don't know if i'm elated or gassy, but i'm somewhere in that zone...fall 2014 PTR

I also like the monster's inc idea!!! I have a princess too so I don't think that I will be able to get her in something besides a princess dress. I am thinking of making mickey bat shirts and just making her a tutu to go with it....she can wear her princess dresses on the other days. :confused3 I would go with that compromise...maybe then they wouldn't mind doing what you want for the night, they could wear their dresses the WHOLE next day :rotfl:

Thats a good idea! You will have comfortable kiddos that way too!

I'm here.. I'm here!!! I love to hear planning details!

I am a few posts behind so let's see what I can remember. Um. First up, LOVE the monsters idea and the tutus (so easy to make) would make it very appealing to young princesses..... So that's my vote- for what it's worth!

No judgement from me on taking your kids out of school. I am a firm believer that kids learn more OUT of school in the real world than inside all the time. I mean, is it better to learn about the Statue of Liberty from a book or see it first hand (just an example) and I do think kids CAN learn from even a Disney vacation. (EPCOT ALONE!). Plus family time, in hectic worlds, is worth it's weight in gold. I take my kids out all the time... only now having to stop as my oldest enters 7th and make up work becomes harder. I wouldn't sweat, at all, a day or two!

Love the proposal story- so sweet!

You must be a long lost sister- I also think & plan my girls birthdays months (and months) in advance! I call it 'birthday season' in my house & I love, love, LOVE it!!! Pinterest is my best friend!

I also dwell and plan vacations YEARS in advance (you know, instead of working which I'm sure my boss would love to hear).

We did Hoop De Doo for the first time this November- so it will be in my TR eventually... I will say we LOVED IT. It was well worth the price for us- we all had so much fun!! I think it might be on our 'to-do' next big trip as well.

Looking forward to hearing the planning stages. Yhea. Disney!!!

I'm here.. I'm here!!! I love to hear planning details!

I am a few posts behind so let's see what I can remember. Um. First up, LOVE the monsters idea and the tutus (so easy to make) would make it very appealing to young princesses..... So that's my vote- for what it's worth!

No judgement from me on taking your kids out of school. I am a firm believer that kids learn more OUT of school in the real world than inside all the time. I mean, is it better to learn about the Statue of Liberty from a book or see it first hand (just an example) and I do think kids CAN learn from even a Disney vacation. (EPCOT ALONE!). Plus family time, in hectic worlds, is worth it's weight in gold. I take my kids out all the time... only now having to stop as my oldest enters 7th and make up work becomes harder. I wouldn't sweat, at all, a day or two!

Love the proposal story- so sweet!

You must be a long lost sister- I also think & plan my girls birthdays months (and months) in advance! I call it 'birthday season' in my house & I love, love, LOVE it!!! Pinterest is my best friend!

I also dwell and plan vacations YEARS in advance (you know, instead of working which I'm sure my boss would love to hear).

We did Hoop De Doo for the first time this November- so it will be in my TR eventually... I will say we LOVED IT. It was well worth the price for us- we all had so much fun!! I think it might be on our 'to-do' next big trip as well.

Looking forward to hearing the planning stages. Yhea. Disney!!!

first--before I forget--I saw you mention something about the pirate cruise for your DD on Pete's TR. have you all ever done the pirate and firework party? It leaves from the contemporary. Before it you get to go into a ballroom downstairs and have tons of desserts, including Mickey bars (we love those!) and there's coffee and bottles water and lemonade, etc. then Captain Hook and mr smee are there to meet. They do a little dance party thing with the kids too. Our daughters were 5 and almost 3 but there were older kids too and everybody was having a blast. They even give you pirate bandanas to wear. Then they take you out on a boat and you cruise around and see the electric water parade and then the fireworks at MK. they even have the music in the boat. They also do trivia in the boat and the kids can win prizes. When you get back, there's a special m&g with Peter Pan. I don't remember the cost, but it was a lot of fun!

I don't feel too bad about missing school. My big thing is family time. My DH works two jobs and we don't get to have a lot of family time so when we can, I'm taking it. I remember going on family vacations when I was little and I want the girls to have those memories too.

We really must be sisters! I love Pinterest! And I'll tell you--besides birthday plans, we have this September disney trip in the works, and plans for a disney cruise in 2015, Disneyland in 2016 and wdw in 2017 with my very best friend and her family! I think I just like knowing there's always some fun event on the way!

I can't wait for hoop de doo! I always hear great things about it! I showed DH the food pics someone took (denovagirl, I think) and he was like "yes--lets go there now!"

And I'll tell you--besides birthday plans, we have this September disney trip in the works, and plans for a disney cruise in 2015, Disneyland in 2016 and wdw in 2017 with my very best friend and her family! I think I just like knowing there's always some fun event on the way! I can't wait for hoop de doo! I always hear great things about it! I showed DH the food pics someone took (denovagirl, I think) and he was like "yes--lets go there now!"

Wowza!! That's a lot of plans!! How fun!! We are thinking DCL in 2015 too bc Maddie will be old enough for the kids clubs then, but I also kinda wanna do WDW at Christmas first the DCL in 2016...so we shall see!

Haha, Hoop De Doo was soooo delicious. I get hungry just thinking about that cornbread and fried chicken!! They also had bottomless beer, wine or sangria included! I can't wait to go back there!

Wowza!! That's a lot of plans!! How fun!! We are thinking DCL in 2015 too bc Maddie will be old enough for the kids clubs then, but I also kinda wanna do WDW at Christmas first the DCL in 2016...so we shall see!

I know...I went a little crazy, but i'm ok with it! :thumbsup2 eventually, we'll take a non-Disney trip....eventually ;)

been throwing ideas around in my head for what we'll do each day and thought i'd get some down here.

I guess I should mention that my plan right now is to be there 3 days/2 nights and get 2 day tickets and MNSSHP tickets.

here is the sort of plan for day 1.....

I've been looking at flights to just get an idea of what is available, and I think we might try to get a flight at the horrible time of 6 am. i'm not actually a fan of getting the girls (and DH....or myself, let's be honest) up at 4 am to get to the airport, but it gets us into Orlando at 9:30ish and hopefully to our resort about 11ish. i'm hoping that works anyway. then we can just check in and hopefully leave our carryon with bell services (or better yet, our room will be ready and we can toss our stuff in there) and head to.....EPCOT!

I know I've said this isn't my favorite park, but we all really had a great time there last time and we missed some things that I would like to do. i'm not sure about ADRs yet--we will probably eat lunch there when we get in--maybe garden grill? the restaurant in the mexico pavilion? just whatever CS we come to? I would like to meet anna and elsa and am willing to stand in a little bit of a line since we won't be trying to get so much in. i'd like to try to meet belle since we skipped her last time, but that's not a huge deal to me. I really want to see miyuki (the candy maker)--we forgot all about her last time--and definitely do pick a pearl this time.

after some epcot fun, i'd like to take a boat (if this is possible? i'm not sure) to go to dinner at the 6:15 hoop de doo musical review! we've heard all kinds of good things about this dinner show and are really excited to try it out!

if we have time and the girls are awake--i'd like to go back into epcot to see illuminations. the girls have STILL not seen this, but if we can't see it, it's not a huge deal.

then, since we will have been awake for a long time, we'll get back to the resort and crash out for the night!

Ft Wilderness boats only run between there and MK :( so I don't think you'll be able to take a boat from epcot. But we took the bus to Ft Wilderness and then took the boat after the dinner to MK and hopped a bus from there! It was fun to ride in the boat at night and the water pageant was out too! So that's something to consider! Also we went to the 6:15pm show of HDDMR and boarded our boat probably close to 9 or so...buses come more frequently than the boat, so you might be able to make it back for illuminations but maybe not... Ft Wilderness was HUGE and the bus there took forever and you had to do a bus to FTW and then another bus within FTW...just so ya know! But totally worth it!!

You will love HDDMR! Best thing ever!

If it were me I would just plan a CS meal at epcot that day. HDDMR is unlimited food and you want to save room! Eat super early and light and then let your hunger build a little before the show!!!

Ok. So I totally understand wanting to get to Disney early. But if I were you, I'd take a later flight.
When we took my 3 brothers to Disney we had a 6am flight and it kinda ruined the day. :-/ I would have rather had less time at the park but it would have been quality time cause we wouldn't have been so exhausted and crabby. We had to be up at 3:30 to leave by 4am to get to the airport by 4:30ish. It wasn't worth it. We were sleep deprived and kinda groggy til half way through our trip.
Even taking an 8am flight will get you a little more sleep. Just my 2 cents. I will never do a super early flight again.

I am pretty sure that 6 am flight is just about always offered. Its not for me but, I totally understand your desire to get the most out of your vacation time.

I hope they add another meet for Anna and Elsa in MK or HS I would love to meet them!

To take a boat to HDDMR you will have to get to MK or the Contemporary and then boat from there. I agree with Denovagirl you are going to want to go to the HDD very hungry. The food is so good and all you can eat!

I also start planning DD's birthday party early (I start about 9 months out) I LOVE planing birthday parties! I am making plans for our 2016 trip (hopefully 2016 and not 2017:scared1:) So, I understand making plans way out in advance!

What about last flight out the night before? You'd have to add a night to the hotel ressie but it may then push you into 'free dining' so you would save money there. And you'd get more time over at EPCOT the next day... without tired, cranky littles.......

Ft Wilderness boats only run between there and MK :( so I don't think you'll be able to take a boat from epcot. But we took the bus to Ft Wilderness and then took the boat after the dinner to MK and hopped a bus from there! It was fun to ride in the boat at night and the water pageant was out too! So that's something to consider! Also we went to the 6:15pm show of HDDMR and boarded our boat probably close to 9 or so...buses come more frequently than the boat, so you might be able to make it back for illuminations but maybe not... Ft Wilderness was HUGE and the bus there took forever and you had to do a bus to FTW and then another bus within FTW...just so ya know! But totally worth it!!

You will love HDDMR! Best thing ever!

If it were me I would just plan a CS meal at epcot that day. HDDMR is unlimited food and you want to save room! Eat super early and light and then let your hunger build a little before the show!!!

thanks for letting me know about the boats. I am never sure where those boats go or don't go, but I do know I really want to ride one! :rotfl: taking one back at the end of the night to MK sounds like a fun, relaxing idea! i'm not too concerned about seeing illuminations because we'll see fireworks at MNSSHP anyway.

I was thinking the same thing about getting something to eat CS. maybe even just finding something at the resort before heading over to epcot, or just snacking around world showcase. not the healthiest option....but it's Disney! and, apparently, we'll get plenty to make up for it at hoop de doo :thumbsup2 (I really just love saying hoop de doo! :laughing: )

Ok. So I totally understand wanting to get to Disney early. But if I were you, I'd take a later flight.
When we took my 3 brothers to Disney we had a 6am flight and it kinda ruined the day. :-/ I would have rather had less time at the park but it would have been quality time cause we wouldn't have been so exhausted and crabby. We had to be up at 3:30 to leave by 4am to get to the airport by 4:30ish. It wasn't worth it. We were sleep deprived and kinda groggy til half way through our trip.
Even taking an 8am flight will get you a little more sleep. Just my 2 cents. I will never do a super early flight again.

I keep thinking about that too. I think the girls would pretty much sleep on the plane, but I know once we're there they'll be wide awake and won't lay back down (had thought about getting to hotel and napping for a couple hours). I don't know....I'm going to keep thinking about it though. thanks for the input!

I am pretty sure that 6 am flight is just about always offered. Its not for me but, I totally understand your desire to get the most out of your vacation time.

I hope they add another meet for Anna and Elsa in MK or HS I would love to meet them!

To take a boat to HDDMR you will have to get to MK or the Contemporary and then boat from there. I agree with Denovagirl you are going to want to go to the HDD very hungry. The food is so good and all you can eat!

I also start planning DD's birthday party early (I start about 9 months out) I LOVE planing birthday parties! I am making plans for our 2016 trip (hopefully 2016 and not 2017:scared1:) So, I understand making plans way out in advance!

I wish they had another m&g for anna and elsa too! I have heard that they might move to HS because the area at epcot in Norway is too crowded. maybe they'll be at Hollywood by the time we get there!

I am so excited about hoop de doo!!

I love planning the girls' parties! sometimes I wish I was a party planner--but I know i'd always want to do stuff my way and my clients would probably hate me! :laughing:

What about last flight out the night before? You'd have to add a night to the hotel ressie but it may then push you into 'free dining' so you would save money there. And you'd get more time over at EPCOT the next day... without tired, cranky littles.......

I've been thinking about that too--just leaving late on Wednesday night. my DH has to work that night, but I did think about just me and the girls leaving and him coming down the next morning. it sort of bums me out that we wouldn't travel together, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. it would be hard to get the girls off the plane alone late at night though. it's still an option though....

day 2 plans

it's a SNOW DAY here in st louis! so thought i'd add some more plans while I have some free time...

for our second day, i'd like to have some time to sleep in since we will do MNSSHP this night. I was thinking we might go over to DTD for a little bit, but again, not a high priority. what i'd really love to do is sign the girls up to go on a pirate cruise at CBR. the kids get to go out on a boat, hear some pirate stories, have a snack, and look for treasure. I would love to hang out in a hammock and just chill while they do that. i'm not sure about DH though. he has a hard time relaxing like that on vacation and likes to be busy. he could always find something to keep him busy i'm sure.

then we'd get some lunch at the resort and hopefully nap after that. we'll head to MK about 3 that afternoon. they will let you into the park about 4 with a ticket to MNSSHP. we'll do some rides or try to meet tiana maybe since Madison was so sad we missed her last time. then, we'll party it up! I know they have a map with the party schedule and m&g's but I haven't looked at any old ones yet to get an idea of what happens at the parties. I do know i'd like to get a magic shot by haunted mansion with the ghost in the picture with the carriage! and see the parade of course, and the villians show and the fireworks....ok, do everything! :lmao:

i'd like to stay at the party until whenever--that's why I need to convince the girls to nap. they do stay up late when we are at family gatherings and stuff and they're busy and having fun, but I think getting some extra rest would really help.

after the party, we'll just head back to the resort and try to sleep off the sugar high from all the candy! :rotfl2:

sounds great!!! We are doing a similar plan for our MNSSHP day. My 4 y/o and my hubs won't have a problem staying up late (night owls) But I need my sleep!!! :rotfl:

day 3 plans

I had our plans for this day typed up and somehow I lost them, so....here we go again....

I think there is an 8/8:30 pm flight out this evening that we could take. this should give us time to sleep in a little after a late night at the party and still have a good amount of time to get in one more park.....HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!

we'd like to have time to see muppets (it was closed last time), do toy story (also closed), DH would like to do the animation class again, star tours, play in HISTK play area and maybe do rockin rollercoaster. i'd love to have an early dinner there (50s? we really loved it last time) and stop by starring rolls at some point to get something to take with us (snack for the plane? ::yes:: ) since we skipped it last time. then we'll head back to the resort to catch the ME to the airport. :sad:

so....busy, but fun trip.

depending on what flights we end up booking, we might switch epcot and Hollywood days around. I want to see which park has more things we'd like to do and would need more time and which day we'd maybe have more park time to play with. that's my loose, open to suggestions, still can be revised, maybe definite plan for this trip! :thumbsup2

sounds great!!! We are doing a similar plan for our MNSSHP day. My 4 y/o and my hubs won't have a problem staying up late (night owls) But I need my sleep!!! :rotfl:

I need my sleep too or I am more cranky then our 4 year old without her bearbear (that's super cranky/instant meltdown territory, just so you know). a friend of mine saw a shirt I totally need--it said "I like to party...and by "party", I mean nap!" :lmao:

Love your day 2... that's basically our plan as well. Sleep in, play around at the resort, swim, eat lunch, try to force the girls into a nap...I really want them to make it to midnight!! I've heard it really clears out after the parades and fireworks show, so I know I don't want to leave then with the crowd. It'd be great to just stick it out and try a bunch of rides at night! I don't know why it is that rides at night feel so much more fun!?!?! :rotfl:

I figure even if one or both kids do fall asleep we can just leave them in the stroller and me and the hubs can take turns riding rides! LoL...I plan to get as much out of this party as I can! That's for sure!! :thumbsup2

Your day 3 sounds awesome as well!!! I loved 50's, the food was great, so that'd be a great place to go back too! On such a short trip I think it's good that you do some things you already know you love! Muppets was closed on our last trip too... so that's on my list as well! We did get to do TSM, I'd follow the golden rule of HS and head there first and then schedule a FP+ for it later on as well! It's so fun!!

Sounds like you're really packing some good punch into your trip!! How fun to be able to just jet off to Disney for a few nights!!!! :cool1:

I also agree with some of the others... if you can stand it leaving the day before with the kids to get some extra time would be really fun! If not, even arriving late that night so you can have the extra time in the morning is a good idea! Every minute in Disney is precious! :goodvibes

I need my sleep too or I am more cranky then our 4 year old without her bearbear (that's super cranky/instant meltdown territory, just so you know). a friend of mine saw a shirt I totally need--it said "I like to party...and by "party", I mean nap!" :lmao:

OMG, I NEED that shirt!!!!! ::yes::

has anybody else seen this? It just popped up an my Facebook page? I'm going to have to check this out! It might be worth staying at all stars versus CBR to get this rate (or close since we're a family of 4) and free MM!

Sorry if that's huge. I'm on my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter