaurant that has a section of the menu devoted to Canadian ambrosia, also known as poutine, is ok with me.

Planning a WDW trip is definitely not for the impatient. I tried explaining the ins and outs of planning a trip to a friend who was considering going and they were overwhelmed by just the cliff notes version! I told them I'd help break it down if they ever decided to visit.

I know, I know! I enjoyed Le Cellier when I went in 2012 but it was only a 1 TS credit back then and my BIL is somewhat of a steak snob :rolleyes: but not really, I just want to give him the best experience possible since it's his first trip and I have to get him hooked somehow, right?!

Day 0/1 - Traveling Day
guess-the-emoji-up-574.jpg

Now, I know people have had their fair share of crappy travel but I feel like it's a real vacation when I have to get on a plane. I love traveling day because getting there is part of the fun and excitement.
My vacation starts a day earlier than our actual trip dates. I live in Los Angeles and after talking with my sister, and for some insane reason, I agreed to fly to ATL and drive down to WDW with them. I don't know exactly why I agreed to this because it will mean 4+ hours in the plane and then an additional 6-7 hours in the car. It also means I have to pass on using one of my favorite WDW perks: Magical Express
plan-vacations-dme-thumbnail.jpg

I've concluded that I must really love my family! :crazy:

Friday/ Saturday (9/11 - 9/12) - Day 0

11:25 PM - Red eye out of LAX to ATL,
7:45 AM - Shuttle to D*Bear's town
Get picked up by D*Bear
Hang out at their house and help finish last minute packing

Sunday 9/13 - Day 1
  • On the road by 5/6 AM
  • Pit stop by 9/ 10 AM - Food and to stretch our legs, let the little one run around in a play area.
  • Back on the road by 10/ 11 AM
  • Arrive at Port Orleans Riverside around 1/ 2 PM - This is barring any serious traffic or additional pit stop.
** ETA: I just realized we will have to stop at Walmart before checking into our resort. The plan for breakfast during our vacation will be having something quick in the room or from the food court. Although D*Bear could do a full breakfast, she's fine with just oatmeal and coffee. Goose doesn't care much for breakfast food and while I'm at WDW, I have no immediate morning appetite (which I learned at Donald's Safari breakfast on my solo trip). Really, L*Bear is the only one who NEEDS to eat her full breakfast. So we'll have to grab our breakfast items & milk for the little.

Once we arrive we aren't completely sure what we'll do. Right now my sister is adamant that she will want to jog around the resort - HA! :thumbsup2 I can't see you running in 85+ degree temps with such high humidity.

My BIL is a bit more realistic and said he would probably want to take nap after all that driving.

I don't know if I could be able to sleep after FINALLY being in WDW. I told my sister that I would take the little to the pool.

We have a dinner ADR at Ohana so I want us all showered and ready to go around 5pm. Then we'll take the bus over to MK and then hop on a ferry to the Poly.
Hopefully we get there a little early so we can check out Trader Sam's too :scratchin

After dinner, we might go to DTD and walk around a bit but we still want to be in our hotel around 9pm to be ready for our first full day in the parks on Monday.

Last edited:

Following along! We check in to POR on the same day, and are doing MK the same day as you as well :)

Hope to see you around!!

Another option for arrival would be to go explore DTD for a bit. The boat is a pleasant way to start a trip.

I'm anticipating this trip taking us around 8 hours with food and potty breaks. That would put us arrive at POR around 1:30-2PM. My sister thought it might be better to see how everyone is feeling at the moment. We want to shower and freshen up before heading over to MK to activate our tickets and then ferrying over to the Poly for Ohana at 6pm. I was thinking to go straight to DTD since check-in is at 3pm but being in DTD with grumpy people might not be a good way to start out our trip so we'll stick to my sister's plan.

Following along! We check in to POR on the same day, and are doing MK the same day as you as well :)

Hope to see you around!!

I found your PTR. HOLY COW that is a lot of traveling but your trip sounds like fun! Thanks for following my PTR.

Hey there! :J)

Didn't realize you had a thread going! I will bookmark and be back after vacation. But you have a mighty nice start here!

I can't believe we are in the 70s!

Straying from my itinerary planning because it just doesn't exist right now and every time I try to sit down and continue, I get a little overwhelmed. I still have time!

Let's talk about budgets!
I know you're all thinking 'But Cristabel, your trip is already paid off!" and if you're not then I may have neglected to post about it...well, moving on! I'm referring to a budget for the duration of the trip. This means anything from snacks at the gas station on the way down to the world to tips at our TS meals and all that falls in between. While trying to decided how much I should set aside for those kinds of things, I talked to my mom who was getting ready for her own trip across the pond. She said that she normally budgets $100 per day for everything. Snacks, drinks, souvenirs, odds & ends. I thought that was pretty steep since I can't see myself blowing through $100 every day since we have the dining plan but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense.

On my 2012 solo trip, I had given myself a measly budget and therefore had to turn some things down and in the end went over budget and by the time I had gotten home I was completely broke if not in debt.

I don't want to feel restricted or worry about using 'too much' money. That would definitely harsh my vacation vibe. Also, as a great and loving auntie, I know I will be fast and loose when it comes to my niece. Now! before all of you in parental roles shake your heads and virtually 'tsk tsk tsk', I would like to point out that she will only be 18 months and won't realize she has me wrapped around her cute little finger. Therefore I will not be doing any permanent damage. I rest my case! :p:angel::laughing:

I decided that I would go for the goal of $500. I'm technically on vacation for 9 days but subtract two days for travel, two days for just hanging at my sister's place and voila! you have 5 days x $100 = $500. I wanted to say $600 but I think that might be pushing it. I have also decided the quickest way to save the first $100 would be to get Disney gift cards. I bought $75 worth earlier this week at the Disney store by work. I also cashed in some of my paypal credit card points for an additional $25 GC which arrived today in the mail.

Here are all my pretty cards!
2ladkxh.jpg
oqYq0EE1bC4nxL7WCGfyWqfqdUkNzyYRTCiy--12AnE=w480-h371-no

The remaining $400 will be saved in cash! Every payday I will go to the bank and physically withdraw money and put it in a jar or envelope to make sure it doesn't accidentally get used for other things.

Last edited:
Do you shop at target frequently? If you do, then maybe get a target red card debit card...I have my debit card and buy Disney gift cards and get 5% off every one! I'm paying for my whole Disney trip that way. It was $5600 total...with the 5% discount we saved $280!! It may not add up to much, but 5% is 5%!!

Do you shop at target frequently? If you do, then maybe get a target red card debit card...I have my debit card and buy Disney gift cards and get 5% off every one! I'm paying for my whole Disney trip that way. It was $5600 total...with the 5% discount we saved $280!! It may not add up to much, but 5% is 5%!!

I do have the Target debit card but I was at the mall at the time and just decided to get them there. It would have saved me something like $4 so I wasn't too uupset.

I'm loving your pre-trip report by the way!

Thank you for reading along :)

Day 1
MAGIC KINGDOM
(9 AM - 9 PM)

THIS IS IT. WE ARE OFFICIALLY IN THE DISNEY BUBBLE!
I will most likely LEAP out of bed before my alarm as a result of all the Disney magic I have absorbed overnight. You know they pump that stuff into the A/C right?!
Setting the alarm for the rest of the crew at 7 AM. I know it won't take over an hour for them to get ready so I'm building in some 'snooze' time. L*Bear normally gets up around 9am so there will be a need to some adjusting the sleep schedule.

I plan to have my clothes laid out the night before so I'll be ready in like 10 minutes. Then I'll see if I need to run over to the food court for anything. I'll help get the little ready so her parents get themselves dressed and ready to leave the room.

The plan is to be at the bus stop no later than 8:15 AM. Hopefully getting us to MK and through security by 8:45/8:50 AM. Since we're activating our tickets & MBs the night before, we can bypass the ticketing windows at MK.

I'm planning to schedule our fast passes for later morning and evening so we can take all the obligatory 'first visit' pictures. I'm hoping to find a MM share so we can get some great magic shots in the parks.

If we haven't gotten them already, I want to get 'first visit' buttons for L*Bear and Goose and 'We're Celebrating' buttons for D*Bear and myself.

We will head straight for FL and just see what calls to us first. I know Dumbo is a definite must that my sister wants the little to experience. From there we'remake our way around and just go with the flow.

After talking to some people on FB, I have discovered the joys of Rider Switch! This will allow us to switch out on three different rides and only one of us has to have a FP for it. Woo!

FP+
1. 7DMT w/ RS - Me (1)
2. Big Thunder w/ RS - D*Bear (1)
3. Space Mountain w/ RS - Goose (1)
4. Peter Pan (all) (2)
5. Festival of Fantasy Parade (all) (3)

Not entirely sure of FFOFP yet. I have to talk it over with the group and see what they might want to do but I do like this plan the best so far. L*Bear LOVES music and dancing so we know she will want to see any parade, just not sure if we want to use a FP for it.

Question for the audience - What shows would you recommend for an 18 month old?

Last edited:
I know I'm only partially into my first day of touring but I just had a great idea!

I currently have a Disneyfied composition notebook that I'm using to keep all our trip information. I was thinking that I would want a smaller one to take on the trip to keep me organized, somewhere I could put my ADRs and FP+ for each day and still having room for some trip notes. I really got the idea from @Steppesister. Thanks!

This the notebook I'm thinking about taking into the parks
MUHo-jjjn2pX98wznE-fC58193b2Clk5Nb458sMojQ=w180-h300-no

I will just disneyfie it with my Mickey scotch tape and it will be perfect!

You are entirely welcome!! I like the little notebooks, and will definitely be posting photos of my new ones as I put them together this year. That's what PTRs are made of. ;)

I need that Sadness tsum tsum in my life!! I have Marie, Daisy, Eeyore and winnie the pooh on my desk upstairs...my kids have some, too.

I'm also looking forward to the Lilo and Stitch ones. Oldest DS has the Stitch one already.
I know I will be in tsum tsum heaven when we get to downtown disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter