don't know if i'm elated or gassy, but i'm somewhere in that zone...fall 2014 PTR

has anybody else seen this? It just popped up an my Facebook page? I'm going to have to check this out! It might be worth staying at all stars versus CBR to get this rate (or close since we're a family of 4) and free MM!

Sorry if that's huge. I'm on my phone.

I did see that! That's a great price!

That looks like a great deal! Maybe they will have a deal for the moderate resorts as well? I would look into that for sure.

Days 2 and 3 look good. We have a very similar plan for MNSSHP. We are going to stay at the resort and rest during the day. My hope is to stay the entire party. My DD tends to be fine staying up late, and since we can sleep in the next day I think we will be fine.

I agree a short trip is soooo hard to plan, I want to do everything. I keep telling myself last time we didn't do everything and we had a great trip. So, this time if we miss things we will be back!

so I checked on prices with the sale I saw on facebook. now i'm even more confused! i pretty much decided to go September 25-28 so we'll have a 3 night stay and can either qualify for this free memory maker package or get free dining.

here's the breakdown.....

Caribbean beach resort for 3 nights, 2 day park tickets, memory maker, free dining.....$1569

Caribbean beach resort for 3 nights, 2 day park tickets, free memory maker, pay for regular dining plan.....$1787

so a little more then $200 difference.

or--to add to my indecisiveness--we could do All Star Movies for 3 nights, 2 day park tickets, free memory maker, pay for regular dining plan.....$1548 (we could also upgrade to a preferred room here, everything else the same, for $1618--also, not bad, but could stay at CBR for less IF free dining)

obviously, that's the best deal, but i sort of had my heart set on CBR. of course, we can always stay there another time. it's not like we're never going back....
(i won't even worry about waiting for free dining if we decided to stay at ASMo. i already know we're doing some table service meals and you only get quick service dining plan at a value resort, so we'd end up paying the difference for the regular dining plan or paying OOP, so i just threw that out--one less thing to worry about)

my dilemma now is this....do i book now with the free memory maker package and kick myself later if free dining is offered OR do i wait to book, hoping for free dining, and kick myself later if it's not offered AND i missed free MM? any opinions would be helpful.....thanks!

I'd book now with free memory maker and if free dining comes out switch your discount!
Problem solved! Lol

Even if you have to cancel and rebook your trip you're no worse off than if you waited and booked once free dining comes out. As long as it's released more than 45 days before your trip (it will be) than you're golden!

I second what AprilRenee said. You know I am the queen of changing my reservations:lmao: and it is always an easy and pleasant experience!

oh--you ladies are so smart!! I knew there was a reason I love being on here! Here's my plan--I'm going to book a preferred room at ASMo with the free MM. When we stayed there we never really got to look around and I would like to see more of the resort. If free dining comes out, I'll call and see if I can switch to CBR because i really do want to stay there too.

So I have to run all this by DH and get his input but he'll probably be ok with that (really, he pretty much just says "whatever you think" when I start rambling about Disney and deals and this resort vs that. I predict more of the same. :rotfl: )

And last--April, Annie and Jackie--I think someone said something about it somewhere else, but are we planning another STL dismeet? What's everybody think?

Dismeet, YES!! I wanna!
I'm free on Tuesdays and Fridays and every other Thursday! And I'm tired of snow and I'm tired of being cooped up in my house and I wanna see adults! Lol

well, I thought this was decided and that we'd do the monsters inc theme, but....we've had a change of plans!

Madison got a late birthday present the other day, an Anna doll. she loves it and plays with it all the time. on the box was a picture of the Elsa doll and she asks A LOT if she can get her too. now she runs around the house saying that she wants to be Elsa and Hannah (our little superhero lover) keeps saying that she wants to be Anna. rich was kind of thinking about being olaf, and I had a super cute idea for being sven. anyway, I think we're going to change our theme from monsters inc to frozen. it'll probably keep everyone happy (by everyone, i mean the kids will be happy which makes the parents happy :laughing: ). i think i'll keep the monsters inc theme idea for a couples costume idea for rich and i. i still think it's so funny!

so long as we all go together and i can make them light up somehow, i'm good.

my plans right now....for the girls i'm going to do longer tutus or pettiskirts, and make some sort of shirt to go with that is similar to anna's green dress and elsa's blue dress. maddie really wants the sparkly train so i'll make some sort of swishy part in the back.

rich will be easy, just a white shirt with black circles, pompoms, something. maybe with a long sleeve brown shirt underneath to look like his stick arms--if the weather isn't too hot. i want to figure out a way to make something for olaf's sticks on top of his head--any tips, anyone? rich has super short hair so i can't clip something in and i'm not sure he'll wear a headband (because it's girly and also because he wears glasses and it might bother him if it's hitting his glasses behind his ear). i thought about getting a mickey ear hat and attaching them to the hat? i think he'd wear that, and olaf seems like the kind of snowman who would definitely wear a mickey hat at Disney, right? :thumbsup2

for sven, i found a really cute shirt online with sven on it that says "sven and kristoff's quality ice sales". i was going to get that on a brown shirt. then i was going to take a pair of reindeer antlers that we have from Christmas and hang little sparkles of some sort (beads?) off them, like when sven tangles his antlers in the frozen vines.

to make the girls more glittery i was going to sew some random sequins on stuff (why do i LOVE sequins so much?!). i'll have to find something for the white streak in Hannah/Anna's hair and some little snowflakes or something to put in Madison/Elsa's hair.

i also want to make necklaces for the girls and i. i found silhouettes of anna and elsa online and was thinking about shrinking them and printing them out so they'd sort of look like a cameo. then i found lots of cute pictures of them to put on the other side. i was going to sandwich the whole thing between two of the bigger glass stones, like you can put in vases, etc or see what i can find in the jewelry making section. i'm not sure what i'd do for me yet. i also found some cute stuff on etsy--little figures/charms to go on a bracelet or necklace and some cute earrings i could wear.

to light us up!!! :hyper: i'm so excited about this part! :hyper: i don't know why, but for some reason, i'd really love it if our costumes lit up a little. i found a website that sells these tiny LED lights that you can attach to clothes or wear as earrings. i think i'm going to attach some to our outfits for just a little blinky light up fun!

:eek:.....i'd better get busy!

well, I thought this was decided and that we'd do the monsters inc theme, but....we've had a change of plans! anyway, I think we're going to change our theme from monsters inc to frozen. it'll probably keep everyone happy (by everyone, i mean the kids will be happy which makes the parents happy :laughing: ). i think i'll keep the monsters inc theme idea for a couples costume idea for rich and i. i still think it's so funny!
:eek:.....i'd better get busy!

Yes, yes, yes! I love Frozen and that's a great idea!! You DO need to get busy! I just ordered the first two pieces of my costume and I can't wait for it to arrive so I can get busy myself!! EEEEEeeeeEEE!

Your idea for sven is adorable, and I love the light up idea too! Good job! :thumbsup2

I abo****ly love you new costume idea! I pinned a couple of Olaf ideas the other day when I get on my computer I will post them for you.

Let's plan a dismeet! I am pretty free right now, so what works for everyone ? I am so excited to see you all agian.

I abo***ly love you new costume idea! I pinned a couple of Olaf ideas the other day when I get on my computer I will post them for you.

Let's plan a dismeet! I am pretty free right now, so what works for everyone ? I am so excited to see you all agian.

yay! can't wait to see the costume ideas! and check your PMs about getting together

Have you been checking pinterest for costume ideas??? Lots of Frozen stuff right now!

oh yes! I love pinterest! thanks!

Love the new 'theme' for the costumes! And your ideas are most excellent! It's gonna be awesome! :thumbsup2

Here is what I was thinking of doing for Olaf: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/152348399868769557/ http://www.pinterest.com/pin/152348399868769568/ I was going to adapt one of these for Bob's costume.

Love that first one! I think the 2nd is cute too but seems like the stick arms could get in the way on rides and things, the 1st seems more durable for activity.

They both look awesome though, I wouldn't even know where to begin with making those! I can't wait to see what you do!!!

Love that first one! I think the 2nd is cute too but seems like the stick arms could get in the way on rides and things, the 1st seems more durable for activity.

They both look awesome though, I wouldn't even know where to begin with making those! I can't wait to see what you do!!!

I like the first one too, but i'm not sure I could make that sculpted head. it's super cute though. I like the hat on the one with the stick arms. she just used a white stocking hat. I could totally do something with a hat and some felt. i'm thinkin' now!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter