Dont hate me but am I the only one that finds this annoying...

I will agree with you on this also. I have 3 kids ranging in age from 5-16, and think the noise is a bit much. Dont get me wrong, we thought the games and activities were fun, but there is NO reason for the volume level. The kids that were participating would have been able to hear if the volume was cut to a more comfortable level. Not complaining about the pool party, just maybe they could turn the volume of the speakers down a bit.

Agreed! No reason why the volume can't be turned down so that those participating can hear, but others can't.

And I don't understand the "shouldn't go there if you don't have/like kids" comments. Not all kids are the same. Not all kids will want to participate in the activities or like blaring music. And you know what some kids do during the day? NAP. Kind of hard to do with music blaring.

I understand that the pool activities that begin at 1:00 EVERY DAY are great and fun for the kids but I kind of found this unnerving after a while! A lot of the resorts have resort specific music that is relaxing and enjoyable until the chaos starts! We were at Wilderness Lodge last week and had to listen to rock music blaring all day with the activities girl screaming into the microphone! Do we really need to be listening to pink floyd and freebird for the kids at the pool! We moved to the beach for some peace and quite but there was no escape. I am sure this is fun for the kids but wouldnt an hour or so be fair for everyone and not the ENTIRE afternoon! Sorry just had to say it!

Yes .... I absolutly hate it. I complained to a CM last trip and she told me the reason they have this activity was because some parents complained that their kids we bored while at the resort(s). I replyed, Isnt that what the parks are for? and the CM just shrugged their shoulders and said sorry.

The kids are bored at the resorts? So, Disney should be entertaining children at the resorts too.
We leave the parks to get some peace. Some kids need some quiet time and hence you leave the parks and go to the hotel.
Or is it maybe the parents don't have money to go everyday to the park??? Hmmm hmmmm

I agree - would be different if the quiet pools were actually quiet but that is usually not the case; a whole other issue I would rather not get into right now :). :confused3

Just a friendly FYI, "quiet" pools mean there is no slide, lifeguards, or organized activities. They are not ment for slient swimming. WDW actually calls the leisuer pools. :)

i go to the quite pool,but understand where you are going with this. I would love to see disney do an all adult resort, I feel people would love that. I understand I am at disney and there is lots of kids, but we all know that not all kids are behaved or parents dont make them behave.I have seen tons of parents put the kids in the pool, go to sleep or drink and just let them do whatever. Just show respect.

I thought the pool parties were fabulous! We could have a cocktail while DS did the party. Total win win. I didn't notice the music being extra loud.

Just a friendly FYI, "quiet" pools mean there is no slide, lifeguards, or organized activities. They are not ment for slient swimming. WDW actually calls the leisuer pools. :)

True--but in my experience, the quiet pool at BWI is VERY quiet and the quiet pool at the Poly occasionally had a few kids playing but no music so it was more relaxing than the pool with the slide and activities.

Not a fan of the pool parties. It's too much, and I have two kids "of that age". Even they're not into all the racket. If a pool and the other amenities a resort have to offer are not enough to keep a kid entertained, something's amiss, IMO.

As someone who's been going to Disney since I was 5, I miss the days when you could hear the resort music and make friends on your own at the pool. The structured games and loud music take away from the opportunity to create your own fun or just wind down as even kids need to do sometimes.

I will agree with you on this also. I have 3 kids ranging in age from 5-16, and think the noise is a bit much. Dont get me wrong, we thought the games and activities were fun, but there is NO reason for the volume level. The kids that were participating would have been able to hear if the volume was cut to a more comfortable level. Not complaining about the pool party, just maybe they could turn the volume of the speakers down a bit.

Good point.

Even with all the adults who love Disney on their own, it is first and foremost for children and families. I expect to go to Disney and have my senses overloaded with sights, sounds, and music. It's all part of the experience.

If WDW is "first and foremost for children and families," why is it so loud in the afternoon when so many children will be needing naps? :confused3 Kids need naps at WDW waaaay later than they do in their every day lives, and it would be a lot healthier for them to have the sensory overload at the parks, and quiet time in the resorts. ;)

But this is fairly recent and for people who can entertain themselves at the pool it's very annoying.

My kids are able to entertain timeselves but also enjoy a bit of directed pool activity. They're also long past afternoon naps. :p However they thought the WDW pools too loud in the afternoon, which is part of why they voted to stay off site. I believe the major factor is that they thought the DVC 2 BRs too small, but the noisy pools were a definite negative for them. So it's not a "kids versus adults" thing, IMHO.

I don't know what some people would do if they couldn't complain! What's next - fireworks are too late at night??

Interesting comments regarding families vs adults only. I have been to WDW over 30 times since '99. I would say that almost half of those have been adult trips..either by myself or with other adults...and by that I mean over 17 y/o.

Yes, Disney is for families. But, there are plenty of adults vacationing there as well. To say that those adults who don't care for the noise need to find someplace else to vacation?? Ah, no...I don't think so.

We enjoyed the pool parties....we did them when my dd was younger. At 19, she doesn't find them nearly so entertaining..obviously. BUT...here's the thing. Those parties are overly loud. If you sit anywhere close to the pool area, then you have trouble carrying on a conversation with those near you. All it would take is a lowering of the volume..not so hard. And that CM, holding the mic??? Stop screaming into it. You aren't going to be adding to the festivities by screaming and trying for a false sense of fun!!!! It's almost as if some of them are trying to whip the kids into a frenzy!!!

There is room for improvement. Rather than all afternoon (which hasn't been my experience), these activities could be scheduled for shorter periods of time...maybe 90 mins or so. As long as they are shorter in duration, and not quite as loud, then people should be able to plan accordingly.

But, to say that WDW is for families?? And if you want relaxation and quiet then you need to go elsewhere? Nope...WDW is for everyone. Those of us who go there, as adults, with other adults, are spending a ton of money. And our money is just as welcome by Disney coffers as family dollars.

What if adults over ran the main pools at the resorts with oldie music that the younger set didn't enjoy at ear deafening levels or rap music that a lot of older teens seem to like. I'm sure there would be a lot of complaints about the young kids not being able to enjoy the pool/play time.

It's really about moderation. If the pool parties are listed at certain times during the day then people not interested, could arrange their schedules accordingly. Are these parties held daily and for long periods of time? I haven't had the pleasure of attending, lol. I haven't heard the screaming CM's but it sounds awful for others trying to enjoy the pool.

I don't find the activities and accompanying music annoying, I find the volume annoying, and it's not just the resort activities music volume it's all music volume everywhere in the world.

Why does it have to be so loud? (The Electrical Water Pageant music is so loud it will knock you out of bed in the WL inner-courtyard.:scared1:) Is everyone deaf? If not, you will be after a week at WDW. ;)

Martin

I agree - would be different if the quiet pools were actually quiet but that is usually not the case; a whole other issue I would rather not get into right now :). Just returned from POR and could hear the main pool music all the way over by Oak Manor. Everyone has their own opinion - but Disney is soooo not just for kids/families - I am middle aged and have no children and love everything they have to offer but I do not need my pool day to be interrupted by the loud microphone/dance music every day - at least they could have it maybe every other day?? :confused3

uh oh. what are the quiet pools actually like? lol my boyfriend and i will be at POR in february and i was hoping that we could stay away from the main pool to avoid all activities and loud fun! lol

I think it's so incredibly annoying. DH & I were just at the BW and left the main pool to sit by the quiet pool where we could still hear the music. We could even hear it our room. It was doubly annoying because there is some music playing in the background, then the CM's screaming in the microphone and playing their music at 10000 decibels. It's not enjoyable at all. :(

Play me Pink Floyd and Lynrd Skynyrd! I'm all for that! Maybe not so much when they get out the Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. But I could do without the screaming on the microphone, or at least they might turn the microphone down a bit.

Sorry, Disney is not just for children and families. All day, really, don't they have certain times when the pool activities are scheduled? So you can plan to avoid them if they don't interest you? I remember OKW had a schedule. Don't think Allstar Music did, they just had someone out in the afternoon screaming on a microphone, which was set so loudly she could be clearly heard inside rooms that weren't all that close to the pool.

I have to say that I don't understand the reason for the pool parties to begin with. I have three children, DD 7, DD, 11 and DS 10, they never participate in the pool parties. They are in a pool having fun playing and swimming as a break from the chaos and stimulation of the parks. they don't need the added stimulation of the noise. They were annoyed by the CM constantly yelling at them to join the fun.
I'm just saying that when people are at the resort during the day it is normally to take a break from the noise not because they need more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter